+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I need to be educated

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: I need to be educated

Quote Originally Posted by RGTech98 View Post
    I notice no one ever mentions Hot Rods Barbecue or Log Cabin. Hot Rods, under the previous name was my personal favorite BarBQ for when I was in Ruston, albeit that was 20 years ago...
    Good point. I used to get Hot Rods nearly every week. Good student deals, and pretty good BBQ.

My wife's great-great-grandmother (or thereabouts) was the original occupant of the Log Cabin (or so I've been told...).

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Good point. I used to get Hot Rods nearly every week. Good student deals, and pretty good BBQ.

My wife's great-great-grandmother (or thereabouts) was the original occupant of the Log Cabin (or so I've been told...).
    Their baked beans may have been the best beans I have ever paid money for, all of the meat trimmings used to dumped in the pan!

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Hot Rods is good. Great potato salad and pulled pork is the way to go

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Have any of yall tried Beau Vines?
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Have any of yall tried Beau Vines?
    Absolutely, best steak in N LA if you ask me.

Brister's Smokehouse for BBQ!

Varsity Bulldog collinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the rough

Word on the street is there will be a Brewery/Pizza joint going in downtown at some point. May be a while a way but it is in the works. I think it will be a great addition to downtown. My food choices would be Bristers for BBQ, Dog House for bar food, Log Cabin for American/Tex Mex, Romas for Italian, and Beau Vines for Steak. I also enjoy Ponchatoula's for fried seafood.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Talk to Dawg80. I bet he knew her. He was around back then.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Talk to Dawg80. I bet he knew her. He was around back then.
    A real looker!

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

Welcome to our beloved Louisiana Tech.

Best places eat, in my opinion: (1) Roma's; and (2) Hot Rod's BBQ. Cool thing about Roma is that it's run by real restaurant pro's---started out of Dallas and have moved east to a couple of locations. Superb if you like Italian

Tailgating: It's EASY here. The Alumni Association puts on a good tailgate that you can pay a few bucks to get into. There are plenty of groups who have situations set up. I'd venture to say if you told someone at a group that you had a nephew on the team, they'd welcome you right in. Because we don't have HUGE crowds, you don't have to worry about REAL traffic. It's a great atmosphere. If you don't like booze, you can avoid it. If you do partake, no one bothers you, unless you walk around with glass bottles

Rivalries: Concur with everyone else who said our most current rival is USM. Because we've changed situations and conferences a good number of times since going D1. As an older Tech grad (mid 80s), I've observed us transition from DII to DIAA to D1, so there have been lots of fits and starts in terms of rivalries. We open our season with what used to be our BIGGEST rival---Northwestern State. They have remained in IAA (FCS), and have fallen on hard times. A lot of old timers will be there for that one.

Tech is a program on the rise===hopefully. We're not LSU and we don't want to be. We're competing well at the second tier of D1 right now, and our program has the potential and alumni support to get better. God bless you and welcome!

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Excellent and informative post, collardgreens......green dot for you.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by collardgreens View Post
    . We're not LSU and we don't want to be. We're competing well at the second tier of D1 right now, and our program has the potential and alumni support to get better. God bless you and welcome!
    We want to stay in the "second tier" right there along with the ULL's. But I guess you're thinking the Belch is third tier. We may not ever make it to the first tier if we're satisfied being "second tier".

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    We want to stay in the "second tier" right there along with the ULL's. But I guess you're thinking the Belch is third tier. We may not ever make it to the first tier if we're satisfied being "second tier".
    I want very much to be in the first tier. I dont wanna be LSU...because I want them to be second tier.

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

I want very much to be in the first tier. I dont wanna be LSU...because I want them to be second tier.
    I would find this to be an acceptable arrangement.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Starts in 2018, hopefully J'Mar will get us our 2nd ever football victory against them

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    Starts in 2018, hopefully J'Mar will get us our 2nd ever football victory against them
    Let's goooooo!!!! I'm so excited for that game, especially after talking to lsu fans about it. Let me give you a run down of this convo..

We will give y'all a good game next year. We should be loaded and y'all have coach O and never have a QB.

well, you can't recruit like SEC teams. It's a different level.

Yes, but we get athletes and develop them. Reminded him of the past SEC games where we either won or played a great, close game.

But you're not on the level of LSU

Ok. We will find out just how far behind we are. We are building speed and have a better QB than you've had since... mettenberger? Who you didn't even utilize his strengths? Ok.

+ Reply to Thread