+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go Bearkats!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Go Bearkats!

After 1st inning at Tally: SHSU 3 FSU 0

Very early in game 1, so who knows? But, it would be awesome for SHSU to reach Omaha.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Go Bearkats!

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    After 1st inning at Tally: SHSU 3 FSU 0

Very early in game 1, so who knows? But, it would be awesome for SHSU to reach Omaha.
    Dawg80 is #SouthlandStrong!

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Rooting for them and Missouri State! We also have an all Big West super between crosstown rivals Long Beach and Fullerton so hoping to see several non-P5ers in Omaha.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Dawg80 is #SouthlandStrong!
    Nope. Just honest about the reality. You, and some others, continually place Tech on a pedestal and holler from the mountain top "separation!" Yet, the reality is we are much inferior in some of our programs....baseball certainly being one of those...and you make a total ass out of yourself by impuning other schools and other conferences who simply go about BEING MORE SUCCESSFUL than us. It's the Southland's SHSU who is playing in a Super Regional, and it the Southland's SLU that earned an at-large bid while Tech did what....? Hmmmm?

Wish it weren't so. I wish you elitists were right and Tech has achieved separation from all SLC and Sun Belch schools in athletics. We have, for the most part, in football. But, that's it. We are better than most SLC/Belch schools in MBB, but there is no clear "separation." In baseball....hah! Sorry to bust your delusional bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg28 View Post
    Rooting for them and Missouri State! We also have an all Big West super between crosstown rivals Long Beach and Fullerton so hoping to see several non-P5ers in Omaha.
    Rooting for all the underdogs! Isn't Yale still alive?

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Rooting for all the underdogs! Isn't Yale still alive?
    No. They were eliminated by the 54-4 Oregon State Beavers! As was Vandy. See ya in Omaha!

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    No. They were eliminated by the 54-4 Oregon State Beavers! As was Vandy. See ya in Omaha!
    Nice

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Nope. Just honest about the reality. You, and some others, continually place Tech on a pedestal and holler from the mountain top "separation!" Yet, the reality is we are much inferior in some of our programs....baseball certainly being one of those...and you make a total ass out of yourself by impuning other schools and other conferences who simply go about BEING MORE SUCCESSFUL than us. It's the Southland's SHSU who is playing in a Super Regional, and it the Southland's SLU that earned an at-large bid while Tech did what....? Hmmmm?

Wish it weren't so. I wish you elitists were right and Tech has achieved separation from all SLC and Sun Belch schools in athletics. We have, for the most part, in football. But, that's it. We are better than most SLC/Belch schools in MBB, but there is no clear "separation." In baseball....hah! Sorry to bust your delusional bubble.

You'll never see me root for a Southland school... unless they are playing a Belcher.

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg28 View Post
    Why?? That makes no sense. Several non-P5ers are our enemies, like the AAC, Belch, and Southland. We are much more likely to recruit against Sammy State than FSU.

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Why?? That makes no sense. Several non-P5ers are our enemies, like the AAC, Belch, and Southland. We are much more likely to recruit against Sammy State than FSU.
    I almost always cheer against the P5. Anything to chip away at the idea of the rest of us being irrelevant. The more often non-P5 teams win, the easier it is to make our achievements matter to the outside world.

DiamondDoc98

Did ya'll see the Coach's presser after the game?? Very impressive.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

If the Beavers win out, they will set a new NCAA record for wins I believe. I am a Bulldog, first and foremost. But the Beavers have a he'll of a team. .

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

When I first read this I thought you were joking. Just good-natured banter with Dawg06. But now I realize you were actually serious about this.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

My thinking on rooting for other teams is simple. How does it affect Tech? If one team winning would somehow benefit Tech, then I am for them. Otherwise I root for the underdog. In this case, I would tend to root for SHSU. But if someone convinces me it is better for Tech that FSU wins, then I am for FSU.
    Go Tech!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg View Post
    My thinking on rooting for other teams is simple. How does it affect Tech? If one team winning would somehow benefit Tech, then I am for them. Otherwise I root for the underdog. In this case, I would tend to root for SHSU. But if someone convinces me it is better for Tech that FSU wins, then I am for FSU.
    Sound reasoning.

Some here will ALWAYS hope that lsu loses. I do with the exception of rooting for them to win against any Louisiana Team not named LaTech. Any other state team beating lsu gives them a leg up in state perception. We all know there are some really ignorant "perceivers" in this state.

+ Reply to Thread