+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I need to be educated

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: I need to be educated

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Let's goooooo!!!! I'm so excited for that game, especially after talking to lsu fans about it. Let me give you a run down of this convo..

We will give y'all a good game next year. We should be loaded and y'all have coach O and never have a QB.

well, you can't recruit like SEC teams. It's a different level.

Yes, but we get athletes and develop them. Reminded him of the past SEC games where we either won or played a great, close game.

But you're not on the level of LSU

Ok. We will find out just how far behind we are. We are building speed and have a better QB than you've had since... mettenberger? Who you didn't even utilize his strengths? Ok.
    LA State only beat us by 8 points last time (in 2008). And that was after they trailed us at the half. Furthermore, that 2008 Tech team wasn't near as good as some of the recent teams we've had. Especially offensively. One of the big drawbacks to Derek Dooley's coaching philosophy was that he was a horrible offensive coach. Dooley couldn't move the football. I honestly think Holtz could take 'em (LA State) down.

But that's in 2018. I'm interested in 2017 now.

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    LA State only beat us by 8 points last time (in 2008). And that was after they trailed us at the half. Furthermore, that 2008 Tech team wasn't near as good as some of the recent teams we've had. Especially offensively. One of the big drawbacks to Derek Dooley's coaching philosophy was that he was a horrible offensive coach. Dooley couldn't move the football. I honestly think Holtz could take 'em (LA State) down.

If I remember correctly, we had 8 starters out with injuries for that game. There also seemed to be some questionable calls by the SEC refs in the second half. The big thing about that game was the Hitt brothers playing against each other.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    LA State only beat us by 8 points last time (in 2009). And that was after they trailed us at the half. Furthermore, that 2008 Tech team wasn't near as good as some of the recent teams we've had. Especially offensively. One of the big drawbacks to Derek Dooley's coaching philosophy was that he was a horrible offensive coach. Dooley couldn't move the football. I honestly think Holtz could take 'em (LA State) down.

Quote Originally Posted by BRDawg81 View Post
    If I remember correctly, we had 8 starters out with injuries for that game. There also seemed to be some questionable calls by the SEC refs in the second half. The big thing about that game was the Hitt brothers playing against each other.
    I loved watching the "Dolphin" tackle by Boyd on their receiver (Fixed the date for you HD, 09 was my freshman year). He became one of my favorite players that night (even though he surrendered the final TD to TCU in the '11 Bowl). It was silly that the SEC refs didn't have an issue with the tackle, but the WAC refs suspended Boyd for one game.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    It was silly that the SEC refs didn't have an issue with the tackle, but the WAC refs suspended Boyd for one game.
    Benson, not the WAC refs. I have a string of emails going back and forth with that goof ball regarding the incident. He treated us like crap, but our President treated him like a king when he came to town. A group of our fans booed and jeered him at a game after they'd finally had enough of his treatment.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Benson, not the WAC refs. I have a string of emails going back and forth with that goof ball regarding the incident. He treated us like crap, but our President treated him like a king when he came to town. A group of our fans booed and jeered him at a game after they'd finally had enough of his treatment.
    Good to know, props to the jeering fans

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    Good to know, props to the jeering fans
    Hell he had to pass right beside us - easy pickins...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Not to hi-jack this thread (well, maybe) speaking of passing right beside you, will the opposing team's press box crew have to climb to the press box like they used to do? They used to walk right beside me in Section DD on the way up. They wouldn't let them take the elevator.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Not to hi-jack this thread (well, maybe) speaking of passing right beside you, will the opposing team's press box crew have to climb to the press box like they used to do? They used to walk right beside me in Section DD on the way up. They wouldn't let them take the elevator.
    They would let them take the elevator but it was too slow so they chose to walk down instead...

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    They would let them take the elevator but it was too slow so they chose to walk down instead...
    It wasn't just walking down, but up, too. Maybe they just wanted the exercise. I was on row 42 aisle seats saw we saw them every game. Of course at the end of the half time the elevator was probably busy and full and they were just leaving the team meeting in their little dressing room on the far side of the end zone so they might not have had much time.

Yes - especially the coaches - it was easier and quicker to walk up than wait on the slooowwww elevator

I don't remember seeing the Tech coaches. They must have gone up on the other end by Section FF.

I don't remember seeing the Tech coaches. They must have gone up on the other end by Section FF.
    Yes their boxes are on the other side of the pressbox

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by BearDawg View Post
    Hello Dawg Fans,

I am new to this board. I am a Baylor grad and fan (feel free to hurl insults) who has a nephew that is new to your team this year and need help getting up to speed. I am an avid football fan so I have watched many of your games over the years and know how prolific your offenses have been but not much else. I am planning on attending games this year so I could use some tips on places to eat, drink a beer, main rival etc. Only reason I am not naming who my nephew is because if I mouth off I do not want it to reflect on him. I am a regular on the Baylor boards and enjoy them. Are the pay sites worth it? A lot of Baylor fans post on the pay sites then also on the free board. I always wait for the info to make it to the free board.

Any topic you can can think of to help me get up to speed will be appreciated. Will all games be available in Texas or if not is there a pay for network?

Thanks for the help
    What's your ID on the Baylor board? I'm a grad of both schools and use TechDawgMc in both places.

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

We want to stay in the "second tier" right there along with the ULL's. But I guess you're thinking the Belch is third tier. We may not ever make it to the first tier if we're satisfied being "second tier".
    I never said I or We were satisfied. I just made note of the fact. It' gonna take something epic to get invited into a Big 5, and we're year from getting there. 3 Bowls Win in a row is a great start. The best non-LSU facilities in the State is seasoning for the proverbial gumbo. Now, we have to have alumni and sponsors who want to do what is necessary to make the BIG leap, if that's what our university wants. Simply making an observation.

Puppy BearDawg is an unknown

Thanks for all the great info. My name is bearlove on the Baylor board.

+ Reply to Thread