+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Conference USA Baseball Tournament

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: 2017 Conference USA Baseball Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    You are looking at the wrong guy.

I'm talking about Wallner, who started 60 of their 61 games in CF or on the mound and crushed that HR to RCF that DogsWin was talking about.

Wallner had much greater OBP, SLG, and OBP (all of which are better metrics than AVG), and played a much more critical position defensively.

Wallner led the whole conference in OPS and was #2 in OBP and #2 in SLG.

Burdeaux wasn't even Top 10 in any of those metrics.

No clue about who Goff recruited.
    Oh yeah, I forgot he was a pretty good pitcher, too. Just missed Top 10 in ERA. Let's see if he can save USM and send it to extras.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 05-28-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Nope.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Rice wins.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

You are looking at the wrong guy.

I'm talking about Wallner, who started 60 of their 61 games in CF and on the mound and crushed that HR to RCF that DogsWin was talking about.

Wallner had much greater OBP, SLG, and OBP (all of which are better metrics than AVG), and played a much more critical position defensively.

Wallner led the whole conference in OPS and was #2 in OBP and #2 in SLG.

Burdeaux wasn't even Top 10 in any of those metrics.

No clue about who Goff recruited.

I didn't look to see who hit the HR. Must have been rigged by C-USA and Putin to favor a WM guy over a Shreveport guy.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I didn't look to see who hit the HR. Must have been rigged by C-USA and Putin to favor a WM guy over a Shreveport guy.
    lol

But Wallner is from Minnesota and originally signed with North Dakota. He only ended up at USM because UND cut their baseball program and was later released to play anywhere. Somehow USM landed him. Now he's C-USA Freshman of the Year and should've been POY. Incredible story.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

lol

But Wallner is from Minnesota and originally signed with North Dakota. He only ended up at USM because UND cut their baseball program and was later released to play anywhere. Somehow USM landed him. Now he's C-USA Freshman of the Year and should've been POY. Incredible story.
    DW's love for the Shreveport kid and the Freshman got me crossed up. I never looked to see who actually hit the HR.

DW's love for the Shreveport kid and the Freshman got me crossed up. I never looked to see who actually hit the HR.
    OK. I don't know if we recruited the Shreveport kid, but I do know his playing time would've been slim to none this year had he signed with Tech. Our catcher spot was already solidified.

OK. I don't know if we recruited the Shreveport kid, but I do know his playing time would've been slim to none this year had he signed with Tech. Our catcher spot was already solidified.
    Yeah, he probably didn't then. He had a commit out of the catcher from Tioga last year. He later "decommitted".

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Yeah, he probably didn't then. He had a commit out of the catcher from Tioga last year. He later "decommitted".
    Where did that kid go?

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    Where did that kid go?
    I'll have to look it up, but I think he was considering following Goff to Bama. That may not be accurate.

I remember for sure that he needed some financial help and TOPS was not going to do much for him.

I'll have to look it up, but I think he was considering following Goff to Bama. That may not be accurate.

I remember for sure that he needed some financial help and TOPS was not going to do much for him.

Looks like he went to Holmes and had a pretty good freshman year.

http://njcaa.org/sports/bsb/2016-17/...lynjohnson9p23

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Did he make it to campus? His twitter timeline has a lot of Hinds CC & Tech retweets[/FONT][/COLOR]
    No he never enrolled at Tech. See my post above. He played at Holmes this past year. We may still be on him. IDK.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

No he never enrolled at Tech. See my post above. He played at Holmes this past year. We may still be on him. IDK.
    Good deal, maybe we'll land him after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    Good deal, maybe we'll land him after all.
    I think he is a Goff fan.

If Goff ends up at nlulm our juco pipeline will begin to have more competition.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

I figure Goff will end up back east somewhere or a school closer to where his dad lives if he can pull it off.

+ Reply to Thread