+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Football. Single Game Tickets on Sale for @LATechFB - latechsports.com

Hybrid View

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Football. Single Game Tickets on Sale for @LATechFB - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Although season tickets are still available, Louisiana Tech began selling single game tickets Tuesday for the program-record seven home Bulldog football games at Joe Aillet Stadium.

More...

Discuss it here.

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Re: Football. Single Game Tickets on Sale for @LATechFB - latechsports.com

Seven home games is not TECHnically a program record. For the Joe, yes. But before the Joe was built we had 7+ at least twice.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg28 View Post
    Seven home games is not TECHnically a program record. For the Joe, yes. But before the Joe was built we had 7+ at least twice.
    I am curious. What years?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    1AA playoff days I assume. Our AD was not born yet, so those years didn't happen.

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar

For the Mississippi State game, I see that prices are $25-40 instead of the all-$40 tickets for the previous Mississippi State home game.

However, I am surprised to see Tech sell general admission tickets for that game. I would have expected all reserved.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDawg View Post
    For the Mississippi State game, I see that prices are $25-40 instead of the all-$40 tickets for the previous Mississippi State home game.

However, I am surprised to see Tech sell general admission tickets for that game. I would have expected all reserved.
    I hope Tech always keeps the east side ticket policy of general admission for those sections. We pack 'em in there. There are more people than actual seats in those sections, and that will be even more so for the Miss State game. And I love it! I stand the whole game....and although I pay for it the next day with aching knees, and sometimes my hip bothers me a little, it's worth it to me. I've been attending games at Aillet since 1976 and have always stood in those student sections.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

double face palm......dang Tech

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Red out for S Miss. I've seen that episode before

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

They have rewarded season ticket holders by discounting the lowest priced season tickets to $14 which is $7 less than the singel game tickets. That's a first.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

It'll be awesome when we reach the level of selling reserved tickets only. Keeps visitors in their spots when the stadium nears capacity.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    It'll be awesome when we reach the level of selling reserved tickets only. Keeps visitors in their spots when the stadium nears capacity.
    Where exactly are you in the east side chaos? I generally am around the South 40 to maybe toward the 45 a little, at the top of that lower section. Great view of the game from there.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Where exactly are you in the east side chaos? I generally am around the South 40 to maybe toward the 45 a little, at the top of that lower section. Great view of the game from there.
    I rarely do sidelines. I watch from under the goalposts. See more eyeballs running towards me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I rarely do sidelines. I watch from under the goalposts. See more eyeballs running towards me.
    I knew that already. Sorry, but I kind of baited you into saying something. You posted you wish for the day ALL our seating is sold as reserved seats. I don't. No matter how big, successful Tech FB might become I want to see the General Admission sections remain at Aillet. Obviously, the east side madness is no concern of yours because you are not part of that tradition. I am, and have been for 41 years now. Yeah, maybe as a student you were also an East Sider, but you are no longer, which is true of most of the regulars on this forum.

Not knocking you, TM, and I apologize for the ole bait thingy. But, when you posted that about all reserved seating, it struck a nerve. The East Side is crazy! It is madness! Standing the whole game. Packed in like sardines! The students are great! They are into the game (for the most part...some spend too much time texting on their phones). I stand near the top of the lower section. Often on the last row. Many times I am by myself as far as who went to the game with me. But, very quickly I strike up conversations with the "kids" (students) around me and we talk football. Our "kids" these Tech students are great. They are polite, considerate. And are there to have a good time cheering on the Dawgs. I love it!

Let's embrace this Aillet tradition. We don't need to follow what others have done to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I knew that already. Sorry, but I kind of baited you into saying something. You posted you wish for the day ALL our seating is sold as reserved seats. I don't. No matter how big, successful Tech FB might become I want to see the General Admission sections remain at Aillet. Obviously, the east side madness is no concern of yours because you are not part of that tradition. I am, and have been for 41 years now. Yeah, maybe as a student you were also an East Sider, but you are no longer, which is true of most of the regulars on this forum.

Not knocking you, TM, and I apologize for the ole bait thingy. But, when you posted that about all reserved seating, it struck a nerve. The East Side is crazy! It is madness! Standing the whole game. Packed in like sardines! The students are great! They are into the game (for the most part...some spend too much time texting on their phones). I stand near the top of the lower section. Often on the last row. Many times I am by myself as far as who went to the game with me. But, very quickly I strike up conversations with the "kids" (students) around me and we talk football. Our "kids" these Tech students are great. They are polite, considerate. And are there to have a good time cheering on the Dawgs. I love it!

Let's embrace this Aillet tradition. We don't need to follow what others have done to be successful.
    Hey, I'm right there with you. I spent my first season in the eastside stands before joining the Fourth Estate. Shoot I spent my first game there as a high school senior visitor. Wow!

And . . . I have absolutely no problem with what you're saying. Eastside is a special arena for Tech.

But, HOWEVER, when I see "visitors" occupying prime Bulldog territory it does grate on me.

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I believe 1937 was the last time. We hosted Oklahoma City, Illinois Wesleyan, Millsaps, Southern Miss, USL, South Dakota, and Centenary. Could have been 8 if NSU was home instead of neutral.

In 1910 we played 7 games, all home. In 1913 we also had 7 home games, starting with LSU. 7 in 1908, as well.

The kicker though is 1907. We hosted Monroe AC twice, Ouachita Baptist, NSU, Henderson State, Ruston AC, Jackson Barracks, Arkansas College, and Mississippi College for 9 total home games. Now, this is from Wikipedia and apparently we hosted Monroe AC twice and won 11-0 both times so maybe we only played once, but that's still 8.

I think that's it, but it's very possible I missed some.

So again, 7 home games is a record for the Joe, but not for Tech.

+ Reply to Thread