+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Upsets in Tech History

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Biggest Upsets in Tech History

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    UMass is much more desirable. They play where the Pats play.
    Well, now that PawDawg said it, hopefully our AD will do the opposite and schedule some of HogDawg's choices

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I would love to get Boazy at Aillet again.
    I never want to play Boise State again unless it's in a bowl game. ADs who schedule BSU H&H are fools, just like the ADs who continue to schedule NDSU.

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I never want to play Boise State again unless it's in a bowl game. ADs who schedule BSU H&H are fools, just like the ADs who continue to schedule NDSU.
    Why? Because they are too hard to beat? BSU isn't as dominant as they were a decade ago, but still a quality opponent. Plus, they have more name recognition than most G5s.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg28 View Post
    Why? Because they are too hard to beat? BSU isn't as dominant as they were a decade ago, but still a quality opponent. Plus, they have more name recognition than most G5s.
    ADs who sign H&Hs with Boise State have been shown to guarantee their school 2 losses probably 95% of the time. Watching games on that blue turf is painful, and there really isn't much of a media coverage or attendance boost, if any, when you get them at home. And any team that does get lucky enough to beat them once, it doesn't earn you the recognition or respect that beating a lower tier team from the Cartel would. If we schedule a Top 25 program, we better be getting PAID. BSU is the last team from the MWC I'd ever want to schedule.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I never want to play on that ugly blue turf again.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg28 View Post
    I agree, they are not the juggernaut they were in the WAC. They are still very good, and of course I wouldn't trade a P5 H&H for them, but they would be a quality win if you could get it and no worse than losing to Texas Tech or Arkansas. A lot better than losing to South Alabama or UMass.

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

I miss the WAC also. Yeah distance sucked. But we were kind of part of a group of schools that had a reputation of being ‘the Junk yard boys’ where most of the other Power 5 conferences either feared and/or respected. What I mean is that they kept lightly dismissing us but at the same time feared squaring off against us on the field.

And when these schools came to Ruston, Most of the 25K per game in our stands were our fans because we knew it could be a good fight. Boise often said that we were the most physical team they would play. Beating Fresno was generally a highlight of the season. And I hated Nevada and Kaepernick (who never graduated) for different reasons.

We were definitely different and had a distinctive relationship to the national scene when we were in the WAC.

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

Oh yeah, and then during that time I remember an article where the other coaches would distinctly say "I hate going to Ruston". LOL

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by garddawg View Post
    Oh yeah, and then during that time I remember an article where the other coaches would distinctly say "I hate going to Ruston". LOL
    Honestly, if I were the WAC after UTEP left, I would have hated travelling to Ruston too. We were 1000+ away from our nearest conference mates, and we didn't have a major airport nearby, so you would have to have at least 1 stop on your flight.

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I agree, they are not the juggernaut they were in the WAC. They are still very good, and of course I wouldn't trade a P5 H&H for them, but they would be a quality win if you could get it and no worse than losing to Texas Tech or Arkansas. A lot better than losing to South Alabama or UMass.
    Texas Tech: We got 1 loss and $800,000 for 1 game
    Arkansas: We got 1 loss and $925,000 for 1 game
    UMass: likely 2 wins + $200,000 total ticket revenue over 2 games (road game in Fall outside Boston at Pats stadium)
    South Al: likely 2 wins + $200,000 total ticket revenue over 2 games (road game in Redneck Riviera Labor Day weekend)
    Boise State: likely 2 losses + $200,000 total ticket revenue over 2 games (road game on blue turf in Idaho)

It's pretty clear which opponent offers by far the worst deal.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post

for folks not familiar-- we won the first 4 games and now they are on 9 game winning streak against us. I have been to 2 games at the ugly ass field --3 things --- their fan base is awesome, very friendly ( much like Tech fans)-- It is too cold there!! Bowl game I went to was freezing-- they left us in the dust long time ago BUT I think we would be much more competitive now. I disagree that it was "foolish" to schedule Boise in old days--we were in Wac with them and I can think of no solid program who would/will come to Ruston every other year. I do not remember a game against them after conference folded. a win against Boise would show the progress many of us believe the program has made ... granted it would be a longshot-- no glory in beating Tulane.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Could be compliment-- we here it all the time about basketball --"hate going to Ruston "-reason, we are practically unbeatable at home.

I miss the WAC also. Yeah distance sucked. But we were kind of part of a group of schools that had a reputation of being ‘the Junk yard boys’ where most of the other Power 5 conferences either feared and/or respected. What I mean is that they kept lightly dismissing us but at the same time feared squaring off against us on the field.

And when these schools came to Ruston, Most of the 25K per game in our stands were our fans because we knew it could be a good fight. Boise often said that we were the most physical team they would play. Beating Fresno was generally a highlight of the season. And I hated Nevada and Kaepernick (who never graduated) for different reasons.

We were definitely different and had a distinctive relationship to the national scene when we were in the WAC.
    well posted--WAC put serious teams in Bowl games ( except Hawaii vs Ga ) and we were not very Good in Boise bowl -- team frozen

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I never want to play on that ugly blue turf again.
    I did not see your post -- wrote the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    The video was of the Colorado State game. Goal posts went down after we beat #17 Fresno State.
    problem being old fart-- 50 plus years of going to games get mixed-did-Bradshaw once play for us?

+ Reply to Thread