+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Football. LA Tech Football Practice Report: Saturday, Aug. 12 - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Football. LA Tech Football Practice Report: Saturday, Aug. 12 - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech reached the halfway point of fall camp on Saturday as the Bulldogs spent two hours on the field at Joe Aillet Stadium for what was the team’s first scrimmage since reporting to campus two weeks ago.

More...

Discuss it here.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Football. LA Tech Football Practice Report: Saturday, Aug. 12 - latechsports.com

I will only mention the things that impressed me most. Overall, this is a quality product--organized, efficient practice; extremely athletic and physically imposing personnel, pressbox balances out the stadium (in terms of DAC, Dawgzilla, and Turf) into a unified, sharp facility.

As for offensive skill, it is abundant and widespread. Veal beat the best corners (Robertson, Spencer, and Roberson) who matched up with him. I would really consider letting him have Taylor's role (in the slot) because he can get open and make plays consistently. Powell showed something, Tarzan is a mixed bag, Gaines is electric but not automatic. Veal is the only automatic receiver imo so he needs to play where he gets the most action. I noticed Oliver making a play. Seems like I always notice Oliver making a play in fall camp (for a few years now). I don't think Hebert is ready. I do think Scott is ready. Wilson has trouble catching the ball. Belton does too.

At RB, its Craft and Scott. Holley fumbles in traffic.

At DB, I like Robertson in terms of coverage. Spencer also showed well. Roberson can cover anybody but Veal and seems to understand the position much better. Sneed does not seem to understand the position much better. Both Sneed and Hurt got picks but only because Elliot floated the ball a bit--both times the receivers were open but had to come back to the ball. I don't think Hurt is physically ready to play. I do think Andrews is ready to play.

As for the qb's, Smith is composed and confident. He's not flawless but he is very good. Elliot is capable, reminds me of Cameron's back-up (Hebert?) after Isham left. Cox is smooth and coordinated, he's an interesting addition.

I thought the punting was bad. I only recall one good punt and they weren't even being rushed. I would let the Aussie rugby kick or just run because he is an athlete. But he looks uncomfortable when he punts traditionally.

The DL is salty! Wallace will be a difference maker, no doubt. Bradford is stout. Davenport is crafty. The ends are very good.

This practice wasn't the best for analyzing LB's but they look ok. I was impressed by Durman's improvement, he's gotten better. I wish I could've seen Cleveland. We will be improved there, no doubt.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this team make a major splash. They are young, but they seem hungry. Lots of enthusiasm and energy. Lots of talent. I am pumped!!
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Football. LA Tech Football Practice Report: Saturday, Aug. 12 - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I will only mention the things that impressed me most. Overall, this is a quality product--organized, efficient practice; extremely athletic and physically imposing personnel, pressbox balances out the stadium (in terms of DAC, Dawgzilla, and Turf) into a unified, sharp facility.

As for offensive skill, it is abundant and widespread. Veal beat the best corners (Robertson, Spencer, and Roberson) who matched up with him. I would really consider letting him have Taylor's role (in the slot) because he can get open and make plays consistently. Powell showed something, Tarzan is a mixed bag, Gaines is electric but not automatic. Veal is the only automatic receiver imo so he needs to play where he gets the most action. I noticed Oliver making a play. Seems like I always notice Oliver making a play in fall camp (for a few years now). I don't think Hebert is ready. I do think Scott is ready. Wilson has trouble catching the ball. Belton does too.

At RB, its Craft and Scott. Holley fumbles in traffic.

At DB, I like Robertson in terms of coverage. Spencer also showed well. Roberson can cover anybody but Veal and seems to understand the position much better. Sneed does not seem to understand the position much better. Both Sneed and Hurt got picks but only because Elliot floated the ball a bit--both times the receivers were open but had to come back to the ball. I don't think Hurt is physically ready to play. I do think Andrews is ready to play.

As for the qb's, Smith is composed and confident. He's not flawless but he is very good. Elliot is capable, reminds me of Cameron's back-up (Hebert?) after Isham left. Cox is smooth and coordinated, he's an interesting addition.

I thought the punting was bad. I only recall one good punt and they weren't even being rushed. I would let the Aussie rugby kick or just run because he is an athlete. But he looks uncomfortable when he punts traditionally.

The DL is salty! Wallace will be a difference maker, no doubt. Bradford is stout. Davenport is crafty. The ends are very good.

This practice wasn't the best for analyzing LB's but they look ok. I was impressed by Durman's improvement, he's gotten better. I wish I could've seen Cleveland. We will be improved there, no doubt.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this team make a major splash. They are young, but they seem hungry. Lots of enthusiasm and energy. Lots of talent. I am pumped!!
    Thanks for the player practice update, boxer. You didn't mention Kameron McKnight (6'2",222). He's a RS Junior now and should be ready to play. Did he do anything to impress?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Thanks for the player practice update, boxer. You didn't mention Kameron McKnight (6'2",222). He's a RS Junior now and should be ready to play. Did he do anything to impress?
    Not really but Skip called it a "personnel" scrimmage by which they can determine who will make the travel roster, maybe that's why he wasn't featured more. I will say this, Belton and Wilson are every bit as big as McKnight. Neither of them showed enough to displace him. Hebert was also targeted a couple of times and couldn't make a play (he was out leveraged by a diminutive Roland Dunn on a deep ball).

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

BoxerDawg,, thanks for the scrimmage up-dates
    and your player evaluations!
    If they got my buddy fired up, we should all be fired up!

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Thanks, boxer for the update.....VERY WELL DONE and INFORMATIVE!!

Another thing that caught my attention is that when the "3's" were in, there was not a lapse of interest from the other players. In fact, I saw some guys get reps with the 3's and the 1's. The difference in talent between our 3's and 1's is marginal at just about every position, and it usually relates to experience. This is the first time I can see the recruiting classes coming in like waves at just about every position. It's an even distribution, not particularly top heavy or bottom heavy. There are a couple of plug in's here and there, but it seems to be the result of systemic talent evaluation and recruiting.

BTW, I'm glad to keep yall updated! you're welcome

+ Reply to Thread