+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 game-by-game predictions...

Puppy Mogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her game

2017 game-by-game predictions...

This is how I feel the 2017 season will play out...

Week 1: Sat Sep 2 - Northwestern State
    Win 38-17

Week 2: Sat Sep 9 - Mississippi State
    Win 21-20

Week 3: Sat Sep 16 - at WKU
    Loss 24-31

Week 4: Sat Sep 23 - at South Carolina
    Loss 14-38

Week 5: Sat Sep 30 - South Alabama
    Win 42-17

Week 6: Sat Oct 7 - at UAB
    Win 52-14

Week 7: Bye

Week 8: Sat Oct 21 - Southern Miss
    Win 31-28

Week 9: Sat Oct 28 - at Rice
    Win 45-10

Week 10: Sat Nov 4 - North Texas
    Win 35-24

Week 11: Sat Nov 11 - Florida Atlantic
    Win 42-21

Week 12: Sat Nov 18 - at UTEP
    Win 24-14

Week 13: Sat Nov 25 - UTSA
    Loss 21-31

Championship at WKU
    Loss 24-38

New Orleans bowl vs Arkansas State
    Win 49-31

10-4 (6-2)

What do y'all think?

I'd love to reach 10 this year. Is it possible?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: 2017 game by game predictions...

7-0 at home, 3-2 on the road, losses at WKU and USC. 10-2 regular season.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I should have my personal predictions and ELO predictions up soon. Also, I'll start work on the Sagarin ratings again.

They all should be in the range of 9-10 games. I ran some quick ELO predictions the other day and got a win total of 10.6 (although ELO isn't the best predictor for college football).

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Losing to UTSA at home would be a WTF game.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 2017 game-by-game predictions...

Here's mine ( I don't know why the original poster thinks we'll lose to UTSA at home)

9/2 NWST: Tech wins 49-10 (revenge for Skip Holtz; J'Mar and new receivers become more confident)
    9/9 MSST: Tech wins 35-24 (MSST lost to South Alabama early last year, I don't believe they will have improved greatly)
    9/16 @WKU: Tech wins 56-42 (High Scoring game, loss of WKU's Lamb & drafted receivers too much to overcome)
    9/23 @USC: Tech wins 28-13 (South Carolina's Coach is a defensive minded coach, should be able to keep their offense down)
    9/30 USA: Tech wins 49-21 (USA cannot keep up with Tech, Sun Belt= 'nuff said)
    10/7 @UAB: Tech wins 49-10 (UAB team ragged after lack of depth really starts to show; Holtz wins big as my wedding gift )
    10/21 SoMiss: Tech wins 39-13 (Tech finally overcomes 2-year slump, plays with energy to Trump rival; SoMiss's rookie QB needs new pants )
    10/28 @Rice: Tech wins 42-17 (Rice becomes more competitive, just not enough for Tech)
    11/4 UNT: Tech wins 49-21 (UNT continues to improve)
    11/11 FAU: Tech wins 56-28 (FAU shows improved offense under Kiffen, lack of defensive talent shows)
    11/18 @UTEP: Tech wins 35-17 (Hard to play in El Paso with high winds)
    11/25 UTSA: Tech wins 56-35 (Skip again tries to rub it in)

CUSA Champ: Tech wins vs. ODU 56-21 (2014 rematch & revenge)
    Access Bowl: Tech beats LSU 49-35 (not that I want LSU to be so successful, but I want to be able to beat LSU at least twice in 2018 )

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

UTSA returns lots of starters, including QB Sturm and his top 4 receivers. I don't predict we will lose to them, but I think they could be a team to keep an eye on.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    UTSA returns lots of starters, including QB Sturm and his top 4 receivers. I don't predict we will lose to them, but I think they could be a team to keep an eye on.
    Undoubtedly, but I don't believe we'll lose to them at home. I may be worried next year when we visit San Antonio though

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

The UTSA game is the last regular season home game and Senior Day. We better be motivated to win.

Varsity Bulldog collinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    The UTSA game is the last regular season home game and Senior Day. We better be motivated to win.
    Our last 2 reg. season ending games have been awful at best..

Bulldog S'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the rough

We lost 3 players to the NFL draft and have a brand new QB that only has 1 game under his belt. And unless y'all know something I don't, Blake Baker is still our Defensive Coordinator. I think our floor is 6-6 and our ceiling is 8-4.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

DISCLAIMER: numbers before the season are notoriously unreliable. Do not trust these.

The WVARA predictions are calculated by a weight of the last several seasons. During the season, I usually get about 67-75% accuracy on these.

The Elo rankings take into account the total history of a team (which can be fun to look through!). I'm not sure on their predictive accuracy but I've presented them here anyway. An average Elo is 1000. Really good teams like Alabama can reach over 2000, really bad teams like Kansas can even be negative. Tech has an Elo of 1225. We had a chance to reach our highest ranking ever (approx 1350) before prolapsing against USM. A good showing this season could make this the best Elo season ever.

Expected wins (xW-L) are simply the sum of all the win percentages. This is different from the predicted wins, which are just a count of how many games have a w% > 50%. A large difference in these two measures can indicate a significant number of close games and thus season variability.

I'm expecting the Championship game vs WKU, and the HoD vs Oklahoma State.

WVARA3 Elo
    Date Opponent w% PF PA Elo Rk w%
    Sep Sat 02 NWSt 100% 100%
    Sep Sat 09 MSSt 53% 35 35 1202 67%
    Sep Sat 16 @ W Kentucky 25% 37 46 1482 11%
    Sep Sat 23 @ S Carolina 88% 41 23 1007 66%
    Sep Sat 30 S Alabama 95% 44 23 700 97%
    Oct Sat 07 @ UAB 62% 38 33 744 90%
    Oct Sat 21 S Mississippi 71% 39 31 856 94%
    Oct Sat 28 @ Rice 93% 48 24 648 94%
    Nov Sat 04 N Texas 100% 45 18 481 99%
    Nov Sat 11 FAU 100% 44 20 507 99%
    Nov Sat 18 @ UTEP 92% 44 20 519 97%
    Nov Sat 25 UTSA 95% 40 20 762 96%
    - @ W Kentucky 25% 37 46 1482 11%
    - Oklahoma St 59% 38 35 1442 22%
    xW-L 12-2 11-3
    pW-L 10.6-3.4 10.4-3.6

I expect the actual season to be reasonable similar, with the additional of a Holtz-trademark WTF loss. This will either be vs UAB or USM.

There is literally no reason we cannot get to double digit wins in the regular season. Get it done.

Bulldog S'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    There is literally no reason we cannot get to double digit wins in the regular season. Get it done.
    1)Blake Baker

2) No Carlos Henderson and Trent Taylor

3)Blake Baker-- he's gets in twice.

Quote Originally Posted by S'PortDawg View Post
    1)Blake Baker

2) No Carlos Henderson and Trent Taylor

3)Blake Baker-- he's gets in twice.
    I meant to imply we are the only obstacle to such an acheivement. I wholeheartedly agree with you. I've no doubt BB will lose us a game or two.

I do think we will be able to reload on offense, though not to Carlos+Trent standards.

Big Dog Terence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of light Terence32's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by S'PortDawg View Post
    We lost 3 players to the NFL draft and have a brand new QB that only has 1 game under his belt. And unless y'all know something I don't, Blake Baker is still our Defensive Coordinator. I think our floor is 6-6 and our ceiling is 8-4.

lol ahhhh ok

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Looking at what we had going into 2016-17.
    1. We lost 3 players in Dixon, Butler, Driskel to the NFL.
    2. We had Ryan Higgins who was a question mark and got arrested in the off-season.
    3. Blake Baker was our DC.
    We went 9-5.

+ Reply to Thread