+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 Roster

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Re: 2017-18 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    Does anyone know the status for Macaela Crone? She last played on November 30th against Texas, but has not been on the bench the last couple of games and is no longer listed on the roster on the Lady Techsters' webpage.

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/w...askbl-mtt.html
    I see where Macaela will be playing for the University of Regina in the Fall. Seemed like a good kid, don't know why she left Tech, but wish her well in her new endeavor. https://twitter.com/cronemac/status/963121356219981824

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Do we have any post players coming in next year. Our guards are looking pretty good right now. We have some good forwards (I think of Sweets as a forward), but replacing Malone is going to be tough.

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Signees D.Alexander and B. Harris both play the forward position (although undersized). Harris will get minutes at the 4 next year. Very talented player. I know that the coaches are looking at a couple of JUCO forwards for the late signing period. Hopefully, we land one to add depth. Additionally, Cleaver will need to become a consistent inside threat next year. We will be fine on the perimeter. I am looking forward to seeing how Amber Dixon improves over the summer. Kierra Lang will need to work on her offensive game for next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Do we have any post players coming in next year. Our guards are looking pretty good right now. We have some good forwards (I think of Sweets as a forward), but replacing Malone is going to be tough.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    Signees D.Alexander and B. Harris both play the forward position (although undersized). Harris will get minutes at the 4 next year. Very talented player. I know that the coaches are looking at a couple of JUCO forwards for the late signing period. Hopefully, we land one to add depth. Additionally, Cleaver will need to become a consistent inside threat next year. We will be fine on the perimeter. I am looking forward to seeing how Amber Dixon improves over the summer. Kierra Lang will need to work on her offensive game for next year.
    AC- I know Alexander gal is from Arcadia, but remind me about the B.Harris gal?

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Jermecya Brianna Harris. 6’0 PF from Alabama. She reminds you of a young Amanda Wilson when you watch her play ..
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    AC- I know Alexander gal is from Arcadia, but remind me about the B.Harris gal?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Jermecya Brianna Harris. 6’0 PF from Alabama. She reminds you of a young Amanda Wilson when you watch her play ..
    Reminds you of Amanda Wilson? Let's hope she's as good...or even 75% as good.

Amanda Wilson is one of the best Techsters all time. She's on my 10-player all-star Techster roster.

She has a similar aggressive rebounding style as Amanda. I agree, we will all be very happy if she develops into 75% of the player that Amanda was.
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Reminds you of Amanda Wilson? Let's hope she's as good...or even 75% as good.

Amanda Wilson is one of the best Techsters all time. She's on my 10-player all-star Techster roster.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the information. I do remember reading about her, but I forget day to day these days. LOL

Sure wish we could get in a true big post, though. Would love to see a 6'4" Center that is big, but athletic, to go along with our guards and forwards. Been a long time since we have had one of those.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Thanks for the reminder on Harris! We definatly need a big time rebounder...
    Brook and co. should be in touch with La.Select, he's still a ref for the NW La. Girls HS games and knows talent!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Arcadia kid struggled today as they got ousted in the semis by Delhi
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Arcadia kid struggled today as they got ousted in the semis by Delhi
    I am just waiting on a big to replace Malone. I think Sweets will do a good job, along with Whitney, but we could sure use a banger inside. SO glad Staley and Anthony are returning next year too!

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

I don't know why Anna McLeod decided to transfer, but she gone. I always enjoyed watching her play, but it seems many college athletes have "transfer fever". I wish her well with her new team. https://twitter.com/AnnaMcLeodd/stat...37476518891521

Maria Delgado is also transferring to Angelo State, a division II school. This opens up another roster spot for a post player.

Maria Delgado is also transferring to Angelo State, a division II school. This opens up another roster spot for a post player.
    I'm sure Maria didn't get to play as much as she would have liked, but I always enjoyed watching her play when she was inserted into a game. Even if a coach had a team of superstars and every player got exactly the same amount of playing time, over half the team would be sitting on the bench at any given time since the rules only allow 5 players per team to be on the floor at a time. Maybe I don't understand "how it is", but the idea of using sports as a way of getting a free college education doesn't seem to hold much appeal anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    I'm sure Maria didn't get to play as much as she would have liked, but I always enjoyed watching her play when she was inserted into a game. Even if a coach had a team of superstars and every player got exactly the same amount of playing time, over half the team would be sitting on the bench at any given time since the rules only allow 5 players per team to be on the floor at a time. Maybe I don't understand "how it is", but the idea of using sports as a way of getting a free college education doesn't seem to hold much appeal anymore.
    This one doesn't surprise me as much as Anna. Maria wasn't going to get much play time.

+ Reply to Thread