+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: 2017-18 Roster

  1. #1
    Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33,516

    2017-18 Roster

    I am liking the roster for next year! Any guesses on starting 5? My first guess is:
    Malone
    Cleaver
    Anthony
    Lang
    and Crone (if we want to go with a bigger starting 5 and she hits the ground running as a Freshman).

    The bench will be much deeper, so I expect a higher octane offense with a lot of subs!


    http://www.latechsports.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/latc-w-baskbl-mtt.html



  2. #2
    Varsity Bulldog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Bunkie
    Posts
    457

    Re: 2017-18 Roster

    Crone is coming off of surgery (in February I think. She has just recently starting working out again. So, she may be a little slow getting up to speed). Delgado will push everyone at point guard. I would not be surprised to see Delgado at point. Nikki McDonald will also push for a staring position.
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I am liking the roster for next year! Any guesses on starting 5? My first guess is:
    Malone
    Cleaver
    Anthony
    Lang
    and Crone (if we want to go with a bigger starting 5 and she hits the ground running as a Freshman).

    The bench will be much deeper, so I expect a higher octane offense with a lot of subs!


    http://www.latechsports.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/latc-w-baskbl-mtt.html



  3. #3
    Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33,516

    Re: 2017-18 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    Crone is coming off of surgery (in February I think. She has just recently starting working out again. So, she may be a little slow getting up to speed). Delgado will push everyone at point guard. I would not be surprised to see Delgado at point. Nikki McDonald will also push for a staring position.
    Didn't know that about Crone. My thinking was around having a guard/forward in the 3 spot would be nice. Great information ACSlatech, as always!

  4. #4
    Varsity Bulldog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Bunkie
    Posts
    457

    Re: 2017-18 Roster

    I agree about the 3 spot. We haven't really had that since the days of Aarica Ray Boyd. However, I think this roster will give Brooke a number of options at the 1, 2 and 3. If Cleaver works on her 15-18 foot jump shot over the summer, we could have a really nice season.
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Didn't know that about Crone. My thinking was around having a guard/forward in the 3 spot would be nice. Great information ACSlatech, as always!

  5. #5
    Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33,516

    Re: 2017-18 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    I agree about the 3 spot. We haven't really had that since the days of Aarica Ray Boyd. However, I think this roster will give Brooke a number of options at the 1, 2 and 3. If Cleaver works on her 15-18 foot jump shot over the summer, we could have a really nice season.
    Cleaver has great potential. She has show flashes of real talent. I have hoped she would emerge as a true star - maybe this year is the year!

  6. #6
    Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Jefferson, OR
    Posts
    2,981

    Re: 2017-18 Roster

    I think McLoud may be a starter. She's a pretty tough shooter and defender.

  7. #7
    Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33,516

    Re: 2017-18 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    I think McLoud may be a starter. She's a pretty tough shooter and defender.
    True. She is another one that is developing into a nice player. I think of her as our 3 point specialist, but her defense was worth noting last year.

  8. #8
    Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,772

    Re: 2017-18 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    True. She is another one that is developing into a nice player. I think of her as our 3 point specialist, but her defense was worth noting last year.
    I am hoping that Anna will eventually mold into an Angela Lawson type player, she gained lots of confidence during the season. The beginning of the season she looked like she might cry if a defender applied pressure to her but by the end of the year she found her lane and was being productive on both ends of the floor, she has to get more aggressive on defense but by the end of the year she was rebounding much better.

    I really think that she has the ability to grow each and every season and really do some great things for us!!!!!

  9. #9
    Varsity Bulldog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Bunkie
    Posts
    457

    Re: 2017-18 Roster

    I agree that Anna really improved last year. In fact, it was nice to see a Lady Techster team develop and improve over the course of a season again. I haven't seen that kind of growth since the Barmore days.
    Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    I am hoping that Anna will eventually mold into an Angela Lawson type player, she gained lots of confidence during the season. The beginning of the season she looked like she might cry if a defender applied pressure to her but by the end of the year she found her lane and was being productive on both ends of the floor, she has to get more aggressive on defense but by the end of the year she was rebounding much better.

    I really think that she has the ability to grow each and every season and really do some great things for us!!!!!

  10. #10
    Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33,516

    Re: 2017-18 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    I agree that Anna really improved last year. In fact, it was nice to see a Lady Techster team develop and improve over the course of a season again. I haven't seen that kind of growth since the Barmore days.
    I have a feeling we will continue to see that carry over to this year finally! ;-)

  11. #11
    Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Jefferson, OR
    Posts
    2,981

    Re: 2017-18 Roster

    I was looking over the roster for next year and some of the new JC transfers could really make an impact. Season can't get here fast enough. Only one Senior is good news. The bad news is it's Malone.

  12. #12
    Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33,516

    Re: 2017-18 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    I was looking over the roster for next year and some of the new JC transfers could really make an impact. Season can't get here fast enough. Only one Senior is good news. The bad news is it's Malone.
    True! We need someone to step in her shoes and I can bet Brooke is trying to find the a great post player to step in for the next year. Malone could be a monster this year! I want to see some Pam Kelly come out in her this year.

  13. #13
    Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute Russdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Haughton
    Posts
    2,730

    Re: 2017-18 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    I am hoping that Anna will eventually mold into an Angela Lawson type player, she gained lots of confidence during the season. The beginning of the season she looked like she might cry if a defender applied pressure to her but by the end of the year she found her lane and was being productive on both ends of the floor, she has to get more aggressive on defense but by the end of the year she was rebounding much better.

    I really think that she has the ability to grow each and every season and really do some great things for us!!!!!
    Anna played very "intelligent" basketball I thought. Just seemed to be in the right place, had whole court awareness, could anticipate, was a fun player to watch.
    * LTAC Champion
    * Football, MBB, WBB season tickets

  14. #14
    Champ BlindDog is a splendid one to beholdBlindDog is a splendid one to beholdBlindDog is a splendid one to beholdBlindDog is a splendid one to beholdBlindDog is a splendid one to beholdBlindDog is a splendid one to beholdBlindDog is a splendid one to beholdBlindDog is a splendid one to beholdBlindDog is a splendid one to beholdBlindDog is a splendid one to beholdBlindDog is a splendid one to behold
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale, Fla.(Wilton Manor)
    Posts
    3,896

    Re: 2017-18 Roster

    Guessing what Brook will do is difficult!
    But, from what I know of the existing players:
    GG totally up in the air! Lang would have to show significant improvement to maintain the position.
    SG: Anthoney, a real competitor, but needs to control the ball!
    SF/SG:McLoud, Works hard and could win her the position!
    Fwd: Cleaver, Like others think she is still going to be incredible, or hope it any way!
    Fwd: Malone, She's tuff and really come on later in the season last year, expect an incredible year from her!

    Brook gave her recrutes a lot of playing time last year and could have the inside track on any position!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts