+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Athlon C-USA Previews

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Athlon C-USA Previews

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Well, I really thought that was a joke..... Maybe we should one up them and call ourselves a P7. I can see getting into a numbers war.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Conference USA Football 2017 Predictions
    https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...17-predictions

Conference USA Football 2017 All-Conference Team
    https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...onference-team

Ranking Conference USA's College Football Coaches for 2017
    https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...l-coaches-2017
    I agree with their predictions on the West champ! I saw someone had UTSA winning the west and I was scratching my head, they've played us close, but only one win (Holtz first year). Plus we have them at home at the end of the season.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    I agree with their predictions on the West champ! I saw someone had UTSA winning the west and I was scratching my head, they've played us close, but only one win (Holtz first year). Plus we have them at home at the end of the season.
    That prediction was from the USM media. USM's Gannett beat writer Munzly is a USM super fan who hates Tech. Consider the source. USM media never gives Tech any respect and likes to troll our fans.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

That prediction was from the USM media. USM's Gannett beat writer Munzly is a USM super fan who hates Tech. Consider the source. USM media never gives Tech any respect and likes to troll our fans.
    Imagine having a beat writer that actually liked your team. Guess thats not who we are.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Imagine having a beat writer that actually liked your team. Guess thats not who we are.
    I'd rather have one that wasn't a fan, but is just interested with the team. I read articles by those that are obviously fans of the team they cover, and I find the clear favoritism in their writing annoying.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Excuse me, but what is a "thug on twitter". Of course I know what twitter is, but a thug sounds like something you would want to avoid -- like all those thugs down at ULL.
    Sorry, "things"

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I'd rather have one that wasn't a fan, but is just interested with the team. I read articles by those that are obviously fans of the team they cover, and I find the clear favoritism in their writing annoying.
    True. ODU and USM beat writers are big fans so you don't get balanced reporting, and it's very annoying. Unbiased beats are better. The problem with our last beat writer is he looked down to Tech as he was a big LSU fan, and he often unnecessarily added negative slants and belittled our accomplishments and history. Then he and his boss got their feelings hurt and then chose to treat Tech as if we were an equal to Grambling.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

True. ODU and USM beat writers are big fans so you don't get balanced reporting, and it's very annoying. Unbiased beats are better. The problem with our last beat writer is he looked down to Tech as he was a big LSU fan, and he often unnecessarily added negative slants and belittled our accomplishments and history. Then he and his boss got their feelings hurt and then chose to treat Tech as if we were an equal to Grambling.
    And THAT is the point to be made. Unbiased reporting is best. Very little of that left anywhere, much less in sports. We don't need a Tech fan, but we certainly don't need a lsu one.

+ Reply to Thread