+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teams to Watch (or not) for the Next Two Weeks

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Teams to Watch (or not) for the Next Two Weeks

ACC (7 teams)

American East (1 team) - Binghamton

AAC (3 teams) - Do not need UConn to win their tournament

A-10 (1 team) - Rhode Island

A Sun (1 team)

Big 12 (6 teams)

Big East (1 team) - St Johns

Big South (1 team)

Big 10 (3-4 teams)

Big West (2 teams)

Colonial (1 team)

C-USA (2-3 teams)

Horizon (1 team)

Ivy (1 team)

MAAC (1 team)

MEAC (1 team)

Mid American (1 team)

Missouri Valley (1 team) assuming Dallas Baptist does not win tournament

Mtn West (1 team)

Northeast (1 team)

Ohio Valley (1 team)

PAC 12 (3 teams) need Oregon, Stanford, or Arizona to win tournament

Patriot (1 team)

$EC (as many as 10 teams)

Southern (1 team)

Southland (2 teams?) McNeese is 38 and SLU is 29. We need one of those two to win the tournament, probably SLU.

Sunbelt (2 teams?)

SWAC (1 team)

Summit (1 team)

West Coast (1 team)

WAC (1 team)

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Teams to Watch (or not) for the Next Two Weeks

That's 63 if I counted right.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Based on RPIs I really only see the Belt getting one team
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Based on RPIs I really only see the Belt getting one team
    I don't disagree, but the committee seems to like history so if Lafayette wins the tournament Coastal might get an at large. I don't think it will be Lafayette getting an at large. That's why I put the ? mark.

Also, South Alabama is at 40.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

If we go 2-1 at Middle our predicted RPI is sitting at 34 which would be solid

If we go 2-1 at Middle our predicted RPI is sitting at 34 which would be solid
    Anything in the 30s will be great after next weekend as long as we win 2 in Biloxi if last year is any indication. It appears the field of 64 is more forgiving than it was last year.

Yes 2 + 2 will guarantee us a regional 3 seed within driving distance...

USM could be playing themselves into a regional host

USM could be playing themselves into a regional host
    They deserve it, much more than last year when they should have gotten the spot over Lafayette.

Either McNeese or SLU may end up missing out while both deserve to go.

If one of them wins the Southland, I think they both go

If some one else does I think McNeese may be in trouble

If one of them wins the Southland, I think they both go

If some one else does I think McNeese may be in trouble
    McNeese is 4-10 vs Top 50 and 5-5 last 10

SLU is 8-5 vs. Top 50 and 9-1 last 10

SLU has a much better chance at an at large. McNeese is similar to where D'80s NSU was last year.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

I would like to be at 40-41 wins at end of season. Not necessarily for committee selection(although it wouldn't hurt), I just want to have two 40 win season in a row.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    They deserve it, much more than last year when they should have gotten the spot over Lafayette.

Either McNeese or SLU may end up missing out while both deserve to go.

SLU has a much better chance at an at large. McNeese is similar to where D'80s NSU was last year.
    So, based on those two statements from you, you think NSU deserved to go to the playoffs last year. Heck, I never said that.

In an effort to be fair to Burr (who I have questioned his hiring based on his pedigree as a HC) I stated NSU was hovering around in the RPI range last year to be considered to be "on the bubble" prior to the SLC Tourney. They went 0-2 in the tourney and was obviously eliminated from further consideration.

But, you and a couple of others, have removed even that tidbit from Burr's pedigree. So, I ask again, based on what he did as HC prior to coming here, what did Burr do to deserve being hired by Tech? Answer the effing question. You won't answer it. Dawg06 won't answer it. No one, NOT A SINGLE PERSON has made a case for his hiring. No way should this team be 16-11 in CUSA play. We should be more like 20-7 right now, and maybe a game or two better than that. Burr has bungled along, much like he did at NSU, being a mediocre team when they had more talent than that.

So, thanks to you and Dawg06 for helping to make my case for me. I think he was hired for the simple reason, and no other reason, he was at Tommy Mac's precious NSU and he wanted to help out a NSU coach to move up. I said last year if we were interested in a Louisiana coach we should go after Matt Riser at SLU. Has a short, but very successful, career as a HC. But, if you think Burr was a good hire, fine, present the evidence.

I HOPE Burr turns out to be a good hire. But, that's not the question now. It is: what made him a good hire based on his record at NSU as HC?

We are 39 this morning

We need UConn at 40 to fail

We need South Alabama to win the Sunbelt tournament. Coastal may be a sentimental pick if they remain in the 40s.

Many others to consider...

Varsity Bulldog rlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to behold

We are 39 this morning

We need UConn at 40 to fail

We need South Alabama to win the Sunbelt tournament. Coastal may be a sentimental pick if they remain in the 40s.

Many others to consider...
    Yeah lots of variables at this point. We need to take care of business in the cusa tourney to make it an easy decision for the committee.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

McNeese's resume this year is significantly better than last year's NWST resume.

+ Reply to Thread