+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tech Schedule Results: your predictions

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

LaTech Tech Schedule Results: your predictions

Vegas Odds is 9, I'm going with the over (here's hoping we can finally fix some of our defensive woes )

Realistically I'm hoping for 11-2 record with CUSA championship, and 12-2 with win in the bowl (drop two of @WKU, MSST, or @USCar)

What are your predictions?

Dream Scenario:
    9/2 NWST: Tech wins 49-10 (revenge for Skip Holtz; J'Mar and new receivers become more confident)
    9/9 MSST: Tech wins 35-24 (MSST lost to South Alabama early last year, I don't believe they will have improved greatly)
    9/16 @WKU: Tech wins 56-42 (High Scoring game, loss of WKU's Lamb & drafted receivers too much to overcome)
    9/23 @USC: Tech wins 28-13 (South Carolina's Coach is a defensive minded coach, should be able to keep their offense down)
    9/30 USA: Tech wins 49-21 (USA cannot keep up with Tech, Sun Belt= 'nuff said)
    10/7 @UAB: Tech wins 49-10 (UAB team ragged after lack of depth really starts to show; Holtz wins big as my wedding gift )
    10/21 SoMiss: Tech wins 39-13 (Tech finally overcomes 2-year slump, plays with energy to Trump rival; SoMiss's rookie QB needs new pants )
    10/28 @Rice: Tech wins 42-17 (Rice becomes more competitive, just not enough for Tech)
    11/4 UNT: Tech wins 49-21 (UNT continues to improve)
    11/11 FAU: Tech wins 56-28 (FAU shows improved offense under Kiffen, lack of defensive talent shows)
    11/18 @UTEP: Tech wins 35-17 (Hard to play in El Paso with high winds)
    11/25 UTSA: Tech wins 56-35 (Skip again tries to rub it in)

CUSA Champ: Tech wins vs. ODU 56-21 (2014 rematch & revenge)
    Access Bowl: Tech beats LSU 49-35 (not that I want LSU to be so successful, but I want to be able to beat LSU at least twice in 2018 )

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Tech Schedule Results: your predictions

Here's hoping 3rd time is the charm in the CG.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Your dream scenario sounds good to me!

More realistically, I'm thinking somewhere between 10-4 (1-1 postseason) and 11-2. It's time to win double digits and time to win a title.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going with 10-4 or 11-3 with losses to MSU, WKU and USC with a maybe over MSU. Of course a fourth consecutive win in a bowl game.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I heard last year that we had greater talent on the bench than we had on the field. One of our former players confirmed it this summer. I expect these guys to be ready. I also find it interesting that our 2nd and 3rd string qb's didn't see any prospect of winning the position from J'Mar. With 2 receivers being drafted, I don't see how we can be better at that position but I do think we'll be good. The biggest question mark, in my mind, has to be at LB. Farris is solid. I'm not sold on Durman and am not sure of what we'll get out of Hogan. Freeman and Hamilton were both notable recruits (turned down P5 offers). I thought Scott looked athletic enough to play the position. Still, I don't know. I honestly believe we'll be better at DB, even with the loss of Woods. This DL will be salty, book it. I expect OL to be adequate and special teams to be improved. I expect us to be back in the CUSA championship game. I also think we'll knock off either Miss State or South Carolina. As long as J'Mar can stay healthy, we'll be formidable.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

It honestly pisses me off how little of a chance ESPN's FPI gives us against MSST and SCar. 19.9% chance vs #FailState, and only a 10.4% chance vs SCar (which I think is higher than it was before). I'm not saying we should be favored, but come on...

FWIW they give us 37.9% vs WKU, and have us favored everywhere else. Closest game is 65.4% vs Rice(?????).

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg28 View Post
    It honestly pisses me off how little of a chance ESPN's FPI gives us against MSST and SCar. 19.9% chance vs #FailState, and only a 10.4% chance vs SCar (which I think is higher than it was before). I'm not saying we should be favored, but come on...

FWIW they give us 37.9% vs WKU, and have us favored everywhere else. Closest game is 65.4% vs Rice(?????).
    I didn't even see ESPN's FPI and I pick the same losses with a maybe win over Moo State at home.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg28 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I didn't even see ESPN's FPI and I pick the same losses with a maybe win over Moo State at home.
    I'm certain we'll win against one of the SEC teams, as long as our defense improves and our offense is decent yet again.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Our overall depth should be very strong this year. Shouldn't be any 4th quarter letups. I don't recall ever having 7 regular season home games, even going back to our 1-AA days. A conference championship and possible access bowl are within grasp this season barring significant injuries. At least 10 or more wins this season.

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Our overall depth should be very strong this year. Shouldn't be any 4th quarter letups. I don't recall ever having 7 regular season home games, even going back to our 1-AA days. A conference championship and possible access bowl are within grasp this season barring significant injuries. At least 10 or more wins this season.
    If I'm not mistaken, the last time that happened was 1937. We defeated Oklahoma City, Millsaps, Southern Miss, and South Dakota, lost to Illinois Wesleyan, and tied Southwestern and Centenary. We played 4 games outside of Ruston: lost at Ole Miss and Louisiana College while winning at Tampa and beating NSU in Shreveport. Man, what a different world that was.

Also, it looks like we'll have a good chance of having 7 home games again in 2021. We play at Mississippi State, but we host Baylor and Bowling Green. The final spot is open but I assume that will go to an FCS team, which would give us 7.

Enjoy it while you can everyone. We go back to just 5 home games in 2018

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

8-4 regular season

win a bowl game

we will have a WTF game...not sure which one it will be. Probable losses to MSU, WKU & USC.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I would love your dream scenario. I hope JMar lives up to the hype and the quality players lost to the draft don't hurt us too much. I think it is still a big question mark though. MS State will tell us a lot. I think 10 wins will be a huge success 7 will be ok and at least won't destroy the momentum. I expect another 8-9 win season and another bowl trip.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    8-4 regular season

win a bowl game

we will have a WTF game...not sure which one it will be. Probable losses to MSU, WKU & USC.
    I agree with your prediction. Except I think we beat MSST. Then drop our next two. Have a close loss in conference to somebody close to respectable then a WTF loss somewhere (that might be 2 wtf losses if nobody past WKU is respectable). Holtz teams just seem to have a game or two where we don't show up.

If we open 3-1, watch out.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

J'Mar does NOT need to be the only option. Craft, Scott and the O-Line will determine the success of this season.

It's time to break out the old inside trap plays and Boston NEEDS quick hitting/opening running plays.
    Where the O-line just needs to get a hat on a D-man and, boom, Boston is already by them.
    With the unreal athletic modern D-linemen, I think it might be too much to expect O-lineman to hold their blocks for very long, like on the stretch running plays.
    We also need to run the quick pitch sweep to Boston more often, it was rarely run but seems to be a very good play. Just get Boston outside the tackles.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

1. Has Holtz beaten a P5 team in the regular season?

2. Can Holtz find a way to beat USM? We had more talent and still lost last year.

3. Will Holtz play to win and not just play not to lose? The main difference between us and WKU in the championship last year is that they kept the pedal down the entire game. Yes the HC was auditioning for a job, but it got them the victory.

4. Will someone please coach special teams? Especially tackling and stop messing with FG kickers and punters so you can "experiment". Sometimes just sticking with one is better even when your mind is telling you a rugby style kick might work better here.

5. Will our defense really play defense? Can they tackle? Stop playing 10 yard off the receivers?

6. Can we actually make it to double digit wins?

Still too many questions and not enough answers. I'll stick with the safe and predictable Holtz...
    9-4

+ Reply to Thread