+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I need to be educated

Puppy BearDawg is an unknown

I need to be educated

Hello Dawg Fans,

I am new to this board. I am a Baylor grad and fan (feel free to hurl insults) who has a nephew that is new to your team this year and need help getting up to speed. I am an avid football fan so I have watched many of your games over the years and know how prolific your offenses have been but not much else. I am planning on attending games this year so I could use some tips on places to eat, drink a beer, main rival etc. Only reason I am not naming who my nephew is because if I mouth off I do not want it to reflect on him. I am a regular on the Baylor boards and enjoy them. Are the pay sites worth it? A lot of Baylor fans post on the pay sites then also on the free board. I always wait for the info to make it to the free board.

Any topic you can can think of to help me get up to speed will be appreciated. Will all games be available in Texas or if not is there a pay for network?

Thanks for the help

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: I need to be educated

You need to eat at Griff's Hamburgers in Ruston.

Anything else you may learn in this thread is of secondary importance.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

If we don't tailgate, my group usually eats somewhere downtown Ruston and catches a shuttle to the game. I don't know of a true "tap house" in downtown Ruston but a few of the establishments have 10 or so beers on tap. Sundown Tavern has a sort of sports bar menu and is pretty good. It's not exactly downtown but I've had a couple of good burgers from the Dawghouse grill. We've gone to Roma's before (usually has a happy hour special). Ponchatoula's is a cajunie type of place and it's decent. That's what we do.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    You need to eat at Griff's Hamburgers in Ruston.

Anything else you may learn in this thread is of secondary importance.
    I agree, but not for any culinary reasons

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

As far as rivals go, I'd say it would be Southern Miss. They tend to bring the largest number of fans (among conference foes) and are usually contenders for the CSA-west division title.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    If we don't tailgate, my group usually eats somewhere downtown Ruston and catches a shuttle to the game. I don't know of a true "tap house" in downtown Ruston but a few of the establishments have 10 or so beers on tap. Sundown Tavern has a sort of sports bar menu and is pretty good. It's not exactly downtown but I've had a couple of good burgers from the Dawghouse grill. We've gone to Roma's before (usually has a happy hour special). Ponchatoula's is a cajunie type of place and it's decent. That's what we do.
    Dawghouse - F-
    Romas - B+
    Ponchatoulas - C

Big Dog latechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the rough

Welcome to the board. I agree Southern Miss is our biggest rival considering we annually struggle against them and we are both CUSA West. The best food is found walking the tailgating grounds and sampling from everyone, . Usually plenty of free beer too. Also. cusa.tv has games and this year we will be on the new channel Stadium TV (schedule here). Where there is a will there is a way, I live in SC and I see every game. Sometimes it takes me watching the opponents broadcast and muting it while the Nitzer does play by play on the radio.

I'm not comfortable visiting different tailgates just to eat their stuff but I'm sure somebody will give you a direct invitation if you let us know what game. Tell Westin we wish him luck but hope we don't have to see him play unless it's mop-up minutes.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Yes, CUSA.TV does a great job covering LA Tech games. It is pretty easy to scout C-USA opponents on prior Saturdays (and other days too, since CUSA.TV archives complete games during the season).
    Unfortunately, when Tech sells its online streaming rights to some of these 'tv broadcasters' you may not be able to watch the game at all if there is no local affiliate that actually broadcasts the game where you live. Hopefully we'll start putting the games on ESPN3 or something so fans will KNOW that they will be able to watch our games with their paid subscription.

Puppy DurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by BearDawg View Post
    Hello Dawg Fans,

I am new to this board. I am a Baylor grad and fan (feel free to hurl insults) who has a nephew that is new to your team this year and need help getting up to speed. I am an avid football fan so I have watched many of your games over the years and know how prolific your offenses have been but not much else. I am planning on attending games this year so I could use some tips on places to eat, drink a beer, main rival etc. Only reason I am not naming who my nephew is because if I mouth off I do not want it to reflect on him. I am a regular on the Baylor boards and enjoy them. Are the pay sites worth it? A lot of Baylor fans post on the pay sites then also on the free board. I always wait for the info to make it to the free board.

Any topic you can can think of to help me get up to speed will be appreciated. Will all games be available in Texas or if not is there a pay for network?

Thanks for the help
    Feel free to join us at our tailgate, behind the pavilion on the hill. Tent with 3 or 4 players' names on it. Would love to meet another relative of a player.

Excellent, thanks for welcome everybody

Sounds great, I look forward to meeting you

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

The last few years, I have been able to see all Tech games through DISH. I don't know about the upcoming season

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Welcome, BearDawg. Aside from the restaurants already suggested, Brister's Smokehouse is the go-to for BBQ, if that's what you're in the mood for.

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

I notice no one ever mentions Hot Rods Barbecue or Log Cabin. Hot Rods, under the previous name was my personal favorite BarBQ for when I was in Ruston, albeit that was 20 years ago...

+ Reply to Thread