+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CWS

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Re: CWS

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Kills me everytime I see those tweets tbh. Even worse that lsu will probably win the CWS this year thanks to a Tech legacy, and we couldnt win one damn game in our tournament.
    I don't think they'll get past OSU, but any success thus far is hardly thanks to Kim's boy. He's 1 for 13 in the CWS so far.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Interesting fact. The Beavers won every series they played this year.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    I don't think they'll get past OSU, but any success thus far is hardly thanks to Kim's boy. He's 1 for 13 in the CWS so far.
    ...with a crucial error in the first OSU game that turned the mo.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    But, but, but...#beachballrally.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    The Beavers have only lost 4 games all year and crushed the Tigers 13-1 in their first game. They would have to beat the Beavs twice to advance. OSU is for real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Same. Makes me sick every time I see or hear those three names associated with purple and piss.

GO BEAVS!!
    Go BEAVS!

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

better than

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

Food for thought. I also get sick to my stomach at the thought of Legacy kid/grandkids going down there. My perspective is this. As a parent you want the BEST opportunity for your kids. Their success = your success. If you have a kid that is top notch, why do you NOT encourage them to go to your alma mater. (I know the bad blood with mulkey) If you encourage them to go south, is that NOT effectively saying your collegiate success was marginal? You were good enough to play for Tech, but your kid needs to go to the flagship. Why? If your answer is "well, LSU is the better school." What does that say about your own ability? Doubt any of these parents are going to say "well, I was better than my kid..."!!! I doubt they can argue that they would have been SOO much more successful had they gone to LSU!! It also follows with professors kids or even alumni kids not involved in athletics. If you encourage your kid to go to another school (Not the school YOU teach at), isn't that saying your ability in some ways-as an educator- sucks? Assuming Tech offers your degree of choice. Go somewhere else for a better education? I also am aware kids have their own minds! As I get older, I am trying to be LESS offended by peoples choices. But, honestly, I do get highly offended when kids don't follow suit, when alumni don't remain loyal. I did follow suit, my brother and sister did. My oldest child did. It was good enough for them and it was good enough for me. #WeAreLaTech #everloyalbe

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by coop1448 View Post
    It was good enough for them and it was good enough for me. #WeAreLaTech #everloyalbe
    No one loves their alma mater more than I do. In the case of athletics, LSU and the SEC is on another level than Louisiana Tech. I don't fault young Mr. Slaughter for choosing LSU. He has the ability to play major league baseball and is hitting home runs in the college world series. I am proud of him. The kid was a TECH fan his whole life and may be one still. His dad and grandfather are for sure.

Young KJ was not "good enough"to play college level football according to those who saw him play in high school. You can't teach genes and he has good ones and those folks were wrong. He has developed into a starting tackle in the SEC. Being the son of Karl Malone, I can imagine that development would have been under a brighter microscope at Louisiana Tech and he might have never made it.

Now Kramer, no comment.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    No one loves their alma mater more than I do. In the case of athletics, LSU and the SEC is on another level than Louisiana Tech. I don't fault young Mr. Slaughter for choosing LSU. He has the ability to play major league baseball and is hitting home runs in the college world series. I am proud of him. The kid was a TECH fan his whole life and may be one still. His dad and grandfather are for sure.

Young KJ was not "good enough"to play college level football according to those who saw him play in high school. You can't teach genes and he has good ones and those folks were wrong. He has developed into a starting tackle in the SEC. Being the son of Karl Malone, I can imagine that development would have been under a brighter microscope at Louisiana Tech and he might have never made it.

Now Kramer, no comment.
    Quite the contrary.

Slaughter spent much of the season on the bench and played out of position at 1st base when he played. Had he attended Tech, he would've started every single game this year at his natural position short stop and would've had twice as many ABs at Tech. He also would've been the difference in Tech playing in the postseason.

No clue what you are talking about with KJ. He had an offer from every school in the country including Saban at Alabama and obviously Tech. Had he gone to Tech, he may have started as a true freshman instead of not getting significant PT until last year, his redshirt junior year at LSU. The knock on his HS career wasn't that he "wasn't good enough." It was that the Class 1A competition level was so poor he totally dominated.

I'd argue both of those guys would've better developed had they attended Tech because their opportunities for development would've been much greater. It's hard to develop when you're sitting on the bench half the time or playing out of position when you get in the game.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 06-23-2017 at 02:00 PM.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

It's hard to develop when you're sitting on the bench half the time or playing out of position when you get in the game.

Not just in the game. Non-starters get far fewer reps in practice, and glaringly so the farther the season progresses.

No reps in practice, not getting better. Actually, most probably regress.
    This is shown time and again when subs come into a blowout game and perform poorly. It's mainly because they haven't been getting significant (if any) reps in practice.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I don't fault young Mr. Slaughter for choosing LSU. He has the ability to play major league baseball
    I do. Tech been shown as a consistent stepping stone into MiLB, even from poorly performing teams.
    No matter where you play, the modern day scouts are going to find you.

When my kid was playing, I showed him my love for Tech. We consistently went to games and watched Tech on TV.
    My son doesn't even know LSU exists (only a slight exaggeration).
    If he had been talented enough, there is no doubt, if given the opportunity, he would have chosen Tech over any other school in the country.

I would bet huge money that Mr. Slaughter showed more love to LSU than Tech, to his son.
    Last edited by DJDAWG; 06-23-2017 at 11:06 AM.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Had he attended Tech he would not have been playing in the college series
    This is the only factual statement you made and I had to help you with it

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

This is the only factual statement you made and I had to help you with it

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Exactly what "Mr. Slaughter" are you referring to? If it is me or my son Michael, you would have lost "huge money" on either bet.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post

Man, those are not fair criticisms. He is a good ballplayer. I hate it as much as you do that 3 legacies didn't choose Tech.

+ Reply to Thread