+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I need to be educated

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Re: I need to be educated

Quote Originally Posted by BearDawg View Post
    Thanks for all the great info. My name is bearlove on the Baylor board.
    Glad to see there's another "BearDawg". Welcome! My "bear" name comes from my Grandmother's nickname for me, and so bears have become my favorite animal. Dawg obviously comes from Tech. 137 comes from religious reasons (1 God, 3 person trinity, 7 sacraments).

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BearDawg137 View Post
    137 comes from religious reasons (1 God, 3 person trinity, 7 sacraments).
    Nice! My father is fond of using 153 in his email addresses and such (for the 153 fish caught by the disciples, which happens to be the 17th triangular number).

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by collardgreens View Post
    I never said I or We were satisfied.
    twss

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    Good to know, props to the jeering fans
    He got a huge earful from me.....

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by collinellis View Post
    Word on the street is there will be a Brewery/Pizza joint going in downtown at some point. May be a while a way but it is in the works. I think it will be a great addition to downtown. My food choices would be Bristers for BBQ, Dog House for bar food, Log Cabin for American/Tex Mex, Romas for Italian, and Beau Vines for Steak. I also enjoy Ponchatoula's for fried seafood.
    Should be sooner rather than later. It will be located downtown next to the Dixie Center, right around the corner from my office. I saw them unloading fixtures and equipment last week.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Benson, not the WAC refs. I have a string of emails going back and forth with that goof ball regarding the incident. He treated us like crap, but our President treated him like a king when he came to town. A group of our fans booed and jeered him at a game after they'd finally had enough of his treatment.
    He was at the game sitting down in front of us when the refs delayed the game for a 30 minute review. Before it was over a sheriff's deputy came up and sat beside me and DogtorEvil, said there had been "complaints" about our language. We were just calling it like we saw it. Benson was a real wanker.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    He got a huge earful from me.....
    TWSS

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    He was at the game sitting down in front of us when the refs delayed the game for a 30 minute review. Before it was over a sheriff's deputy came up and sat beside me and DogtorEvil, said there had been "complaints" about our language. We were just calling it like we saw it. Benson was a real wanker.
    His worst transgression has to be that double opening kickoff return for the 2011 Hawaii game (they received the kickoff to start the 1st, and right after halftime); I've NEVER heard of that happening, before or after!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    His worst transgression has to be that double opening kickoff return for the 2011 Hawaii game (they received the kickoff to start the 1st, and right after halftime); I've NEVER heard of that happening, before or after!
    I had forgotten about that. The Benson led WAC refs were sooooo corrupt. The refs confused our captain with the call. They were like, "Okay you won the toss...you want to kick off?" So instead of asking them if they wanted to defer, they forced them to say they wanted to kick off to open the game" Benson is such a sorry individual.

I didn't remember it being the Hawaii game.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I had forgotten about that. The Benson led WAC refs were sooooo corrupt. The refs confused our captain with the call. They were like, "Okay you won the toss...you want to kick off?" So instead of asking them if they wanted to defer, they forced them to say they wanted to kick off to open the game" Benson is such a sorry individual.

I didn't remember it being the Hawaii game.
    Hey, Abner Haynes of the then Dallas Texans (Now KC Chief)made the same call in OT in an old AFL championship game. He thought if you elected to kick off you automatically got to defend a goal which was really what they wanted in a windy rainstorm. So they ended up kicking against the wind.

The good Dogtor MIGHT have dropped a few F bombs.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Many years ago when the Astros really stunk and I was jeering them on (high paid athletes really playing bad the whole year) a security guard asked me to hold it down so I wouldn't bother the other few hundred fans in attendance.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    You need to eat at Griff's Hamburgers in Ruston.

Anything else you may learn in this thread is of secondary importance.
    I worked my way thru college --my first job was at Griffs and Vince T (who opened Stowes ) was my boss--about 80cent an hour-- still hang with Vince at football and BB 50 plus yrs later. We had a blast working there --

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

We had a legitimate shot at beating Arkansas and got shafted by refs -- PRESIDENT Clinton was sitting on 50yard line ( seats -not field) and you can imagine how they called the game

Also at game with Sportsdawg when ULL/Southwestern put time back on clock after we kicked winning field goal --they then tied the game with field goal

game in Tulsa both teams emptied the sideline for brawl

think it was Fresno that came out before game and stomped on our logo--they were big favorites and best team in WAC --well we STOMPED them

Quote Originally Posted by BearDawg View Post
    Hello Dawg Fans,

I am new to this board. I am a Baylor grad and fan (feel free to hurl insults) who has a nephew that is new to your team this year and need help getting up to speed. I am an avid football fan so I have watched many of your games over the years and know how prolific your offenses have been but not much else. I am planning on attending games this year so I could use some tips on places to eat, drink a beer, main rival etc. Only reason I am not naming who my nephew is because if I mouth off I do not want it to reflect on him. I am a regular on the Baylor boards and enjoy them. Are the pay sites worth it? A lot of Baylor fans post on the pay sites then also on the free board. I always wait for the info to make it to the free board.

Any topic you can can think of to help me get up to speed will be appreciated. Will all games be available in Texas or if not is there a pay for network?

Thanks for the help
    You absolutely need to Know we beat Alabama last 2 times we played them ! We beat Ole Miss last time we played them, so ugly their fans left at halftime and they fired the coach. We were ranked in top 20 and played USC in the coliseum -- we played pretty bad first 10 minutes but toe to toe after that-- worst chant I ever sat thru during game was "overrated-overrated" --Bradshaw made a short appearance but bailed

+ Reply to Thread