+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your top Tech Football Players of all time?

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Re: What are your top Tech Football Players of all time?

Bobby Gray was fun to watch at db/safety. He loved hitting.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

In no particular order and only those I saw play...

Sean Cangelosi
    Tim Rattay
    Ryan Moats
    Troy Edwards
    Trent Taylor
    John Simon
    Luke McCown
    Jonathan Holland
    Josh Scobee
    Philip Livas
    Kenneth Dixon
    Houston Bates
    Xavier Woods
    Kentrell Brice
    Bobby Gray
    Quin Harris
    Hunter Lee
    Tramon Williams

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Have you considered those Dogs?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    One of my favorites to watch. So explosive and fast for his size!

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Bobby Gray was fun to watch at db/safety. He loved hitting.
    . Reminds me that Doug Evans won a Super Bowl ring ( and started) for Packers. Leveraged that to huge contract ..

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Imagine if DE Eric Shaw had played more than 1 season at Tech. By his senior season Shaw might have actually killed a QB / RB.
    . My stepson loved Eric-- his favorite of all time-- we drove to McNeese and he destroyed them- from end position he got a pic and went what seemed like 80 yards for TD . Still remember the nite before I-Bowl when word got out of suspension. He posted on BBB few years ago when we had a thread. He turned out to be a great person

If you don't know the Roland Harper story-- google and visit with Dog fan about him. I think he was one of our first black players along with quick six ( cant remember third). Bottom line -- NEVER lost a yard. Blew holes for quick sic and in his senior year coaches wanted him to get 1,000 year. Last game he need around 200 yards-- had it by halftime. Diktat and bears picked him with last pick in NFL draft ( 15 rounds). As a bear he started that year and played 7 years and finished in top 5 in bear history as RB. Of course he's in Tech hall of fame. Diktka tells the story that he refused to be cut and "only way I could get rid of him was in a coffin"..

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    Got to go but thanks for the thread-- brings back memories of Roland Harper - Quick Six- Denny Duron- Matt Dunnigan- Jerry Pope - etc. etc we have such a great history !
    Other than Bradshaw, my favorite all time Tech players are Glen "Boom Boom" Berteau and Bob Brunet

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Other than Bradshaw, my favorite all time Tech players are Glen "Boom Boom" Berteau and Bob Brunet
    Bob Brunet was before my time -so that makes you ancient like me-but I did have Shakespeare class under Dr Sachs -- he was already playing for Redskins so not quite sure why he was in Class but he was friendly to everyone.

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    In no particular order and only those I saw play...

Sean Cangelosi
    Tim Rattay
    Ryan Moats
    Troy Edwards
    Trent Taylor
    John Simon
    Luke McCown
    Jonathan Holland
    Josh Scobee
    Philip Livas
    Kenneth Dixon
    Houston Bates
    Xavier Woods
    Kentrell Brice
    Bobby Gray
    Quin Harris
    Hunter Lee
    Tramon Williams
    I feel Broha was just as good as Bates at DE

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Bob Brunet was before my time -so that makes you ancient like me-but I did have Shakespeare class under Dr Sachs -- he was already playing for Redskins so not quite sure why he was in Class but he was friendly to everyone.
    And I thought you were there in 1965? That was Brunet's Jr. year. Look at the You Tube highlights of the 1966 Alabama game. He was the most effective Tech guy catching passes and runnin.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

I was a wee lad when Brunet played, but I remember seeing him play. I think he was #26. I also remember seeing Mickey Slaughter play for Tech. Of course, the stadium was where, or near where, AE Phillips School is now. My daddy raised me from a very young age to be Bulldawg.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    I was a wee lad when Brunet played, but I remember seeing him play. I think he was #26. I also remember seeing Mickey Slaughter play for Tech. Of course, the stadium was where, or near where, AE Phillips School is now. My daddy raised me from a very young age to be Bulldawg.
    Yep...those wooden bleachers!!!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

My wide receivers -- before getting upset--mine is based on 3 factors---1. great Tech Career 2. Great NFL career 3. came back to coach at Tech or accomplished great things later in life after football.

Mike Barber NFL 1976-1985 Second Round draft pick (TE) - dedicated life to Prison ministry ...
    Pat Tilley NFL 1976- 1986 pro bowl awesome Tech career and coached at tech after retiring
    Roger Carr NFL 1974-1983 pro bowl -31 NFL tds and came back to coach at Tech
    Billy Ryckman NFL 1977-1983 first 2 NFL tds on Monday Night football -- had one of greatest Tech games in horrendous , freezing weather--2 late TDs against one of the mississipi teams to win

as a friend and all round great guy I think of Tommy Spinks first -- he was main man for Terry long before they came to Tech
    You probably want to reconsider Ryckman. He's evolved into a bonafide Tech hater. For that reason, he doesn't belong on any list of Tech greats IMO.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    You probably want to reconsider Ryckman. He's evolved into a bonafide Tech hater. For that reason, he doesn't belong on any list of Tech greats IMO.
    Any backstory on why Ryckman would devolve that way?

+ Reply to Thread