+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TechFandom Check...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

TechFandom Check...

If you want TCU to win you lack Tech fandom.

If you want Florida to wn you understand the fandom thinking process.

Can you explain?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: TechFandom Check...

We recruit head to head more often against TCU and The gators have the best chance to beat LSU...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Personally, I wanted TCU to win so we didn't have to listen to "THE SEC IS SUPREME IT'S AN ALL SEC FINAL BLAH BLAH BLAH"

As it is... Geaux Gators

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

It's really easy now... We are all Gators! Beat LSU!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg28 View Post
    Personally, I wanted TCU to win so we didn't have to listen to "THE SEC IS SUPREME IT'S AN ALL SEC FINAL BLAH BLAH BLAH"

As it is... Geaux Gators
    Might as well listen to it because it is true. As DFM said we recruit against TCU and we are already losing the battles. I didn't want them to get more TV time.

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

TCU is on another level, alongside the likes of LSU. There's no way we're even in the same recruiting conversation. At least not yet.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    It's really easy now... We are all Gators! Beat LSU!
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg28 View Post
    TCU is on another level, alongside the likes of LSU. There's no way we're even in the same recruiting conversation. At least not yet.
    We've been #1 on some of the guys list over the past few years. TCU came along at the last minute to grab them up. Turpin was the most recent. The guy who was giving TCU the heads up on these guys and helping TCU lure them was a Neville coach who was hired by TCU last year.

BTW, TCU is no where near SEC caliber in any sport other than baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    We've been #1 on some of the guys list over the past few years. TCU came along at the last minute to grab them up. Turpin was the most recent. The guy who was giving TCU the heads up on these guys and helping TCU lure them was a Neville coach who was hired by TCU last year.

BTW, TCU is no where near SEC caliber in any sport other than baseball.
    Baseball is the sport we are talking about, hence my comment.

I started the thread in the baseball forum because of the game last night. My fandom question applied to sports in general and primarily football since that is the sport that really matters in regard to fan perception.

I love quizzing our fans on how they root for other college sports teams and how it applies to Tech. I think it was a little before your time here, but it was also baseball that applied to sports in general...It was a Lafayette and lsu baseball series and who did you want to win? Looking though Tech fandom glasses you'd want lsu to win because a Lafayette win would increase the Walmart fan's positive perception of Lafayette's over all program. Nobody would be surprised by lsu winning, so no noise and they remain a sleeping dog for us to have a chance at some day. Of course we had many fans say they ALWAYS want lsu to lose even if it is to nlulm or Lafayette.

I almost always want LSU to lose, but they can beat ULL, that's fine with me! I'm not sure there's a scenario where I would ever want ULOL to win.

I think I've said this before somewhere, but my dream is that (in football) we'll beat LSU in 2018, and then after that all the other La teams (except maybe ULL) start beating them. That way, the perception that they are "Louisiana's team" goes away, but we get to be the first ones and get the biggest boost.

+ Reply to Thread