+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Comey's Firing

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Comey's Firing

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Depends on the quality of their sources these days because most of the news items are originating from people within the government or close to it that do not want to be identified (for obvious reasons). Reuters is more reliable than CNN, which is relatively balanced though slightly left leaning (making it even better when Republicans are in charge, IMO).
    I think they are all using the same source or sources. I'm more asking about how they present the story. They tend to present everything as a fact based on anonymous sources without any real counterbalance. In both the memo story and the Trump-Russia meeting story they present the anonymous sources story as fact. At least in the meeting story they mentioned the two officials who spoke publicly to refute the claims.

Also, I would say the opposite on CNN. I think they try harder to be balanced when a Democrat is in office. I think they tend to move to the left when a Republican is in office.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Remember what Comey said about Hillary. She had no criminal intent in using her personal unprotected server that she put in a bathroom. Also, Uma had no idea that she was sending classified emails to her pervert husband. And, Hillary and Obama thought the attack on our embassy in Benghazi was caused by a 5 minute video. They even had the guy arrested that made it. Hillary and Obama were also more concerned about what the soldiers wore to the Benghazi fire fight than saving the ambassador. The Americans were rescued 13 hours after the attack began by the people that Obama and Hillary kicked out of office. Those weren't our planes that flew the survivors out either. Where was the President and the Secretary of State while Americans were under attack. If they had sent the soldiers to the fight instead of telling them to change their clothes 5 times, it's possible that those that died could have been rescued. Why did the liberal press ignore this? So what is this thing everybody is so upset about Trump saying to Comey. Who appointed Comey? I believe it was the same guy that guaranteed that Trump would never be President. I'm 70 years old and I have never heard of a sitting President besides Obama guarantee that the opposing party candidate would not win the election. I wonder why the liberal press just ignored this? Looks like somebody did some meddling in the election process to me and it wasn't Russia. He also spied on Trump which the liberal press has ignored.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Don, what was the US Ambassador doing at our Consulate in Benghazi?

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    Don, what was the US Ambassador doing at our Consulate in Benghazi?
    Apparently, Obama and Hillary didn't think about the stash of weapons that Libya had that could could easily fall into the hands of the muslim jihadis until it was too late, so, they sent the ambassador there to locate the weapons. He realized what danger he was facing trying to drive around in Libya and requested more security to protect him, but, was denied several times. Obama was raised in Indonesia as a muslim and has always been a muslim sympathizer, so, I guess you could say he was just ignorant for not thinking about the jihadis getting their hands on those weapons. Hillary doesn't have an excuse, she should have seen this coming after the failed regime change in Egypt.

Here's a fact Obama and Hillary don't want to admit. Just because a country has a dictator doesn't mean that's bad. It can get much worse with sharia law, especially for women. There is only one way to stop a thug that thinks a god is telling him to kill for him, and that is killing him. This war fighting muslim terrorists will never end. Ayaan Hirsi Ali gives a good explanation for this in her book, "Infidel."

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Why is it that Rush is the only one to have pointed out that in Comey's sworn Senate testimony (2 times on separate days) he stated that Trump had not interfered in the investigation.
    Because it is fake news. He never said that Trump has not interfered or tried to interfere.

He was asked a procedural question in his May 3 hearing relating to whether it was possible for the DOJ to shut down an FBI investigation.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post

Also, I would say the opposite on CNN. I think they try harder to be balanced when a Democrat is in office. I think they tend to move to the left when a Republican is in office.
    It is hard to say. Covering Trump has got to be especially challenging because he is so far off the reservation and his attacks on the media have caused them to be more defensive.

But it is far better for the media to be overly critical than inadequately critical.

Comey, Unsettled by Trump, Is Said to Have Wanted Him Kept at a Distance - The New York Times
    https://apple.news/AU0bAncM7RUy5wSe8mNlYBQ

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Because it is fake news. He never said that Trump has not interfered or tried to interfere.

He was asked a procedural question in his May 3 hearing relating to whether it was possible for the DOJ to shut down an FBI investigation.
    Okay...

COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that — without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don’t see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I’m talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It’s not happened in my experience.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Okay...

COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that — without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don’t see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I’m talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It’s not happened in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Okay...

See, that is why you can't trust right wing propaganda. They deliberately took that quote out of context. Rush did it even worse because he rephrased it so that it sounded like Comey was specifically taking about Trump.

SEN. MAZIE HIRONO (D-HI): Yes. And so speaking of the independence of not just the judiciary but I'd like you to clarify the FBI's independence from the DOJ apparatus. Can the FBI conduct an investigation independent from the department of Justice. Or does the FBI have to disclose all it's (sic) investigations to the DOJ? And does it have to get the Attorney General's consent?

COMEY: Well we work with the Department of Justice, whether that's main justice or U.S. attorney's offices on all of our investigations.

And so we work with them and so in a legal sense we're not independent of the department of justice. We are spiritually, culturally pretty independent group and that's the way you would want it. But yes, we work with the Department of Justice on all of our investigations.

HIRONO: So if the Attorney General or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?

COMEY: In theory yes.

HIRONO: Has it happened?

COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that -- without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience. [The Washington Post, 5/3/17]

Rush is a liar.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Apparently, Obama and Hillary didn't think about the stash of weapons that Libya had that could could easily fall into the hands of the muslim jihadis until it was too late, so, they sent the ambassador there to locate the weapons. He realized what danger he was facing trying to drive around in Libya and requested more security to protect him, but, was denied several times. Obama was raised in Indonesia as a muslim and has always been a muslim sympathizer, so, I guess you could say he was just ignorant for not thinking about the jihadis getting their hands on those weapons. Hillary doesn't have an excuse, she should have seen this coming after the failed regime change in Egypt.

Here's a fact Obama and Hillary don't want to admit. Just because a country has a dictator doesn't mean that's bad. It can get much worse with sharia law, especially for women. There is only one way to stop a thug that thinks a god is telling him to kill for him, and that is killing him. This war fighting muslim terrorists will never end. Ayaan Hirsi Ali gives a good explanation for this in her book, "Infidel."
    Don, the ambassador was in Benghazi to arrange shipment of Libya weapons to the rebels in Syria. He was on a CIA mission and was probably a CIA agent. The consulate was attack because of this. Since this was a secret mission a cover story was invented. Since it was a CIA mission you got to wonder why they didn't protect the Ambassador better.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    Don, the ambassador was in Benghazi to arrange shipment of Libya weapons to the rebels in Syria. He was on a CIA mission and was probably a CIA agent. The consulate was attack because of this. Since this was a secret mission a cover story was invented. Since it was a CIA mission you got to wonder why they didn't protect the Ambassador better.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Rush is a liar.
    Rush is right 99.7% of the time. On the rare occasion (.3%) when he's not, he admits it and corrects the record.

You, on the other hand, are just a clueless tool of the libtards.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Rush is right 99.7% of the time. On the rare occasion (.3%) when he's not, he admits it and corrects the record.

You, on the other hand, are just a clueless tool of the libtards.
    Rush is a liar. And if you love someone that will blow smoke up your ass, he is your guy.

This dishonest misrepresentation of Comey's statement to serve his agenda is far from atypical behavior.

+ Reply to Thread