+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teams to Watch (or not) for the Next Two Weeks

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Teams to Watch (or not) for the Next Two Weeks

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    So, based on those two statements from you, you think NSU deserved to go to the playoffs last year. Heck, I never said that.

In an effort to be fair to Burr (who I have questioned his hiring based on his pedigree as a HC) I stated NSU was hovering around in the RPI range last year to be considered to be "on the bubble" prior to the SLC Tourney. They went 0-2 in the tourney and was obviously eliminated from further consideration.

But, you and a couple of others, have removed even that tidbit from Burr's pedigree. So, I ask again, based on what he did as HC prior to coming here, what did Burr do to deserve being hired by Tech? Answer the effing question. You won't answer it. Dawg06 won't answer it. No one, NOT A SINGLE PERSON has made a case for his hiring. No way should this team be 16-11 in CUSA play. We should be more like 20-7 right now, and maybe a game or two better than that. Burr has bungled along, much like he did at NSU, being a mediocre team when they had more talent than that.

So, thanks to you and Dawg06 for helping to make my case for me. I think he was hired for the simple reason, and no other reason, he was at Tommy Mac's precious NSU and he wanted to help out a NSU coach to move up. I said last year if we were interested in a Louisiana coach we should go after Matt Riser at SLU. Has a short, but very successful, career as a HC. But, if you think Burr was a good hire, fine, present the evidence.

I HOPE Burr turns out to be a good hire. But, that's not the question now. It is: what made him a good hire based on his record at NSU as HC?
    I didn't make the hire and have no reason to make a case for his hire. I like Burroughs. I'm sure he knocked the interview out of the park. Listening to him, he's a guy I would want to play for. He's a good cultural fit. He did well at NWST. He did have a solid record. Just not a Top 45 resume. He inherited a dumpster fire, turned it around, and put together 3 consecutive successful seasons by NWST standards. They just didn't do enough to get NCAA at-large consideration. There are a lot of good coaches out there who have yet to make the NCAAs. SELA and Sammy State have been kings of the Southland, and NWST is a tough job. He wasn't a "home run" hire, but he was an easy hire. And I hope a solid hire who will maintain our success. It was considered a major success that he was able to keep Ostrander on staff. He's knowledgable about our conference with all those years at USM and should be able to maintain our Mississippi juco pipeline. Are you satisfied now?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    McNeese's resume this year is significantly better than last year's NWST resume.
    I though so, but I could not pass up a dig at D80.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I didn't make the hire and have no reason to make a case for his hire. I like Burroughs. I'm sure he knocked the interview out of the park. Listening to him, he's a guy I would want to play for. He's a good cultural fit. He did well at NWST. He did have a solid record. Just not a Top 45 resume. He inherited a dumpster fire, turned it around, and put together 3 consecutive successful seasons by NWST standards. They just didn't do enough to get NCAA at-large consideration. There are a lot of good coaches out there who have yet to make the NCAAs. SELA and Sammy State have been kings of the Southland, and NWST is a tough job. He wasn't a "home run" hire, but he was an easy hire. And I hope a solid hire who will maintain our success. It was considered a major success that he was able to keep Ostrander on staff. He's knowledgable about our conference with all those years at USM and should be able to maintain our Mississippi juco pipeline. Are you satisfied now?
    That sums it up.

+ Reply to Thread