+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Goff Gone from Bama

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Re: Goff Gone from Bama

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    They were already after Ostrander, who I bet is glad he didn't follow Goff to Bama.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Puppy bWo is an unknown

This is what I heard about him at Tech...

It is a pattern and practice of very loudly denigrating, cursing at, and otherwise exploding towards teenagers, even when they succeed. Not one person on this team deserves the personal insults hurled at them from a profane supposed-adult. Embarrassingly for the University, and in what surely must be a first, he directed a profane tirade at SEC officials after a game sufficient to earn a suspension for the following game. In any competitive venture, tempers flare and harsh words are spoken. I know that. But when they are the corpus of your persona they reflect not just poorly upon yourself, but upon everyone associated with the program.
    What? Coaches get angry and curse? When did that start????

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

It is a pattern and practice of very loudly denigrating, cursing at, and otherwise exploding towards teenagers, even when they succeed. Not one person on this team deserves the personal insults hurled at them from a profane supposed-adult. Embarrassingly for the University, and in what surely must be a first, he directed a profane tirade at SEC officials after a game sufficient to earn a suspension for the following game. In any competitive venture, tempers flare and harsh words are spoken. I know that. But when they are the corpus of your persona they reflect not just poorly upon yourself, but upon everyone associated with the program.
    For a second I thought they were describing their head football coach.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

If Goff had improved their baseball record, they'd've overlooked him, too.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    If Goff had improved their baseball record, they'd've overlooked him, too.
    Yup

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Can we hire Goff back? 😣

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Goff is dead to me. He knew the situation at Alabama and the risks inherent with that program. With the pitching we lost after last season it's not a given he'd have done better than what Burroughs has. Bama had a disastrous season, we haven't.

Some folks may not want to think about it, but it's just as possible Burroughs got us better results than what Goff might have. Since Burroughs is here and Goff left, well, I'll give the nod to the guy who wanted to be here and not the guy who chose to leave.

Go Dawgs! Beat the Buzzards!

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

I'll take it a step further. If Simoneaux were coaching we wouldn't have even made the conference tournament this year.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Well said Tenacious Dawg. In some regards the players have to achieve/over achieve on their own and in too many instances some of them haven't.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    I'll take it a step further. If Simoneaux were coaching we wouldn't have even made the conference tournament this year.
    That's not the issue.

It's the same issue with EVERY SINGLE TECH SPORT (with the exception of softball, thank you ladies!)

It's not that the team is necessarily bad.

It's that the team is pretty good for the most part, and for some reason massively underacheives in late-season games where there's a lot on the line.

We could be undefeated in the regular season and go 0-2 in the tournament and I dare you to find a Tech fan that'd be honestly surprised.

When Simoneaux didn't make the tourney, we knew why - the team was bad, it's expected.

When Burroughs/Goff makes the tourney with 40-win teams (or thereabouts), you expect more. And you're disappointed.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    You sure went out on a limb with that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    You sure went out on a limb with that one!
    I'm all about BOLD statements others fear to make.

Varsity Bulldog dadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    That's not the issue.

It's the same issue with EVERY SINGLE TECH SPORT (with the exception of softball, thank you ladies!)

It's not that the team is necessarily bad.

It's that the team is pretty good for the most part, and for some reason massively underacheives in late-season games where there's a lot on the line.

We could be undefeated in the regular season and go 0-2 in the tournament and I dare you to find a Tech fan that'd be honestly surprised.

When Simoneaux didn't make the tourney, we knew why - the team was bad, it's expected.

When Burroughs/Goff makes the tourney with 40-win teams (or thereabouts), you expect more. And you're disappointed.
    And how many were drafted off of Simoneaux's team that did not make the conference tournament in Ruston?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dadawgula View Post
    And how many were drafted off of Simoneaux's team that did not make the conference tournament in Ruston?
    7, I think.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Obviously written by someone that never played high school or junior high sports in the 60's , 70's ,or 80's. We have become a society of soft people.

+ Reply to Thread