+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big12 poll on Twitter - LATech

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Big12 poll on Twitter - LATech

I mean, it's still all a pipe dream.

This poll is more or less a measure of 1) how good our retweet network is and 2) how many people have heard of us. Mostly the first one.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Twitter site has 17k followers . . . so I see them as half-way legit of having such a July-style poll.

PS--Of course after I followed them, they followed me . . . so there!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post

This poll is more or less a measure of 1) how good our retweet network is and 2) how many people have heard of us. Mostly the first one.
    Of course it's probably also a measure of 3) how popular the @CFBFrontPage group is

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post

I would bet Marshall (a conference peer) and Tulane have decent and active Twitter base and folks have heard of them. However, they are both hovering between 88-92% No.

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

As long as we keep the recent trajectory in sports success, facility improvements, and academics, Good things will happen

BYU was the only other school mentioned.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by NavyBulldog1 View Post
    BYU was the only other school mentioned.
    I am very happy to see we are in the top 2 of this poll. Besides our decent tradition, and recent big sports sustained success, I imagine a big benefit to us is that we give them more access to Louisiana, Arkansas, and Mississippi (to kind of counteract the SEC's taking of Texas A&M).

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NavyBulldog1 View Post
    There are about 20 polls like this, exploring a team to add to the Big12. Almost all of them are 80-97% - NO. Only three teams are in the yes column - LATech, Boise St (comparable to our numbers) and BYU (90% yes)
    BYU would be in now if The Big 12 would guarantee them no Sunday games in any sport.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Dawg80 endorses Louisiana Tech to the Big 12.

Now, that's all anyone needs. Do it B12!

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

OK, I know this is pure speculation but I really think more people out there may think that we would make geographic sense and also at least be a competitive opponent. With what the Big 12 is facing... I would like to think that more people are realizing that pure market size teams don't mean anything if they don't bring a competitive product to the conference. Living outside of Louisiana, I know that when I mention my school most people generally don't scoff but rather go 'Oh yeah, didn't they beat so & so OR I watched them against someone else a few years ago and they nearly had them'.

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

I recognize that if this poll was sitting on the shelf next to a bag of pinto beans would still not be worth the $1.15 at Super 1. (Or Kroger or Publix in my area).

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    I am very happy to see we are in the top 2 of this poll. Besides our decent tradition, and recent big sports sustained success, I imagine a big benefit to us is that we give them more access to Louisiana, Arkansas, and Mississippi (to kind of counteract the SEC's taking of Texas A&M).
    Quote Originally Posted by garddawg View Post
    OK, I know this is pure speculation but I really think more people out there may think that we would make geographic sense and also at least be a competitive opponent. With what the Big 12 is facing... I would like to think that more people are realizing that pure market size teams don't mean anything if they don't bring a competitive product to the conference. Living outside of Louisiana, I know that when I mention my school most people generally don't scoff but rather go 'Oh yeah, didn't they beat so & so OR I watched them against someone else a few years ago and they nearly had them'.
    Agreed, my points exactly.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    BYU would be in now if The Big 12 would guarantee them no Sunday games in any sport.
    That's their fault, then. The sabbath day isn't even Sunday. Even an outsider knows that

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    The sabbath day isn't even Sunday. Even an outsider knows that
    It is for Mormon's. Hebrew's celebrated it on Saturday, but Mormon's celebrate on Sunday because of the resurrection. All Christian religions do this as well.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    It is for Mormon's. Hebrew's celebrated it on Saturday, but Mormon's celebrate on Sunday because of the resurrection. All Christian religions do this as well.
    Thanks for clarifying. They really worry over there at BYU. I remember they kicked that basketball player off the team for pre-maritial sex

+ Reply to Thread