+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rep. Steve Scalise (R) Louisiana shot

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Rep. Steve Scalise (R) Louisiana shot

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Hey Salty, here is a very good article from what is likely one of your favorite publications - The Guardian. I hope you read it.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ssociation-nra
    Looks like an interesting series. I will check that out.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    You might not blame the easy availability of pistols and assault rifles on the insane level of gun violence in the USA, BUT I DO.

Clearly, the shooter in this case was deranged. People who do these kind of things are not thinking clearly. And you are absolutely wrong by saying that the typical libtard is violent. Just more of your incorrect worldview.

I don't support abortion, asshole.

I have gay/lesbian friends and no Muslim terrorist friends. Certainly don't support letting gay-murdering Muslim terrorists into the country.

Sorry to hear about your 2 children.
    You state that the shooter was deranged, but you blame inanimate objects for the violence. I own guns...including so-called "assault rifles." Not once has one of them broken out of the gun locker and gone off and killed people. I've had those, and handguns, for decades. Literally decades! They are no more dangerous than other objects, that in the hands of deranged idiots, could be used to kill.

Laws? the guy who killed my daughter in "the accident" was in his 14th hour of driving, in violation of DOT rules/regulations. Obviously, the phuckhead who shot my son violated all kinds of laws! Both of them CHOSE to break laws. And more laws won't stop criminals. Drugs are against the law. You can't go to Cocaine Show and buy the drug. No where is that, and other drugs, legal. Yet! our country is full of drugs. 60,000+ Americans die from illegal drugs annually. And, the NIDA states that 570,000 people die from legal drugs, either by accident or deliberate abuse. Gun deaths are about 30,000 annually. How many of those gang-related? A big % I'd guess.

But, while I do blame the individual perpetrators, it is very clear the left has embarked on a hate-filled campaign against Trump and Republicans/conservatives by extension. "Be part of the resistance." Obummer said, "If they bring a knife, you bring a gun." A democrap congressman, name escapes me, stated just a few months ago, "fight 'em in the streets." I think he even used "blood in the streets." This clown from Illinois, while obviously off his rocker for some time, was pushed to the edge by all that "violence is the answer" rhetoric.

This is why we are seeing all this "Ooops!" on the lamestream media today. That's right, I've been watching CNN and MSNBC all afternoon. They KNOW they are partially responsible for this idiot's actions today, and other violence that has taken place. Now, they are calling for more civility in the media? Great, you start.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

The fact that you don't see the connection is your problem.

And...late term abortion is killing children with a knife.
    What State(s) allows late term abortion?

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Nope. just another bat-crazy Viet-Nam veteran who is sick and tired of all the politically correct nonsense. I have no sympathy for those people who support and promote the insane American love affair with firearms, especially those with no logical civilian purpose, who become victims of gun violence.
    Such BS!

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Such BS!
    Need to drain the swamp too.

The fact that you don't see the connection is your problem.

And...late term abortion is killing children with a knife.
    Over 33,000 Americans killed every year by guns. Number of late term abortions in double digits.

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I think this is the trap most people fall into. We can both agree that America has a gun violence problem and disagree on how it should be handled. It doesn't have to be either or.

(I was joking about not letting liberals buy guns by the way if that wasn't clear.)
    I missed your joke!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Liberals get touchy when they have to take up the tired old gun control mantra.

The guy was not following the existing gun laws. Why? Because he was a nut job killer. There will always be nut job killers. They will always find a way to get the guns of their choice.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Over 33,000 Americans killed every year by guns. Number of late term abortions in double digits.
    Curious, how many are suicides where the individual would have found another method (overdose, hanging, etc.) rendering the gun meaningless?

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    Curious, how many are suicides where the individual would have found another method (overdose, hanging, etc.) rendering the gun meaningless?
    According to the DOJ, 60% of all firearm deaths are by suicide. Homicide numbers are actually around 11,000. Gun control advocates use the higher number for effect. Also, 81% of those 11,000 are gang related. So, that means that outside of gang violence, there are around 2,200 gun related, non-gang related, deaths annually...out of over 300 million people and 250 million guns.
    Last edited by RhythmDawg; 06-15-2017 at 08:36 AM.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Depends on your definition of "late". Allow me to restate my point...

Abortion is killing children with a knife.

The most recent stats from the CDC are from 2013. Total: 664,435

From the CDC: "Currently, federal law makes it legal to abort babies into the ninth month of pregnancy. While some states have restrictions on abortion, all states permit abortion into the ninth month for certain exceptions— and eight states allow abortion until birth for any reason (Colorado, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington State).

Again, from the CDC, "with nearly one million abortions annually in the US, roughly 13,000 children every year are killed in very late-term procedures."

My source is the CDC. What is your source for your "double digits" figure?

Hey Salty, if it helps you understand...I can show you the procedure. Then you can tell me if you think abortion is killing babies with a knife.

Depends on your definition of "late". Allow me to restate my point...

Abortion is killing children with a knife.

The most recent stats from the CDC are from 2013. Total: 664,435

From the CDC: "Currently, federal law makes it legal to abort babies into the ninth month of pregnancy. While some states have restrictions on abortion, all states permit abortion into the ninth month for certain exceptions— and eight states allow abortion until birth for any reason (Colorado, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington State).

Again, from the CDC, "with nearly one million abortions annually in the US, roughly 13,000 children every year are killed in very late-term procedures."

My source is the CDC. What is your source for your "double digits" figure?

Hey Salty, if it helps you understand...I can show you the procedure. Then you can tell me if you think abortion is killing babies with a knife.
    RD, it looks like you got your numbers from 3rd party internet quotes. These are the numbers from the CDC:

In 2013, 664,435 legal induced abortions were reported to CDC from 49 reporting areas. The abortion rate for 2013 was 12.5 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 years, and the abortion ratio was 200 abortions per 1,000 live births.
    Compared with 2012, the total number, rate, and ratio of reported abortions for 2013 decreased 5%. Additionally, from 2004–2013, the number, rate, and ratio of reported abortions decreased 20%, 21%, and 17%, respectively. In 2013, all three measures reached their lowest level for the entire period of analysis (2004-2013).
    Women in their twenties accounted for the majority of abortions in 2013 and throughout the period of analysis. The majority of abortions in 2013 took place early in gestation: 91.6% of abortions were performed at ≤13 weeks’ gestation; a smaller number of abortions (7.1%) were performed at 14–20 weeks’ gestation, and even fewer (1.3%) were performed at ≥21 weeks’ gestation. In 2013, 22.2% of all abortions were early medical abortions. The percentage of abortions reported as early medical abortions increased 5% from 2012 to 2013. Source: MMWR.2016;65(12);1–44.

T
    hat 13000 number is totally bogus. I got my double digit number from 3rd party internet source but it looks closer to the real number since there were between 8k and 9k abortions greater than or equal at 21 weeks gestation.

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    Hard to know for sure since other methods are sometimes less effective than using a gun. Firearms are usually 100% effective. Also. I tend to think that the wide available of guns makes it easier to act out suicide ideation.

+ Reply to Thread