+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stoops Retires

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Stoops Retires

Just saw Bob Stoops retired. Replacement is Lincoln Riley.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Stoops Retires

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Just saw Bob Stoops retired. Replacement is Lincoln Riley.

Saw that last night while watching the NBA finals. I can't believe it's been so long. He's a smart man. Retiring at 56, presumably in good health, with who knows how much in the bank. The world is his oyster.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Saw that last night while watching the NBA finals. I can't believe it's been so long. He's a smart man. Retiring at 56, presumably in good health, with who knows how much in the bank. The world is his oyster.
    Hmmm, I never thought of that, I just assumed he and/or the program felt he could do no more. If what you say is correct, then good for him

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

His dad died on the sidelines of a heart-attack in his 50's

That influenced his decision also
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    His dad died on the sidelines of a heart-attack in his 50's

That influenced his decision also
    I think it's great. You can't take money with you, and surely he has "enough".

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    Hmmm, I never thought of that, I just assumed he and/or the program felt he could do no more. If what you say is correct, then good for him
    Well, I don't know for a fact that he is totally retiring, and I, to a degree, have the same impression as you that both he and the university feel that the program has become stagnant, so it was time for a change. He's left with the program still in decent condition, I assume, and no conflagration of scandals or trustee insurrections burning the news feeds, so it seems like he's making a decision based on his experiences as Dwayne pointed out. Of course, I'm no OK devotee, so if something is on the horizon that will shed more light on this decision is to come out, I certainly don't know. However, at face value, to me, it seems to be a smart move and one I wish I could have been in the position to make.

Does he have grandkids? Maybe he sees this move as a way to spend more time with grandkids to sort of make up for any lost time with his own kids; a chance to miss all the "firsts" he didn't get in his limited time as a college coach.

+ Reply to Thread