+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ole Miss HFB coach resigns

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Ole Miss HFB coach resigns

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Why do we have thread titles on this board?

SMH
    Yes... but they are merely suggestions.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Which social or political issues to you consider yourself to be "in the middle" on?
    your mom.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BOPdawg View Post
    You're right it does. Why haven't all these egg-head climate scientists taking that into account? Surely, they wouldn't have published over 13,000 studies in support of human caused global warming without thinking of that tidbit... Or, perhaps they have. They have found to be a pattern of climate change over the past 400,000 years - and we have broken that pattern. we should be heading into the next small Ice-age (or cooling period) but, were not. We're warming and not only that - we're accelerating in that warming. I'm not a tree hugger. just a realist. But you're coming across as an ostrich with his head planted in the ground.

And - redistribution scam???? This makes no sense at all. Can you breakdown the economic mechanics of how such a scam would work?

You have to realize that the energy landscape is changing. We, as a country, can either hop on board so we can lead the effort (like we have with every advancement eg., industrial revolution, and the informational revolution) or, be left behind and let China and Germany soak up the entire fledging industry and every one of the extremely well-paying jobs that go with it. That is what I'm protecting. Not a tree. But the future economy and the jobs with it.

Clean air, drinkable water and unpolluted hunting/fishing grounds would be nice bonus
    You keep saying global warming, but you liberals had to change that to climate change because global warming was a hoax.

Here are the record high temps for every state in the US. Notice anything?

https://www.infoplease.com/science-h...eratures-state

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

You're right it does. Why haven't all these egg-head climate scientists taking that into account? Surely, they wouldn't have published over 13,000 studies in support of human caused global warming without thinking of that tidbit... Or, perhaps they have. They have found to be a pattern of climate change over the past 400,000 years - and we have broken that pattern. we should be heading into the next small Ice-age (or cooling period) but, were not. We're warming and not only that - we're accelerating in that warming. I'm not a tree hugger. just a realist. But you're coming across as an ostrich with his head planted in the ground.

And - redistribution scam???? This makes no sense at all. Can you breakdown the economic mechanics of how such a scam would work?

You have to realize that the energy landscape is changing. We, as a country, can either hop on board so we can lead the effort (like we have with every advancement eg., industrial revolution, and the informational revolution) or, be left behind and let China and Germany soak up the entire fledging industry and every one of the extremely well-paying jobs that go with it. That is what I'm protecting. Not a tree. But the future economy and the jobs with it.

Clean air, drinkable water and unpolluted hunting/fishing grounds would be nice bonus
    Here is a little more data for you.

https://www.epa.gov/climate-indicato...al-temperature

Since the late 70's the average temp in the US has risen an average of less than 0.50 degrees F per decade, so that's less than 5 degrees in a hundred years. And I have yet to see any legitimate proof of what has actually caused that increase. It could be part of a natural cycle.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

As my new Ole Piss son-in-law says, "At least we still have The Grove."

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

The cost per KW hour to produce wind/solar power is greater than conventional forms of power, so electricity rates go up. But only productive, working people will pay for the increase. All others are/or will be subsidized.

The gov't has continued to over-regulate conventional power sources, charging absurd fines and penalties in order to steal that money and give it to wind/solar. Remember Solyndra? That is re-distribution.

Hell, even ethanol. Producing it creates more CO2 than using it eliminates.

The scams are too numerous to list here.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    The cost per KW hour to produce wind/solar power is greater than conventional forms of power, so electricity rates go up. But only productive, working people will pay for the increase. All others are/or will be subsidized.

The gov't has continued to over-regulate conventional power sources, charging absurd fines and penalties in order to steal that money and give it to wind/solar. Remember Solyndra? That is re-distribution.

I want fusion reactors!

Puppy BOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her game

Here is a little more data for you.

https://www.epa.gov/climate-indicato...al-temperature

Since the late 70's the average temp in the US has risen an average of less than 0.50 degrees F per decade, so that's less than 5 degrees in a hundred years. And I have yet to see any legitimate proof of what has actually caused that increase. It could be part of a natural cycle.
    Your link doesn't support your argument as well as you think it does. Everyone one of those readings has occurred AFTER the industrial revolution began.

5 Degrees! in less 100 hundred years! How do you not see the significance of that? That is unprecedented. And all measurements show it is only accelerating. The next five degrees will be over only 20 years. Here is a more informative graphic than your link (shows the trend from year to year and goes back over a 1000 years). Climate scientist call it the "hockey stick graph". Check it out.

And I have yet to see any legitimate proof of what has actually caused that increase. It could be part of a natural cycle.
    I would wager because you haven't even looked. Really ask yourself that. Take a moment for self-reflection. Have you really expended the engergy to read and understand the very science you claim is wrong? There are over 13,000 scientific publication in peer-reviewed journals, and with the power of google you would be able to find it as easily as my 12-year-old nephew. You graduated from our fine school - can I ask what your major was? how about your current occupation? Is either closely related to climate science? Again, I would wager a 'No'. Like I mentioned to you before, Over 97% of climate scientists, whose job it is to study this very area, many are much smarter than me and you, and yet they have come to the conclusion. It is real. It is man-made.

Puppy BOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her gameBOPdawg is on top of his/her game

You are mentioning the scams of subsidization of the industries. That comes with the government handing money to any industry - Which is why I actually agree with you on that. But, it doesn't show how Climate Science is a scam. Which is more believable - that thousands upon thousands of scientist are in cahoots to orchestrate major legislative changes with very little personal gain for themselves, or ingrained rich oil monopolies and billionaires trying to maintain their own profit margins? I would follow the money and find who has much more to lose. Big oil.

Your link doesn't support your argument as well as you think it does. Everyone one of those readings has occurred AFTER the industrial revolution began.

5 Degrees! in less 100 hundred years! How do you not see the significance of that? That is unprecedented. And all measurements show it is only accelerating. The next five degrees will be over only 20 years. Here is a more informative graphic than your link (shows the trend from year to year and goes back over a 1000 years). Climate scientist call it the "hockey stick graph". Check it out.

I would wager because you haven't even looked. Really ask yourself that. Take a moment for self-reflection. Have you really expended the engergy to read and understand the very science you claim is wrong? There are over 13,000 scientific publication in peer-reviewed journals, and with the power of google you would be able to find it as easily as my 12-year-old nephew. You graduated from our fine school - can I ask what your major was? how about your current occupation? Is either closely related to climate science? Again, I would wager a 'No'. Like I mentioned to you before, Over 97% of climate scientists, whose job it is to study this very area, many are much smarter than me and you, and yet they have come to the conclusion. It is real. It is man-made.
    I can find as much science to support my position as you can yours. One example is attached.

http://objectivescience.net/truth-climate-change/

Surely you know that the "hockey stick" graph methodology was found to be seriously flawed and exposed as a fraud to such an extent that the IPCC dropped it from it's 2001 report.

I am semi-retired and probably read a lot more than you do. But I don't have to waste my time reading to know a fraud when I see it. That comes with experience.

Remember what I said, I acknowledge climate change, but not that human activity plays a major role.

Run along and play now you condescending prick.

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

The NCAA can not nor will not (even try to) give the death penalty to a A5 school. It still benefits the big schools to have the NCAA, right now, but don't think they aren't maneuvering in shadows to replace the NCAA one day. Much like how Supreme Chancellor Valorum was stunned and removed from office by Senator Palpatine.

I know there are a lot of sec homers on here but I personally enjoy watching them get black eyes. Not a fan of the sec and that means the instate school too.
    Last edited by Wade_Antley; 07-26-2017 at 10:06 PM.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    The NCAA can not nor will not (even try to) give the death penalty to a A5 school. It still benefits the big schools to have the NCAA, right now, but don't think they aren't maneuvering in shadows to replace the NCAA one day. Much like how Supreme Chancellor Valorum was stunned and removed from office by Senator Palpatine.

I know there are a lot of sec homers on here but I personally enjoy watching them get black eyes.
    My lord... is that... legal?

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    My lord... is that... legal?
    He made it legal.

I can find as much science to support my position as you can yours.
    No, you can't. There simply is not enough peer-reviewed articles that support your position. And, the link you posted isn't a from a study, publication or scientific journal. It's a blog post. Not even close to being the same.

Surely you know that the "hockey stick" graph methodology was found to be seriously flawed and exposed as a fraud to such an extent that the IPCC dropped it from it's 2001 report.
    The original yes. The revised, which has been confirmed by many subsequent studies and presented here (note the year on the graph, it's after 2001) It also uses a variety of different sources including corals, stalagmites, tree rings, boreholes and ice cores as their basis for measurements (where the original study only used one). All reach the same conclusion.

I am semi-retired and probably read a lot more than you do. But I don't have to waste my time reading to know a fraud when I see it. That comes with experience.
    That's great. I hope you get to go fishing more than I do. I assume, since you didn't answer the question, that you don't have a degree in climate science or anything close to it. Nor do you work in the field of climate science. So, suffice to say you do not have the expertise nor the experience to dispute the consensus from the scientific community that climate change is man made. But hey, you're well read by your own admission and know a fraud when you see one - that has to count for something. Maybe that's what 97% of climate scientists are missing... Your gut feeling.

Run along and play now you condescending prick.
    OK, pleasure talking to you.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Must be the offseason! Pawlitics leaking into the football board. :P

+ Reply to Thread