+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to Watch College Football Without Paying For Cable TV

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

Re: How to Watch College Football Without Paying For Cable TV

Sigh.... stadium on twitter it is.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Thanks man! Do I have any need for cable TV? I have my internet/TV through SuddenLink and am thinking about cutting down to internet only. I want to be sure before I do it. The only things I REALLY care to watch are sports and local/national news. My family likes some of the TV series but I noticed they usually watch them on Netflix.
    Keep in mind this is the last year of our current TV contract, and they haven't finalized this year's viewing schedule nor released any of the basketball or baseball schedules.

Games on cable networks like ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/SECN/CBSSN (vs. MSST, at SCAR, vs. UTSA, C-USA Champ, bowl) will require some sort of premium subscription other than just internet. According to Sportdawg's post, it looks like Hulu or YouTube TV would be your best cable alternatives to watch Tech games on those cable channels without cable. Apple TV has apps for all those.

Games on Stadium, ESPN3, SECN+, and ACCDN (at WKU, vs. USM, vs. FAU) you can get for free with just your internet subscription. Those have Apple TV apps (WatchESPN) except for Stadium.

The remaining football games (vs. NWST, vs. SOAL, at UAB, at Rice, vs. UNT, at UTEP) will most likely either be on ESPN3 or CUSA.tv. CUSA.tv requires a premium subscription.

You can stream our games on Stadium and CUSA.tv by AirPlaying them to your TV through Apple TV and either your Apple computer, iPad, or iPhone.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

The great thing about cutting the cord is you pay for what you want. You can usually get a free trial of the streaming services, so if Tech is on CBS Sports - sign up for a free trial of Hulu and make sure you cancel after the game.

I cut the cord slowly. I started with a Roku to see how it worked. Then I bought an antenna for the local channels. My wife & I love our TV Shows, so I bought a Tablo to record the shows off our antenna. I did a bunch of research on OTA (Over the Air) DVRs before purchasing. There are up-front costs - but those were quickly made up after canceling my $120 DirecTV bill.

Then I did a Free Trial of Sling & Playstation Vue and I preferred PS Vue.

There are lots of FREE "Channels" or apps that you can get for the National News - even free apps for Local News.

This is a quick estimate of what I saved in the last year.

DirecTV + $1440 savings
    PS Vue - 420
    Tablo & Storage - 250
    Antenna & Mount - $50
    Savings - $720. It should be close to $1000 a year from now on.

That does not take into account the Streaming Device and internet - both of which I already had and would have had.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Due to limited ISPs over here I can't justify it yet.

My cost for Comcast (all sports packages and 75 Mbps) is $169ish.

I can keep my 75Mbps internet service for $90/mo. Saving $79/mo, but I have to get set up on the various providers in addition to a reliable antenna.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

YouTube TV is now availabe in Houston & DFW.
    http://cordcuttersnews.com/youtube-t...0-new-markets/
    Back in June YouTube TV announced 10 new markets would be added. Well, today these markets went live and include Phoenix, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Alabama, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne, Atlanta, Charlotte, Washington, D.C., Detroit, and Minneapolis-St. Paul.
    Thes markets join the markets YouTube TV was already available in including San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, and Chicago.
    YouTube TV subscribers will be able to watch YouTube TV on smartphones, tablets, and laptop computers. You can use Chromecast or Air Play to cast YouTube TV to compatible devices.
    Sadly no apps for Roku, Fire TV, Android TV and Apple TV.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by collinellis View Post
    Does anyone use or have a recomendation for an affordable antenna to use at tailgates? Want to pick up local channels. Thanks in advance,
    To revisit this, I remember we used to get very poor reception in Ruston from over the air broadcasts - even Monroe was poor. Then we got a tall CATV -- kind of like cable to one tall antenna -- and could then get better good reception. It had something to do with the line of sight FM broadcasts and the antennae weren't high enough to reach down around the hills to Ruston. So I wonder if any regular antenna would work now in Ruston. If they have higher antennae now or more powerful transmitters this may not be a problem.

Playstation Vue has just added a Sports Package

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017...s-for-10month/

or a $10/month add-on to your monthly Core, Elite, or Ultra plan, the new PlayStation Vue Sports Pack includes the following channels available nationwide:
    • NFL RedZone (Sept – Dec)
    • MLB Strike Zone (During regular MLB season)
    • ESPN Bases Loaded (During NCAA college baseball championship)
    • ESPN Classic (On Demand)
    • ESPN Goal Line (During regular college football season)
    • Longhorn Network
    • Outside TV
    • NESN National (regional sports network national feed)
    • NBCUniversal regional sports networks (national feeds):
      • CSN Chicago
      • CSN Mid-Atlantic
      • CSN New England
      • CSN Northwest
      • CSN Philadelphia
      • NBC Sports Bay Area
      • NBC Sports CA

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post

or a $10/month add-on to your monthly Core, Elite, or Ultra plan, the new PlayStation Vue Sports Pack includes the following channels available nationwide:
    • Longhorn Network
    • Outside TV
      • CSN Chicago
      • CSN Mid-Atlantic
      • CSN New England
      • CSN Northwest
      • CSN Philadelphia
      • NBC Sports Bay Area
      • NBC Sports CA
    That's what my 74 year old father is using and he is please with it...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post

• Longhorn Network
    • Outside TV
      • CSN Chicago
      • CSN Mid-Atlantic
      • CSN New England
      • CSN Northwest
      • CSN Philadelphia
      • NBC Sports Bay Area
      • NBC Sports CA
    There was a post on corscutter news that live sports wouldn't be available- however I believe they just mean MLB, NBA, NHL.

We still don't know if STADIUM games will be on any of those

Corscutter = cordcutter

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Anyone know about Kodi on a Fire Stick?
    Will I be able to watch games using it?

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    Anyone know about Kodi on a Fire Stick?
    Will I be able to watch games using it?
    I don't know anything about Kodi

DirecTV Now added CBS Sports

http://www.multichannel.com/news/con...medium=twitter

In addition to gaining carriage of live local CBS feeds in select markets, the carriage agreement also covers The CW, Pop, CBS Sports Network and Showtime.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

So Disney announced that in addition to their own streaming service, to compete with Netflix in 2019, they will also start a ESPiN streaming service. Should roll out next year.

+ Reply to Thread