+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Do We Get That Judge....

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: How Do We Get That Judge....

And now the 4th Circuit provided continuing legal education to Trump.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

"The evidence in the record, viewed from the standpoint of the reasonable observer, creates a compelling case that (the executive order's) primary purpose is religious," the ruling states. "Then-candidate Trump's campaign statements reveal that on numerous occasions, he expressed anti-Muslim sentiment, as well as his intent, if elected, to ban Muslims from the United States."

As I keep point out, but most of you refuse to accept, Trump's struggles are his own doing. His wounds are self inflicted. But that is to be expected with someone with a narcissistic personality disorder.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    As I keep point out, but most of you refuse to accept, Trump's struggles are his own doing.
    That seems like an easy enough think to agree on. I think the issue is that many of Trump's supporters are supporters because of the bombast and "telling it like it is". Sure, it's why he's having trouble, but it's also what many of his supporters love about him. I think that he got where he is because so many people have wanted to tell the media off for so long that they were glad to vote for a guy who would do it...regardless of whether or not it actually helped them accomplish their convictional goals.

It seems like a text-book example of cutting off one's nose to spite his face.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

You can either support the president or not. To those who don't, consider the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    You can either support the president or not. To those who don't, consider the alternative.
    I will support the constitution. This president needs to get his act together before he will win my support back.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

That's not true at all. You can support the president when he's supportable (according to one's personal conviction) and oppose him when he's not.

Tribalism is bad for our country...we're currently reaping the the seeds of tribalism that we've sewn in a bipartisan manner for years.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    That's not true at all.
    Horseshit. Yes or no in these times. Tribalism is what you and Guiss and the media are ascribing to, not Trump supporters.

Horseshit. Yes or no in these times. Tribalism is what you and Guiss and the media are ascribing to, not Trump supporters.
    It's always too urgent for you to act according to conscience for tribalists. Guisslap has been one of the most ardent defenders of small government, capitalism, and libertarianism on this board, but because he's opposed Trump, he's somehow labeled a liberal by otherwise thinking people.

Your guy won. If he can't get anything done, he can't curse the tribalism that will lead to his defeat because he rode it into the Whitehouse.

Let's see if he can govern...early returns are not encouraging.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    It's always too urgent for you to act according to conscience for tribalists. Guisslap has been one of the most ardent defenders of small government, capitalism, and libertarianism on this board, but because he's opposed Trump, he's somehow labeled a liberal by otherwise thinking people.

Your guy won. If he can't get anything done, he can't curse the tribalism that will lead to his defeat because he rode it into the Whitehouse.

Let's see if he can govern...early returns are not encouraging.
    You can't be for small government, libertarianism, capitalism, and be such an ardent anti-Trumper. That's not possible. Trump ran on "drain the swamp." And it's the very reason there is so much opposition to him, including by the RINOs. The big guvmint "elite" politicians never wanted Trump to win, and are working against him now.

Goose-step is a libtard....period.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    You can't be for small government, libertarianism, capitalism, and be such an ardent anti-Trumper. That's not possible. Trump ran on "drain the swamp." And it's the very reason there is so much opposition to him, including by the RINOs. The big guvmint "elite" politicians never wanted Trump to win, and are working against him now.

There are some policies I agree with, but everything I have seen from Trump leads me to conclude that he is unfit for the job.

Draining the swamp to fill it with city sewage is not something I can get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

That's tribalism revisted. I'll gladly be pro-Trump when he's supportable...like with Neil Gorsuch. Being wholesale team R or team D has gotten us into this mess and it damn sure won't get us out.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    There are some policies I agree with, but everything I have seen from Trump leads me to conclude that he is unfit for the job.

Draining the swamp to fill it with city sewage is not something I can get behind.
    Everything? Really? Often people use exaggerations to make a point, especially on Internet forums. I'll give you a chance to revise this statement to offer a more accurate assessment.

To be fair, I'll tell you what I see...

Trump is very confident in his own abilities. That is a trait of most (all???) successful people.

"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, in either case, you'll be right." --- Henry Ford

Now....do I think Trump is capable of being POTUS, and being successful? Yes, I do. Do I expect perfection? No. Not even Reagan had a perfect presidency. Trump is used to "being in charge" and that approach, to that extent, doesn't work in the public sector. But, it is also that attitude that separates him from most of those who have held the office, and especially from those recently, and the entire field who ran, across all the parties, in 2016.

Some people are afraid Trump will wreck the federal government. I hope he does! The department of education should be eliminated and even the buildings they occupy bulldozed down and grass planted on the lots. Others, like the EPA, should be virtually eliminated and some of that money returned to the states for their DEQs. ATF? Really? We need an agency to police LEGAL stuff? No, we don't. Shut it down. I could go on...

There is nothing "unfit" about Donald Trump to be POTUS. Not a damn thing! Anyone who tries to advance that stupid notion is grasping at straws in an attempt to damage his presidency. No, you don't have to agree with how he handles some things (his Tweets, for instance), and you don't have to agree with his policies. Hell! I don't! He just offered an effing $4.1 trillion budget. That's the largest budget ever, for any nation in the entire history of the world! That's total BS! The federal budget needs to be CUT! REAL cuts, as in reductions. Maybe the 2017-2018 (beginning Oct 1st) needs to be about $3.7 trillion, with further reductions to come in years ahead. Anyway....

What some are attributing to "unfitness" are mere personality traits. So? Who died and made you Police Chief of Personality???? I have some very close friends, who are accomplished in their professions, who have personality traits I find disagreeable and annoying. Doesn't lessen their value as people, nor does it render them incapable of performing their professional duties.

It is not the personality that is the problem - most politicians are narcissists. It is the DISORDER - the mental illness that Trump exhibits that causes him to behave impulsively and irrationally.

+ Reply to Thread