+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest Upsets in Tech History

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Biggest Upsets in Tech History

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    The best story about either of these clips was the one Coach Peace told at freshman orientation the following summer. He gave the talk to each group on the main floor of the student center. Hundreds of incoming students in each group.

He told the story of the Spirit of 88 and everything that happened to the program to get to that moment at the end of the CSU game. He talked about the night on that very floor during the football banquet when Dr. Reneau announced that he had received the call earlier that day from the NCAA that Tech had been granted I-A status.

After the game he said he was a few yards away on the field when the one of the goal posts came down on top of a student who hit the ground hard. He rushed over, pushed people out of the way, and leaned in over the top of the young man's forehead. "Are you ok, son? Are you ok? He said he asked the young man several times as everyone around the student quieted down. Then the young man opened his eyes, looked up at him and said, "Coach, how bout them Dawgs!"

Everyone would go wild. Even the parents of the students who attended would get up and applaud.

Tech vs. Fresno - first 30 seconds of this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yNkPUtlCGI

Tech vs. Colorado State - the 44 second mark of this clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1XHy2I_o5Q

Man...I genuinely miss our rivalry with Fresno State. That was a good, nasty, rivalry. I hated everything about 'em. I hated Hawaii too! IMO, CUSA 3.0 just doesn't compare to the WAC conference we were in.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I realize it wasn't an upset, but I think our performance against TCU in the bowl game was significant in terms of catapulting our program onto the national scene the following season.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Man...I genuinely miss our rivalry with Fresno State. That was a good, nasty, rivalry. I hated everything about 'em. I hated Hawaii too! IMO, CUSA 3.0 just doesn't compare to the WAC conference we were in.
    Nevada trumps both...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I realize it wasn't an upset, but I think our performance against TCU in the bowl game was significant in terms of catapulting our program onto the national scene the following season.
    Agreed, the same with the respect we had against Texas A&M the following year. We lost by two and only weeks later they beat that year's National Champion Bama. Makes you wonder kind of respect we would have now had we not stayed home that year and flopped in 2013, smh

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Nevada trumps both...
    Copy that, but you know, beating Fresneck's Coach Pat Hill was actually a pleasant feeling.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Nevada trumps both...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Copy that, but you know, beating Fresneck's Coach Pat Hill was actually a pleasant feeling.
    So I take it y'all would welcome H&H with Hawaii, Fresno, & Nevada?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I see a rivalry with WKU developing, and USM is a natural rival. Also, as the years roll by and CUSA doesn't change too much, I can see something developing with ODU. They already think they are too good for CUSA. That kind of arrogance tends to put targets on your backs.

We have a bunch of choices out of Texas to find a rival. Of the four, UTSA jumps out as a possible rival. We have shared conference affiliation with UTEP, UNT, and Rice in the past...opportunities to develop rivalries, yet....nada.

As for the old WAC, I find it interesting no one lists Boazy as a hated rival.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I see a rivalry with WKU developing, and USM is a natural rival. Also, as the years roll by and CUSA doesn't change too much, I can see something developing with ODU. They already think they are too good for CUSA. That kind of arrogance tends to put targets on your backs.

We have a bunch of choices out of Texas to find a rival. Of the four, UTSA jumps out as a possible rival. We have shared conference affiliation with UTEP, UNT, and Rice in the past...opportunities to develop rivalries, yet....nada.

As for the old WAC, I find it interesting no one lists Boazy as a hated rival.
    I hated Boazy but outside of a few notable exceptions they were just miles out of our league.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    Hawaii for the 13th game...

Fresno and Nevada I would have to think about
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I would. I feel like there is some history with those schools that we will lose if we don't play them some. Add Boise to the mix and I would be happy to have a home and home with any of them. Certainly wouldn't trade them for a P5 H&H, but would rather them than a MAC or sunbelt school.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I would love to get Boazy at Aillet again.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Yes, yes and yes.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, yes and yes.
    ditto

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

UMass is much more desirable. They play were the Pats play.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    UMass is much more desirable. They play were the Pats play.
    We will sign a 6-for-1 series for a $10,000 guarantee.

Where's my raise?

+ Reply to Thread