+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Erik McCree to the Houston Rockets

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Erik McCree to the Houston Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Without that miraculous chip in, nobody would've ever heard of the "Traveler's Tournament," whatever that is.
    Think of the Travelers Tournament as pro golf's "Armed Forces Bowl". It may not be the Masters (or Rose Bowl), but it still has very good players that can put on a damn good show.

ARMED FORCES BOWL ranked #3 in 2016 Bowls
    http://www.cbssports.com/college-foo...worst-to-best/

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Think of the Travelers Tournament as pro golf's "Armed Forces Bowl". It may not be the Masters (or Rose Bowl), but it still has very good players that can put on a damn good show.

Got it. Thanks for comparing that obscure golf tournament to a major sporting event so I could understand it.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Golf is a game, not a sport.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Got it. Thanks for comparing that obscure golf tournament to a major sporting event so I could understand it.
    I was hoping you weren't going to force me to do this.......I really didn't want to show you up.

Travelers Championship Attendance

It is the second-most-attended PGA Tour event annually, behind only the Waste Management Phoenix Open.[4] In 2011, the tournament attracted 240,000 fans for the week and 70,000 fans on Sunday. The tournament set a record attendance in 2002 with nearly 400,000 fans for the week. The tournament has been played annually in Cromwell since 1984, and since 1991 the tournament has been held on the course at the TPC at River Highlands.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travelers_Championship

Remind me again how many fans attend a football bowl game?

Just let me know when you are ready to cry uncle, so that I can take my foot off your throat.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I was hoping you weren't going to force me to do this.......I really didn't want to show you up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travelers_Championship

Remind me again how many fans attend a football bowl game?

Just let me know when you are ready to cry uncle, so that I can take my foot off your throat.
    Yet 99% of sports fans have never heard of it. --> Golf is a niche sport, just like NASCAR.

Get back to me when The Worldwide Leader in Sports recognizes the PGA as a major sports league... http://www.espn.com/

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

NBA popularity has grown with the millenial population. That says it all.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

A classic. Of the three recent bowls this is my favorite. Thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. As you would expect, the Navy faithful/fans are pure class. Shared a hotel with a bunch of 'em and the next morning at breakfast, me decked out in Tech gear, they were nothing but complimentary and genuinely impressed with the Dawgs and Tech's fan support, etc...

I hope I'm able to attend a 4th straight bowl....and we make it a 4-0 run.

Yet 99% of sports fans have never heard of it. --> Golf is a niche sport, just like NASCAR.

Get back to me when The Worldwide Leader in Sports recognizes the PGA as a major sports league... http://www.espn.com/

Oh...so NOOOOOW you like to follow the idiots at the mother ship. I see.

Hey 400K in attendance beats 20K to 80K every time. Just saying.

Let's take this discussion to the golf forum of BBB. Oh, wait. There isn't one cuz it's not a major sport.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Without that miraculous chip in, nobody would've ever heard of the "Traveler's Tournament," whatever that is.
    I think you misjudge your ignorance for everyone else's. Just because you don't enjoy golf, or you don't watch golf, doesn't mean a lot of folks don't.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I think you misjudge your ignorance for everyone else's. Just because you don't enjoy golf, or you don't watch golf, doesn't mean a lot of folks don't.
    There you go making poor assumptions again. I like golf. It's actually my favorite hobby. But anybody who thinks the PGA Tour is a major sporting league like the NFL, NBA, or MLB is really out of touch with reality. Like it or not, golf is a niche sport.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Auto racing > basketball > hockey>golf

http://www.theharrispoll.com/sports/...port_2016.html

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Why compare one bowl game to a huge weekend long event? Also, two teams play in a bowl but how many bowls are there? How many individual golfers played the tournament? Plenty of ways to spin it

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Golf is more valuable to the networks than the NBA it appears...

PGA has 24 hours of regular coverage from Thu-Sun on most weekends

For majors and Ryder Cup/Presidents Cup 48 hours...

Don't be a hater
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Golf is more valuable to the networks than the NBA it appears...

PGA has 24 hours of regular coverage from Thu-Sun on most weekends

For majors and Ryder Cup/Presidents Cup 48 hours...

Don't be a hater
    Are you seriously saying the major sports leagues are the NFL, MLB, and PGA???

If you want to go by TV revenue and ratings, the PGA Tour TV contracts are nowhere near those of the 3 major sports leagues, and Fox is losing big bucks on their PGA Tour deal due to poor ratings.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 06-28-2017 at 01:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread