+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Backup Quarter Back

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Backup Quarter Back

Hearing that qb play in camp has been less than stellar....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    That's sorta the impression I'm getting as well. It's probably as attributable to what just went out the door as anything else though. We lose a guy who can physically beat most one-on-one coverage and another guy who's crafty and quick enough to make plays so that even when he was covered he really wasn't. I expect more ball control this year on offense, we'll try to walk the ball down the field with nickels and dimes rather than trying to cash in on payday plays. I've heard Veal and Watts are ahead of the pack in terms of beating man-on-man coverage. I'm not sure how to take that as it relates to Watts--either he has dedicated himself to becoming a dominant receiver OR he's simply better than most we have left at this point. We've seen that Craft is a viable receiving target and seen flashes from McKnight, Bonnette, and Gaines in game action but that was when we had 2 NFL caliber receivers playing. Of course, Veal proved himself at Tulane. Another difference is that Smith can run with speed and power so he's more than a scrambler but I'm not sure how many times they will want to emphasize that option at this point.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Big Dog Terence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of light Terence32's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    That's sorta the impression I'm getting as well. It's probably as attributable to what just went out the door as anything else though. We lose a guy who can physically beat most one-on-one coverage and another guy who's crafty and quick enough to make plays so that even when he was covered he really wasn't. I expect more ball control this year on offense, we'll try to walk the ball down the field with nickels and dimes rather than trying to cash in on payday plays. I've heard Veal and Watts are ahead of the pack in terms of beating man-on-man coverage. I'm not sure how to take that as it relates to Watts--either he has dedicated himself to becoming a dominant receiver OR he's simply better than most we have left at this point. We've seen that Craft is a viable receiving target and seen flashes from McKnight, Bonnette, and Gaines in game action but that was when we had 2 NFL caliber receivers playing. Of course, Veal proved himself at Tulane. Another difference is that Smith can run with speed and power so he's more than a scrambler but I'm not sure how many times they will want to emphasize that option at this point.

In the latest practice video you can see Amik#21 locking down Watts step for step. This kid is going to be really dam good.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Maybe a combo of new recievers, only one QB with playing time, and new talented defensive players.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Terence32 View Post
    In the latest practice video you can see Amik#21 locking down Watts step for step. This kid is going to be really dam good.
    I've heard he needs to gain some more strength (to improve his jamming skills) to become elite. Glad we have Hester for that!

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Just saw one practice but JMar looked outstanding to me and im usually fairly critical. The backup is Westin Elliot #10 and he has looked good. I haevent seen Elijah Walker but I have heard he looks very good, just needs time in the system. There are two other walkon QB's. I think we are in good hands with Elliot. He had command of the offense and made all the throws. JMar is going to turn some heads this year.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to me that J'Mar has demonstrated more on-the-field promise going into a season than any other qb since Colby Cameron. Comparisons to Stallworth with regards to premature optimism are absurd. By the Arkansas game alone, Smith earned serious consideration to be named the starter last year! Even with Higgins playing as well as he did, I thought we'd have an upgrade the position this season. That's not a dis on Higgins because he proved to be a really good player his last year. That said, do yall remember what Higgins looked like in clean-up roles the previous year? Compare that to what Smith looked like in his mop-ups last year. Then, add to that the theory that Arkansas was probably the best team we played last year (defensively).
    Have you considered those Dogs?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    So...is Walker the only other QB on scholarship?
    No. Smith, Elliott, and Walker are all on scholarship now.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Gonna take time for offence to gel. Glad NSU is first game and not MSU. Eventually our receiving play maker will emerge. Im not worried about running game - it should be fine but we will need balance. Then there is the 3rd element and that's J'Mars feet. If we can get all three components working I like our chances of being a good offence. We should make tremendous improvement from NSU to MSU, hopefully our defence will be solid this year so our offence can have some time to mature.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    No. Smith, Elliott, and Walker are all on scholarship now.
    Thanks.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread