+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Goff Gone from Bama

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Goff Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    That's obvious. I would imagine they are going to end up paying him though.
    Yeah, it sounds like Goff should get his buyout money. He didn't break any rules. He just didn't know the Cartel changed the scholarship rules governing themselves a couple years ago and was immediately corrected before any action could be taken. That PR disaster plus a really bad season gave the new AD a reason to get rid of the Goff headache, win the fans over, and bring in his own guy. Money is not a factor for Bama.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

He tried to break the rules. Ignorance of the law...

Like I said earlier, that's no money to them anyway.

I thougth it was interesting that the press releases say they fired him because he was trying to do something wrong, but follow up by saying he didn't know.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Goff Gone from Bama

Charlie PotterVerified account @Charlie_Potter 6m6 minutes agoMore

Greg Byrne: "We are dismissing Coach Goff without cause, so the base salary we will be responsible for."

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

It's just another case of allowing too much money to decide your future. Other than his paychecks I imagine he's kicking himself in the ass for leaving Tech and all that could've been accomplished here.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Charlie PotterVerified account @Charlie_Potter 6m6 minutes agoMore

Greg Byrne: "We are dismissing Coach Goff without cause, so the base salary we will be responsible for."
    Wow! Then why the bogus excuses? Just fire him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    It's just another case of allowing too much money to decide your future. Other than his paychecks I imagine he's kicking himself in the ass for leaving Tech and all that could've been accomplished here.
    Do you really think so?

He's getting big bucks to fish now if he wants to.

Varsity Bulldog dadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I am not disagreeing with you but that base salary and all at once after firing, makes it easy to take the money.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

If Bama is paying him I bet ULM is ringing his phone.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    They were already after Ostrander, who I bet is glad he didn't follow Goff to Bama.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2017/5/2...goff-has-to-go

this is pretty rough. looks like that might have been the final nail.

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2017/5/2...goff-has-to-go

this is pretty rough. looks like that might have been the final nail.
    This is what I heard about him at Tech...

It is a pattern and practice of very loudly denigrating, cursing at, and otherwise exploding towards teenagers, even when they succeed. Not one person on this team deserves the personal insults hurled at them from a profane supposed-adult. Embarrassingly for the University, and in what surely must be a first, he directed a profane tirade at SEC officials after a game sufficient to earn a suspension for the following game. In any competitive venture, tempers flare and harsh words are spoken. I know that. But when they are the corpus of your persona they reflect not just poorly upon yourself, but upon everyone associated with the program.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

I hear the Juco in Monroe is looking for a sucker! Wouldn't that be ironic

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Virginia Tech fired their coach earlier this week. There's an opening there.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Goff, as far as my perception, was squeaky clean. Hard nose, strict, maybe ole school but nothing like the accusations against him at Bama. I'm not a Tech insider but did any of this occur at Tech. It would seem that if so some would have leaked. I wonder if the pressure to "turn the tide" was just too much for Goff.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    Goff, as far as my perception, was squeaky clean. Hard nose, strict, maybe ole school but nothing like the accusations against him at Bama. I'm not a Tech insider but did any of this occur at Tech. It would seem that if so some would have leaked. I wonder if the pressure to "turn the tide" was just too much for Goff.
    His foul language was a trademark in Ruston as well as Bama.

+ Reply to Thread