+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 Roster

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: 2017-18 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    I don't know why Anna McLeod decided to transfer, but she gone. I always enjoyed watching her play, but it seems many college athletes have "transfer fever". I wish her well with her new team. https://twitter.com/AnnaMcLeodd/stat...37476518891521

Abilene Christian is more her speed. We had (have) a roster full of players who have no business being in a Lady Techster uniform. It's not that they aren't "good" basketball players or any of that. It's that "good" ain't good enough for Tech. Not if we want (expect) the program to regain some of its former glory.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

We definitely are in great need of talent! We need about 5-6 that compete on the level that Malone did whether front or back court. Our talent level has been very average compared to good programs. It shows when we play good teams and the game is essentially over by the end of the 1st quarter. Huge talent gap.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

When is the late signing period?

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

It started April 11th and ends May 16th.
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    When is the late signing period?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    It started April 11th and ends May 16th.
    I meant ending date.... Thanks!!!!!!

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

I keep checking here to find out what BIG player Brook and Co. have signed for next year!

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    I keep checking here to find out what BIG player Brook and Co. have signed for next year!
    I keep hoping...........

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I keep hoping...........
    7 days to the end of the Spring signing period!

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Remember the signing could occur on May 16th and the announcement could come in September. NO rules that state coaches have to announce signing immediately. Just making that statement to say no need to panic if we don't get an announcement on May 16th. Also, remember that new NCAA guidelines have instituted a No-Contact period for May 7-13. No official visits, no unofficial visits, no calls, no tweets, no emails, no camp information. No contact of any sort during this period. Recruits can not call or direct message coaches either.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    7 days to the end of the Spring signing period!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Remember the signing could occur on May 16th and the announcement could come in September. NO rules that state coaches have to announce signing immediately. Just making that statement to say no need to panic if we don't get an announcement on May 16th.
    What would the advantage of that be to anyone?

What advantage would announcing right away serve? I was making the point, that coaches have their own time table. They don't have to announce right away. Someone may have already signed and they announcement has not been made at the request of the recruit, family, etc. It could be that the coaches are working on more than one recruit and want to make 1 announcement. Fans need to have a little patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    What would the advantage of that be to anyone?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

What advantage would announcing right away serve? I was making the point, that coaches have their own time table. They don't have to announce right away. Someone may have already signed and they announcement has not been made at the request of the recruit, family, etc. It could be that the coaches are working on more than one recruit and want to make 1 announcement. Fans need to have a little patience.
    I can't believe you would ask something so silly. You announce the new signees ASAP to 1) get your fan base excited, including those who will hopefully give to the program and buy season tickets, 2) hopefully recruit other good players who catch the fever (who may want to join your program after seeing you sign good recruits), 3) keep the other colleges away, 4) receive much improved media attention.

College basketball is all about excitement. Excitement is contagious. And this Lady Techster program needs a serious injection of excitement. Sorry, but I see no advantages of signing a top recruit in May, and sitting on the announcement until September.

I was pointing out that coaches do not have to announce right away. I was not suggesting that we should sit on an announcement until September. It has occurred in other programs. I agree that announcing recruits can inject excitement; however, most of the "fans" on this board complain about the recruits that are announced. The coaching staff is aware that they need to inject talent. There are certainly not signing players to have people on the bench. Brooke likes to run the Princeton offense. She has not been able to do so since coming here due to personnel. If fans really want to know about recruiting, then I suggest following the various AAU programs and AAU coaches on twitter. They always tweet when a recruit has had a home or official visit with a particular school. For example, our most recent recruit Kieunna Walker came to Tech on a visit in December of last year. Pictures of the visit were tweeted out by her high school coach and AAU coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I can't believe you would ask something so silly. You announce the new signees ASAP to 1) get your fan base excited, including those who will hopefully give to the program and buy season tickets, 2) hopefully recruit other good players who catch the fever (who may want to join your program after seeing you sign good recruits), 3) keep the other colleges away, 4) receive much improved media attention.

College basketball is all about excitement. Excitement is contagious. And this Lady Techster program needs a serious injection of excitement. Sorry, but I see no advantages of signing a top recruit in May, and sitting on the announcement until September.

Personally, I don't care when they are announced - as long as they are announced and we are building a talented team!

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Grayson Bright, transfer from Texas Tech

https://twitter.com/G_Bright2/status/996530178779242497

https://texastech.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3902

+ Reply to Thread