+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tech Announces HOF Class

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tech Announces HOF Class

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    IMO, this is LA Tech's best "HOF class" to date. Of course there are some deserving people that were left off this list, but they'll surely make it in the future.

I'm really glad to see Denny Duron finally get in. IMO, Denny Duron is the most under-rated player in LA Tech history. We hear a lot of noise about Terry Bradshaw (and rightfully so) and other former Tech QB's, but we seldom hear much about Duron's feats. But the fact is, Duron accomplished much more at LA Tech than Bradshaw did. Duron led our 1973 Bulldog team to a 12-0 record, and the 1973 team to a 12-1 record. Both teams won NC's.

Back in 2013, both Duron (1972 & 73) and his predecessor Ken Lantrip (1970 & 71) were named as QB's to the Southland Conferences' All-Decade team. That team included 19 Tech athletes from the 1970's.

Cool info HD, did you mean for the first of those "1973" dates to be a "1972"?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    Cool info HD, did you mean for the first of those "1973" dates to be a "1972"?
    Yes I did. Sorry about that. Duron was our All-world QB in 1972 & 1973.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I have heard back from Coach Andy Russo. I opened communication with him some months ago hoping to get him nominated to the Tech Hall of Fame. It'll have to wait til next year now.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Those early 70s football teams were dominant. We had a lot of those players go on to the pros.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Maybe 2019 -

My next project on the basketball side is Randy White -

Still baffles me that PJ got in before Randy
    amen! how does #1 draft pick of Dallas Mavericks and #8 overall not make it already??

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    IMO, this is LA Tech's best "HOF class" to date. Of course there are some deserving people that were left off this list, but they'll surely make it in the future.

I'm really glad to see Denny Duron finally get in. IMO, Denny Duron is the most under-rated player in LA Tech history. We hear a lot of noise about Terry Bradshaw (and rightfully so) and other former Tech QB's, but we seldom hear much about Duron's feats. But the fact is, Duron accomplished much more at LA Tech than Bradshaw did. Duron led our 1973 Bulldog team to a 12-0 record, and the 1973 team to a 12-1 record. Both teams won NC's.

Back in 2013, both Duron (1972 & 73) and his predecessor Ken Lantrip (1970 & 71) were named as QB's to the Southland Conferences' All-Decade team. That team included 19 Tech athletes from the 1970's.

this is nuts--Duron not in hall of fame?? a case can be made that until recently he was best college qb we ever had. His qb rating was 123 and 128. 24-1 and FIRST national championship . We had incredible talent on those teams but he was the offensive leader. Leave me alone on TB-- yeah-he was greatest quarterback ever in history of Tech but it took years to develop-- 6 picks in 1 game ( s miss ) and more picks than tds at Tech . Denny had about 30 less picks than TDs. Terry of course was awesome , I'm just saying than DD was college ready from day 1 . I respect anyones opinion who disagree on this -

I made what I consider a mistake about TB -- he was 39 TDs and 42 INTs over 4 yrs. 3 picks and no tds his freshman year ( negative passing average) BUT he was freshman replacing Robertson so throw that out. Terry as a Steeler threw 212 tds and 210 picks. Lifetime regular season quarterback rating of 70.9 and Steelers were 132-68

BUT he was 4-0 in Superbowl 9-3 td/int and Superbowl qb rating of about 112. Man could handle the pressure. He is my favorite QB of all time ( Brees close second) -- just wanted to make my case about Denny

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    I respect anyones opinion who disagree on this -
    Are you new here?

Anyone who disagrees is a gay fake-news ulm warhock libtard! (and probably with the terrorists.)

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Are you new here?

Anyone who disagrees is a gay fake-news ulm warhock libtard! (and probably with the terrorists.)
    I think you left out Coke Icee/Johnny's Pizza hating, AD loving, purple-and-piss superfan.

BTW, Johnny Huntsman, founder of JP, passed away (probably posted elsewhere on latechbbb).

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Are you new here?

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    I think you left out Coke Icee/Johnny's Pizza hating, AD loving, purple-and-piss superfan.

BTW, Johnny Huntsman, founder of JP, passed away (probably posted elsewhere on latechbbb).
    Media Employed/loving/believing maybe should be employed

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    The angels and St. Peter are all enjoying 14 in party pizzas with pepperoni and mushrooms....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    The angels and St. Peter are all enjoying 14 in party pizzas with pepperoni and mushrooms....
    Sweep WITH anchovies!

From Greg Hilburn:

‪Johnny's Pizza founder dies

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/new...ies/435436001/

Ken Booth:
    I am deeply saddened to note the passing today of hometown local legend who became a cultural icon far beyond the bounds of Monroe-West Monroe…Johnny Huntsman. Starting with a single pizza store (a sign outside proclaimed the place to be “the only link in the world’s smallest pizza chain”) across the street from what is now the North Louisiana University, Johnny eventually swept a wide swath across much of the south with Johnny’s Pizza stores, perhaps best known for its famous ‘Sweep The Kitchen’ specialties. Rest now, Johnny. Those of us who knew you and shared many a good time with you will miss you mightily.
    Louisiana Tech University

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

I really do not understand our HOF. Pat Tilley and Denny Duron just now being accepted? Randy White isn't in it? It's just weird the choices that get made.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    I really do not understand our HOF. Pat Tilley and Denny Duron just now being accepted? Randy White isn't in it? It's just weird the choices that get made.
    Tilley was tapped when he was coaching at Tech. HOWEVER, he declined when he said others deserving the honor should go in ahead of him.

Duron and White? Yeah, no excuse for the previous administration ignoring them.
    Louisiana Tech University

+ Reply to Thread