+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 Schedule

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

2017-18 Schedule

Confirmed games have a link
    Date Opponent Time (Central) Probable Media
    Fri, 11/10 Grambling 11:00 a.m. CUSA.tv
    Sun, 11/12 LSU-Alexandria 2:00 p.m. CUSA.tv
    Thur, 11/16 Memphis 6:30 p.m. CUSA.tv
    Sun, 11/19 @ Auburn 6:00 pm SEC +
    Sat, 11/25 Penn State 7:45 pm LiveStream South Point Shootout in Las Vegas, NV
    Sun, 11/26 Niagara 1:00 pm LiveStream South Point Shootout in Las Vegas, NV
    Thur, 11/30 @ Texas 7:00 pm Longhorn Network
    Mon, 12/04 Clemson 6:30 p.m. CUSA.tv
    Thu, 12/07 @ Little Rock 6:30 p.m. $5.95
    Mon, 12/11 ULM 6:30 p.m. CUSA.tv
    Mon, 12/18 McNeese State 6:30 p.m. CUSA.tv
    Thu, 12/21 Houston Baptist 6:30 p.m. CUSA.tv
    Fri, 12/29 Alcorn State 6:30 p.m. CUSA.tv
    Wed, 01/03 UNT * 6:30 p.m. CUSA.tv
    Fri, 01/05 UTSA * 6:30 p.m. CUSA.tv
    Thu, 01/11 @ USM 6:00 p.m. CUSA.tv
    Sat, 01/13 @ Marshall * 12:00 p.m.
    Thu, 01/18 @ FIU * 10:00 a.m. ESPN3
    Sat, 01/20 @ FAU * 6:00 p.m. CUSA.tv
    Fri, 01/26 ODU * 6:30 p.m. CUSA.tv
    Sun, 01/28 WKU 6:30 p.m. CUSA.tv
    Thu, 02/01 @ MTSU * 6:30 p.m. ESPN3
    Sun, 02/04 UAB 2:00 p.m. CUSA.tv
    Wed, 02/07 Rice * 6:30 p.m. CUSA.tv
    Sat, 02/10 @ UTEP 2:00 p.m. CUSA.tv
    Thu, 02/15 Charlotte * 4:30 p.m. CUSA.tv
    Sat, 02/17 USM 2:30 p.m. CUSA.tv
    Sat, 02/24 @ UAB 2:00 p.m.
    Thu, 03/01 @ Rice * CUSA.tv
    Thu, 03/08 North Texas (Quarterfinals) 2:00 p.m. Facebook C-USA Tourney @ Frisco, TX
    Thu, 03/15 Missouri State (1st Round) 6:30 p.m. WNIT

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 2017-18 Schedule

That oughta be fun. Hopefully we can keep the streak going!

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

This upcoming season should be loaded with some really fun games.
    I think I am correct on this
    @ LSU
    @Auburn
    Clemson
    Memphis

Confirmed
    @ Texas

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

I am not sure why maybe just my age but I still look forward to when I see Stephen F Austin on the schedule

I miss playing Tennessee and Georgia

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

I agree. I think the Techsters will be hosting a Thanksgiving Tournament at the Thomas Assembly Center (going back a ways, really miss the Dial Classics).

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    I am not sure why maybe just my age but I still look forward to when I see Stephen F Austin on the schedule

I miss playing Tennessee and Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    I agree. I think the Techsters will be hosting a Thanksgiving Tournament at the Thomas Assembly Center (going back a ways, really miss the Dial Classics).
    That would be a lot of fun, would be interesting to get maybe SMU, UALR and maybe a Missouri State to come in for that

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I remember the Texas series. I think the final straw was when we were both ranked in the top 5 and they came to Ruston. There were students with banners standing on the overpasses as they got closer to Ruston. They played there fight song over and over and over the entire game and we both had a tradition of our bands playing our school song at the end of the game. We won and it was on our court, but when our band started playing, they did too. The Hoop Troop just played right over them and the fans at the TAC went nuts. Conradt stated that our fans were unruly the whole game. Fact is the place was packed and LOUD! Even schools like Texas were not used to that for WBB. It was intimidating. After they lost, she stated they would never play us in the regular season again in an article the next day.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Jody Conradt sounded like Sue Gunter, who complained loudly how "unruly" it was playing in Ruston. That's only because it was....we were LOUD and naughty too! These "P5" schools want all the advantages of playing on their home courts with "friendly" referees. And then they'll spin their "elite" status saying, "see those mid-majors can't compete with us." ("mid-major" is a term they use).

I remember when TCU came to the TAC for the NCAA playoffs. I don't remember the year....fading memory, sorry. But I read their fan forum afterwards and the comments were like, "awesome atmosphere" "rowdy, noisy place" "crazy fans" and they loved the Hoop Troop, lots of compliments about it.

Others have shared those sentiments, from Virginia, to Clemson, to Miami, to Ohio State (whose coach, AD, and fans complained about the unfair home court advantage), to Penn State fans who complained about the inferior roads of Louisiana and that "hell hole of an arena, where no visiting team stands a chance."

I hope we get all of that back....

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Speaking of Texas....I'm sure most of you remember that heroic performance by the best player in Techster history, Spoon, and how she carried us to that semi-final win over the Lady Horns. Wow! I think she played all 40 minutes and never slowed down, on offense, on defense, making play after play. Has to be one of the best game performances of all time. Legendary stuff.

Unfortunately, we played Tennessee the next day in the national championship game, and Spoon was simply too exhausted to duplicate that feat. We had less than a 24-hour turn-around, as I recall, due to TV commitments.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Jody Conradt sounded like Sue Gunter, who complained loudly how "unruly" it was playing in Ruston. That's only because it was....we were LOUD and naughty too! These "P5" schools want all the advantages of playing on their home courts with "friendly" referees. And then they'll spin their "elite" status saying, "see those mid-majors can't compete with us." ("mid-major" is a term they use).

I remember when TCU came to the TAC for the NCAA playoffs. I don't remember the year....fading memory, sorry. But I read their fan forum afterwards and the comments were like, "awesome atmosphere" "rowdy, noisy place" "crazy fans" and they loved the Hoop Troop, lots of compliments about it.

Others have shared those sentiments, from Virginia, to Clemson, to Miami, to Ohio State (whose coach, AD, and fans complained about the unfair home court advantage), to Penn State fans who complained about the inferior roads of Louisiana and that "hell hole of an arena, where no visiting team stands a chance."

I hope we get all of that back....
    Exactly!!!!!!! The TAC used to be the toughest place to play WBB in the country. And, don't even get me started on Old Memorial...... The clapping in unison and foot stomping until the other team scored. It was deafening on those wooden bleachers and we couldn't fit everyone in the place. Pat Summit described the experience in one of her books. We were the model for WBB and fan support.

Speaking of Texas....I'm sure most of you remember that heroic performance by the best player in Techster history, Spoon, and how she carried us to that semi-final win over the Lady Horns. Wow! I think she played all 40 minutes and never slowed down, on offense, on defense, making play after play. Has to be one of the best game performances of all time. Legendary stuff.

Unfortunately, we played Tennessee the next day in the national championship game, and Spoon was simply too exhausted to duplicate that feat. We had less than a 24-hour turn-around, as I recall, due to TV commitments.
    I remember it well. Spoon was a true competitor and one of the best PG's in the country (all time) before and after college.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I was there. In Austin, in 1987. I was standing right next to a very good friend of mine who is a UT-Austin grad....and a packed house of 15K mostly UT fans. My friend had no idea the Lady Techsters were so good. Like many Lady Longhorn fans in those early days, he wasn't really familiar with the "power structure" of women's college basketball. This was all new to him, at least until his Lady Horns went undefeated and won the 1986 NCAA National Championship the previous year. After that, he thought his #1 ranked Lady Horns were invincible, and would have no problem dispatching the Lady Techsters.

It was literally the best women's college basketball game I've ever seen. The Lady Techsters hit 58.3% of their field goals, the 4th best performance in NCAA Final Four history, and a blistering 73.9% in the second half, missing only six of the 23 shots taken in the second half. Texas tried to wear down Teresa Weatherspoon, but she set an NCAA Final Four record with eleven assists, while putting in 19 points of her own.

That game probably ranks in my overall Top 5 basketball games of all time, regardless of gender. Like many of you, I've watched a lot of men's basketball game's over the last 40 years, but only a handful of mens games even come close to the intensity of that one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987_N...all_Tournament

Yes, Tennessee won their 1st NCAA National Championship over LA Tech the following Sunday, when our Techsters failed to perform to our usual standards. I blame Leon Barmore for that loss. Leon did a horrible coaching job that day. I still remember many Lady Techster fans yelling at Leon to call a fricking timeout when Tennessee was making one of their big runs. But Leon sat on his hands and let them play on. He never moved. It was as if he had mentally checked out. Very soon the game was entirely out of reach. Tennessee won by 23 points, and it wasn't even THAT close. Clearly, this NCAA title game was the worst coaching performance of Leon's long and illustrious coaching career. I'm sure he would love to have this one back.
    Last edited by HogDawg; 05-20-2017 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I was there. In Austin, in 1987. I was standing right next to a very good friend of mine who is a UT-Austin grad....and a packed house of 15K mostly UT fans. My friend had no idea the Lady Techsters were so good. Like many Lady Longhorn fans in those early days, he wasn't really familiar with the "power structure" of women's college basketball. This was all new to him, at least until his Lady Horns went undefeated and won the 1986 NCAA National Championship the previous year. After that, he thought his Lasdy Horns were invincible, and would have no problem dispatching the Lady Techsters.

It was literally the best women's college basketball game I've ever seen. The Lady Techsters hit 58.3% of their field goals, the 4th best performance in NCAA Final Four history, and a blistering 73.9% in the second half, missing only six of the 23 shots taken in the second half. Texas tried to wear down Teresa Weatherspoon, but she set an NCAA Final Four record with eleven assists, while putting in 19 points of her own.

That game probably ranks in my overall Top 5 basketball games of all time, regardless of gender. Like many of you, I've watched a lot of men's basketball game's over the last 40 years, but only a handful of mens games even come close to the intensity of that one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987_N...all_Tournament

Yes, Tennessee won their 1st NCAA National Championship over LA Tech the following Sunday, when our Techsters failed to perform to our usual standards. I blame Leon Barmore for that loss. Leon did a horrible coaching job that day. I still remember many Lady Techster fans yelling at Leon to call a fricking timeout when Tennessee was making one of their big runs. But Leon sat on his butt and let them play on. It was as if he had mentally checked out. Very quickly the game was entirely out of reach.
    If I remember correctly (and I might have the wrong year on this), it seems like we had already beat Tennessee in the regular season that year. Anyway, that was our worst NC Title game performance ever.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    If I remember correctly (and I might have the wrong year on this), it seems like we had already beat Tennessee in the regular season that year. Anyway, that was our worst NC Title game performance ever.
    Yes, the Lady Techsters had beaten Tennessee by 9 points that February, and had beaten Tennessee in 11 of the last 12 meetings.

It wasn't just Barmore, the players were spent after that awesome win over Texas. Tennessee was pretty salty too (of course) and the Techsters simply left it all out on the court, physically and mentally, in beating Texas. If we hadn't dug ourselves that early hole, we might have recovered our legs and made a game of it. But, Pat Summit had that killer instinct and smelled blood in the water. She pressed us hard early and that was all she wrote.

+ Reply to Thread