Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
Still believe our elevated performance against lower tier pitching confounds the overall averages. What are our percentages against decent pitching?
One would have to do a detailed analysis game by game to arrive at a team BA vs. opponents. For instance, we were 0-3 vs. USM who has "decent" pitching. What was our BA in that series? I dunno, but looking at the box scores a series average can be calculated. Likewise vs. any opponent. That done, next you would have to look each opponents' pitching for the season. What is each staff's ERA? That's a good measure.

So, I don't know the answer since I haven't looked at the stats. But, if we lost to "decent" teams by scores of 1-0, 2-1, or like that then our offense struggled. If we lost to "decent" teams 13-10 or scores like that, it was our pitching that was the problem, not our hitting. (obviously).

Now, in general pitching wins championships in baseball. So, it's more than likely, our hitting has been better vs. the weaker teams on our schedule. There is an old saying in baseball, when you come up against a weak pitcher(s) you say "time to fatten those batting averages."