+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Football. Single Game Tickets on Sale for @LATechFB - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Football. Single Game Tickets on Sale for @LATechFB - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Although season tickets are still available, Louisiana Tech began selling single game tickets Tuesday for the program-record seven home Bulldog football games at Joe Aillet Stadium.

More...

Discuss it here.

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Re: Football. Single Game Tickets on Sale for @LATechFB - latechsports.com

Seven home games is not TECHnically a program record. For the Joe, yes. But before the Joe was built we had 7+ at least twice.

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar

For the Mississippi State game, I see that prices are $25-40 instead of the all-$40 tickets for the previous Mississippi State home game.

However, I am surprised to see Tech sell general admission tickets for that game. I would have expected all reserved.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

double face palm......dang Tech

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Red out for S Miss. I've seen that episode before

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

They have rewarded season ticket holders by discounting the lowest priced season tickets to $14 which is $7 less than the singel game tickets. That's a first.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDawg View Post
    For the Mississippi State game, I see that prices are $25-40 instead of the all-$40 tickets for the previous Mississippi State home game.

However, I am surprised to see Tech sell general admission tickets for that game. I would have expected all reserved.
    I hope Tech always keeps the east side ticket policy of general admission for those sections. We pack 'em in there. There are more people than actual seats in those sections, and that will be even more so for the Miss State game. And I love it! I stand the whole game....and although I pay for it the next day with aching knees, and sometimes my hip bothers me a little, it's worth it to me. I've been attending games at Aillet since 1976 and have always stood in those student sections.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

It'll be awesome when we reach the level of selling reserved tickets only. Keeps visitors in their spots when the stadium nears capacity.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg28 View Post
    Seven home games is not TECHnically a program record. For the Joe, yes. But before the Joe was built we had 7+ at least twice.
    I am curious. What years?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    1AA playoff days I assume. Our AD was not born yet, so those years didn't happen.

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

I believe 1937 was the last time. We hosted Oklahoma City, Illinois Wesleyan, Millsaps, Southern Miss, USL, South Dakota, and Centenary. Could have been 8 if NSU was home instead of neutral.

In 1910 we played 7 games, all home. In 1913 we also had 7 home games, starting with LSU. 7 in 1908, as well.

The kicker though is 1907. We hosted Monroe AC twice, Ouachita Baptist, NSU, Henderson State, Ruston AC, Jackson Barracks, Arkansas College, and Mississippi College for 9 total home games. Now, this is from Wikipedia and apparently we hosted Monroe AC twice and won 11-0 both times so maybe we only played once, but that's still 8.

I think that's it, but it's very possible I missed some.

So again, 7 home games is a record for the Joe, but not for Tech.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg28 View Post
    I believe 1937 was the last time. We hosted Oklahoma City, Illinois Wesleyan, Millsaps, Southern Miss, USL, South Dakota, and Centenary. Could have been 8 if NSU was home instead of neutral.

In 1910 we played 7 games, all home. In 1913 we also had 7 home games, starting with LSU. 7 in 1908, as well.

The kicker though is 1907. We hosted Monroe AC twice, Ouachita Baptist, NSU, Henderson State, Ruston AC, Jackson Barracks, Arkansas College, and Mississippi College for 9 total home games. Now, this is from Wikipedia and apparently we hosted Monroe AC twice and won 11-0 both times so maybe we only played once, but that's still 8.

I think that's it, but it's very possible I missed some.

So again, 7 home games is a record for the Joe, but not for Tech.
    Good stuff.

They fail to make that distinction when talking attendance, too. The current admin boasts about the Southern and NWST games being 2 of the most attended home games in Tech history, but they completely ignore all the big home games we've hosted in Shreveport. It's as if they think JAS is the only stadium we've ever played a home game in.

The same goes for them repeating the company line about "3 consecutive bowl games for the 1st time in school history." That's also false. We played in bowl games every year from 1971 to 1974, winning 4 bowl games in a row before losing the last one.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

In regard to the Shreveport home games. Which one had the most? Miami or one of the A&M games.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

In regard to the Shreveport home games. Which one had the most? Miami or one of the A&M games.
    Miami -- 43,279

Our 5 highest attended home games were in Shreveport. ULM '97 was the highest attended game in the Joe. Southern '15 was the second highest, NSU the fifth. So their statement is technically true, as both are in top 10 of Tech home game attendance regardless of venue.

Miami '03 - 43279
    TAMU '12 - 40453
    TAMU '99 - 40328
    OSU '02 - 31391
    Baylor '96 - 29469

ULM '97 - 28714
    Southern '15 - 27905
    ULM '99 - 27360
    ULL '15 - 26910
    NSU '14 - 26004

Edit:
    Fun fact: last year's UTSA game was the 19th highest attendance for the Joe, 25th overall.

+ Reply to Thread