+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Conference realignment likely on hold until 2023

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Re: Conference realignment likely on hold until 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Umm..... ME!!

We better be ready.
    Amen.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I have very little faith in our ability to be ready. I think Guice will be able to take the necessary steps but I'm not so sure about TMac. In fact, I'm fairly certain that he does not have the ability to move us forward.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I have very little faith in our ability to be ready. I think Guice will be able to take the necessary steps but I'm not so sure about TMac. In fact, I'm fairly certain that he does not have the ability to move us forward.
    Perhaps one of the "necessary steps" Les needs to take is to replace TMac.

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Guice is the boss and I'm certain he's very interested in us moving up. I know y'all don't trust TMac but if Guice does then so do I. For now at least.

None of us truly know what's going on behind the scenes, anyway

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

What "behind the scenes"? We don't have any real BIG donors or otherwise we wouldn't have to be begging for just $30,000 to replace an old worn out sign.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    What "behind the scenes"? We don't have any real BIG donors or otherwise we wouldn't have to be begging for just $30,000 to replace an old worn out sign.
    I think what he's referring to is the relationship building between Dr. Guice and his counterparts in other conferences as well as between Tommy and his counterparts in other conferences.

There is also the quiet use of third parties that have connections that could help at some point down the line.

Finally, our administration will have to line up internal constituencies. Some of you would be surprised how many administrators on campus, including some athletic council members, believe that staying one step ahead of ULM should be good enough for Tech.
    Last edited by The Historian; 07-08-2017 at 06:44 PM.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

I understand your point, but the truth is we've had individual donors give millions to the last two major projects, which total more than $34 million in construction.

Every major donor to those projects is going to be approached at some point in the future for the next major project. If you were LG the next time you ask them to pull out their wallets would you ask each for $30,000 or $3 million plus?

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps one of the "necessary steps" Les needs to take is to replace TMac.
    OmahaDog would be an excellent possibility from my observations. I have no idea how the $ would compare.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    I think what he's referring to is the relationship building between Dr. Guice and his counterparts in other conferences as well as between Tommy and his counterparts in other conferences.

There is also the quiet use of third parties that have connections that could help at some point down the line.

Finally, our administration will have to line up internal constituencies. Some of you would be surprised how many administrators on campus, including some athletic council members, believe that staying one step ahead of ULM should be good enough for Tech.
    Is that an opinion?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Is that an opinion?
    Fact

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Fact
    Correct. Unfortunate but correct.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Fact
    Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Correct. Unfortunate but correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Is that an opinion?
    Well I'm glad that opinion was not the predominant one, or else we wouldn't be fighting to be one of the top 2 programs in the state, we would be fighting for the penultimate one

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    Well I'm glad that opinion was not the predominant one, or else we wouldn't be fighting to be one of the top 2 programs in the state, we would be fighting for the penultimate one
    It held us back for years. Had we been in position to move up at the appropriate time, we may be in the ACC right now. We spun our wheels for at least 10 years while Dan Reneau was in charge. Thankfully, we have leadership in place who will help us to keep moving forward...other than our AD.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Most of all we need a bigger budget and that is the hardest to get done. If I remember correctly, that is why our current AD was hired. As much I read from posts on here with consternation about his doings, I wonder if we have looked at his actions through that very lens. It might explain a few things. But then again, if it doesn't, we need the right person to fix that very problem doing it right now!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Most of all we need a bigger budget and that is the hardest to get done. If I remember correctly, that is why our current AD was hired. As much I read from posts on here with consternation about his doings, I wonder if we have looked at his actions through that very lens. It might explain a few things. But then again, if it doesn't, we need the right person to fix that very problem doing it right now!
    No doubt about it, our budget will be our biggest limiting factor when conference realignment resumes. If we're not super aggressive in finding a way to increase that budget, things will not go well for us when the next big shuffle happens.

I believe that student athletic fees are the only way we'll ever be able to increase our budget in any appreciable way. Right now, I'm pretty sure that we're very limited with what we can do with student fees. It may literally take an act of congress to change this situation. Tech and ULL would support allowing student fees without affecting state general funding, but would UNO, ULM, SLU, NSU, MSU, Nichols, Southern, and GSU? Probably not, so it'll be an uphill battle in Baton Rouge to get it done. It's going to take some very good salesmanship. We'll see if TMAC is up to the task.
    Last edited by brtransplant; 07-10-2017 at 05:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread