+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: CWS

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: CWS

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    nlulm nursing grads do quite well in Texas. Texas is BEGGING for 4-year degreed RNs. My step-daughter said at her initial interview 13 years ago, the hospital asked her if she had a contact at nlulm and could they send more to their San Antonio market of 8 hospitals. "We got 2-year degreed RNs out of the ying yang and they can't go into administration without going back to school to get a business degree."
    My question pertained to Louisiana. I don't believe a four year degree will get more than an associate...which BTW is not a two year degree.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Masters degrees in nursing are the newest thing in the field, I'm told, to create more separation.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    My sister ran into that. She earned her LPN...

After 10-15 years working as a nursing supervisor, she looked for another career challenge. Attended Xavier University and became a nurse-anesthetist, which she is currently doing in the Hammond-Independence area.

Associate degrees in nursing are okay, for starters, but it puts a ceiling on careers.
    You re not comparing apples to apples. Tech's degree is an associate RN not an LPN. I have not heard of any local hospitals who favor a four year RN over an Associate RN from Tech. I asked if anybody had an example, but nobody has replied.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

BTW, since this is a thread on the baseball forum, under "CWS," I wonder what kind of nursing school the Univ of Florida has.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    You re not comparing apples to apples. Tech's degree is an associate RN not an LPN. I have not heard of any local hospitals who favor a four year RN over an Associate RN from Tech. I asked if anybody had an example, but nobody has replied.
    I know this statement is not Louisiana related, but the local large hospital conglomerate in Northern Virginia, Inova Healthcare, will only accept BSN or higher nurses for new hires. At least here it seems the Associates' RN degree nursing is not enough

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    I know this statement is not Louisiana related, but the local large hospital conglomerate in Northern Virginia, Inova Healthcare, will only accept BSN or higher nurses for new hires. At least here it seems the Associates' RN degree nursing is not enough
    Yeah, that is a fact and has never been up for debate.

What also seems to be fact is that Tech's Associate RN is as valuable, at least locally, as the BSN from Grambling and NSU.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    HAHA! That's hilarious.

This board can be damn funny sometimes. LOL!

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

This thread has become "Crawling With Shieeeeeee" you get the picture.
    hijack sign.jpg

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Yeah, that is a fact and has never been up for debate.

What also seems to be fact is that Tech's Associate RN is as valuable, at least locally, as the BSN from Grambling and NSU.
    Honestly, I didn't know anything about nursing or Tech's nursing program until recently. I was recruiting one of my students to Tech, and she wants to be a nurse practitioner. That requires a BS in nursing and then a master's. It didn't make sense for her to go to Tech and then have to transfer to another school to get her BS and master's. So she decided to attend NSU. Our associate RN program might very well be awesome for anyone not desiring to be a nurse practitioner.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Honestly, I didn't know anything about nursing or Tech's nursing program until recently. I was recruiting one of my students to Tech, and she wants to be a nurse practitioner. That requires a BS in nursing and then a master's. It didn't make sense for her to go to Tech and then have to transfer to another school to get her BS and master's. So she decided to attend NSU. Our associate RN program might very well be awesome for anyone not desiring to be a nurse practitioner.
    There are approximately 250K NPs. NPs require a Masters so yes, a BSN would be part of the package.

There are approximately 3 Million practicing RNs.

If a person wants to go to work in a facility that does not require a BSN, why would any potential nurse choose a school with a very low passing rate for the NCLEX?

Again, no examples of what I asked for.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Just In: 100% of Tech's nursing grads pass national licensing exam... again!
    http://news.latech.edu/2017/08/04/nu...national-exam/

+ Reply to Thread