+ Reply to Thread

Thread: R-22 Freon

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

R-22 Freon

Anyone know a reputable, low-cost source for R-22?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: R-22 Freon

Catastrophe averted. Turns out system only lost a smidgen of Freon and my A/C service company recharged it for no additional cost (other than their service call). One of the benefits of owning 20 A/C units and being a cash customer. They want to keep my business.

But, that does not mean I will not have this issue in the future. Most of my units....like 14 of them, are still older models using R-22. I need a low-cost source. For instance, this unit today, had it lost all of its Freon would have cost $1,800 to recharge.

Thanks to morons like saltydawg and algore R-22 has been discontinued, or the manufacture of it. It still exists in low (and thus very expensive) quantities in the primary market, and in very limited supply in the secondary market (Freon removed from units being taken out of service). By 2020, under current EPA regs, you won't be able to recharge units with R-22 anymore, by law. Even if you can still get it by then. Of course, someone....oh, I dunno, maybe Prez Trump can reverse this stupidity before then. Why he hasn't already, together with the GOP-controlled Congress, I can't say. Unless...it's because they are all on the take from the manufacturers of A/C equipment and the R-410 Freon....ya think!

I just replaced an entire system at one of my properties, and got a good deal on a 5-ton Lennox for just $5,700. That system usually runs $7,200, but as I said, the A/C company wants to keep my business. Now, what about folks who are not as fortunate as me and paying say $6,000+ by 2020 represents a financial hardship? It's tough not to have A/C in the South and in other parts of the country. Typical libtard policy that supposedly is for YOUR own good but that hurts many Americans.

Oh, I know! some democrap will propose a taxpayer funded supplement program where "the poor" can get vouchers toward the cost of replacing A/C units.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

HVAC Mark-ups are crazy.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Anyone know a reputable, low-cost source for R-22?
    You might want to do a little reading on 407c refrigerant. It can be used in place of r-22 with a few adjustments.

+ Reply to Thread