+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: United Nations: Get Us Out of the UN

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: United Nations: Get Us Out of the UN

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Published 12 hours ago
    Pence vows US will ask WHO 'tough questions' over how 'they could have been so wrong' about coronavirus

https://www.foxnews.com/media/mike-p...ns-coronavirus
    What did WHO get wrong? It looks like they got it more right than we did.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Go back and read. Do your own searching. The head of WHO is in China’s PR misleading and deceitful pocket big time. He owes his job and title to China as well. The UN and Who are complicate in moral and ethical crimes worldwide. The UK and other nations are PO’d big time at both!

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Go back and read. Do your own searching. The head of WHO is in China’s PR misleading and deceitful pocket big time. He owes his job and title to China as well. The UN and Who are complicate in moral and ethical crimes worldwide. The UK and other nations are PO’d big time at both!
    So I guess you can’t answer the question.

Sure seems like Trump is tying to find a scapegoat to pass his failings off on.

Big Dog MoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the rough

Really, WHO is the World Health Organization. Seems like all countries are hurting. Where exactly did they get it right?

Quote Originally Posted by MoonPieBlue View Post
    Really, WHO is the World Health Organization. Seems like all countries are hurting. Where exactly did they get it right?
    So I guess you don’t have an answer to the question either. Trump/Pence say they got it wrong. What did they get wrong? Very basic question.

Big Dog MoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the rough

So I guess you don’t have an answer to the question either. Trump/Pence say they got it wrong. What did they get wrong? Very basic question.
    Don't guess you've got an answer either what did they get right?

Oh I know. No human to human transfer.

If we believed that there was no human to human transfer of coronavirus, that is pretty stupid and defies logic.

Did they really say that?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

That's what WHO said...in....in...when was it, mid-December? Was it later? Have to look that up.

If we believed that there was no human to human transfer of coronavirus, that is pretty stupid and defies logic.

Did they really say that?
    Unless its a made up tweet, they supported China's initial response.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/who-haunted-by-old-tweet-saying-china-found-no-human-transmission-of-coronavirus/

https://twitter.com/who/status/12170...761152?lang=en

Supported or cited it? Awfully hard to read a lot into 1 of nearly 50k tweets by an organization. Interesting that Republicans don’t hold Trump’s tweets to the same standards.

Apart from a random tweet that mentioned a “Preliminary Investigation conducted by Chinese authorities”, what has the WHO gotten wrong?

Are we saying this tweet is what caused us to ignore the obvious and not take the threat seriously?

Supported or cited it? Awfully hard to read a lot into 1 of nearly 50k tweets by an organization. Interesting that Republicans don’t hold Trump’s tweets to the same standards.

Apart from a random tweet that mentioned a “Preliminary Investigation conducted by Chinese authorities”, what has the WHO gotten wrong?

Are we saying this tweet is what caused us to ignore the obvious and not take the threat seriously?
    Maybe a WHO document would be better. Stating its probably only associated with the 'wet markets'.

WHO published our first Disease Outbreak News on the new virus. This is a flagship technical publication to the scientific and public health community as well as global media. It contained a risk assessment and advice, and reported on what China had told the organization about the status of patients and the public health response on the cluster of pneumonia cases in Wuhan.

https://www.who.int/csr/don/05-janua...ause-china/en/

1/5/20 'WHO advises against the application of any travel or trade restrictions on China based on the current information available on this event.'. - Boy they were on top of things. China told us there was no problem so there must not be (duh).

'no evidence of significant human-to-human transmission' - again right on target

Here's their timeline:
    https://www.who.int/news-room/detail...ine---covid-19

I'm certain you can read between the lines better than I can to see that they were on top of everything.

Maybe a WHO document would be better. Stating its probably only associated with the 'wet markets'.

WHO published our first Disease Outbreak News on the new virus. This is a flagship technical publication to the scientific and public health community as well as global media. It contained a risk assessment and advice, and reported on what China had told the organization about the status of patients and the public health response on the cluster of pneumonia cases in Wuhan.

1/5/20 'WHO advises against the application of any travel or trade restrictions on China based on the current information available on this event.'. - Boy they were on top of things. China told us there was no problem so there must not be (duh).

'no evidence of significant human-to-human transmission' - again right on target

Here's their timeline:
    https://www.who.int/news-room/detail...ine---covid-19

I'm certain you can read between the lines better than I can to see that they were on top of everything.

Did you receive this January 5 publication?

Based on the information provided at that time, it is hard to argue that the WHO should have been advising travel restrictions.

This was very early in this outbreak and the WHO had only been given limited info at that time. They made that clear in the publication as well.

Did you receive this January 5 publication?

Based on the information provided at that time, it is hard to argue that the WHO should have been advising travel restrictions.

This was very early in this outbreak and the WHO had only been given limited info at that time. They made that clear in the publication as well.
    That's the one I cited above where they indicated no suspected human to human transfer and no travel restrictions.

I do not know enough about WHO organization when reading to determine if they didn't send anyone there to actual investigate until a couple of weeks later or whether they were just taking China's (CDC) word for it up to that point.

I understand they probably thought what they were saying was correct but I don't think you can say they had everything totally under control. If you're given bad information on which to make a decision you're probably not going to make the correct decision. They also passed that bad information along. Overall, I think most people got it wrong.

I also didn't read everything from the timeline so I don't know when everything changed. I may try to read it later on tonight.

That's the one I cited above where they indicated no suspected human to human transfer and no travel restrictions.

I do not know enough about WHO organization when reading to determine if they didn't send anyone there to actual investigate until a couple of weeks later or whether they were just taking China's (CDC) word for it up to that point.

I understand they probably thought what they were saying was correct but I don't think you can say they had everything totally under control. If you're given bad information on which to make a decision you're probably not going to make the correct decision. They also passed that bad information along. Overall, I think most people got it wrong.

I also didn't read everything from the timeline so I don't know when everything changed. I may try to read it later on tonight.
    The article said they requested more information from China and made it clear that their recommendations were based on what they were told from Chinese authorities. Certainly no rubber stamping or even endorsement - just alerting nations to an emerging issue that they had received information on and what their CURRENT assessment was based on the information they had.

The article said they requested more information from China and made it clear that their recommendations were based on what they were told from Chinese authorities. Certainly no rubber stamping or even endorsement - just alerting nations to an emerging issue that they had received information on and what their CURRENT assessment was based on the information they had.
    So as long as you 'caveat' things enough you can't be responsible for any recommendations or information that you pass on. Even if you're suppose to be the experts. The following says WHO ADVICE, not what WHO THINKS and yes I see their disclaimer.

WHO advice

Based on information provided by national authorities, WHO’s recommendations on public health measures and surveillance of influenza and severe acute respiratory infections still apply.
    WHO does not recommend any specific measures for travellers. In case of symptoms suggestive of respiratory illness either during or after travel, travellers are encouraged to seek medical attention and share travel history with their healthcare provider.
    WHO advises against the application of any travel or trade restrictions on China based on the current information available on this event.

+ Reply to Thread