+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Driskel Looking Good

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Jeff Driskel Looking Good

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I think it's a little deeper than that. Jeff Driskel was literally washed up before arriving at LA Tech. I still remember people on the CUSA board laughing at the fact that some of us LA Tech fans were excited about Driskel's transfer. Even they thought he was washed up.

With this in mind, there should be a very special place in Driskel's heart for LA Tech. It literally changed his life for the better. Just like it did for so many of us. The Univ of Florida didn't do that for him.
    Well said.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    Same peeps that are OK with rooting for that big school in Baton Rouge.
    Oh balogna. If I were to go take graduate courses at Arkansas I wouldn't forfeit my Bulldog status.

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Driskel is both a Gator and a Bulldog. He can love both schools. He is a UF graduate, after all.

After I graduate Tech this year (knock on wood), I will likely be going to some other school. I will become a fan of that school. I will simultaneously still be a Tech fan.

The idea that Driskel has to choose one over the other is absurd.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I am a graduate of both Tech and University of Houston. I am only mildly interested in the Cougars. I have never been to a Cougar game except when they were playing Tech. What does Techdawg28 think about Tech graduates who attend LSU grad/law/med school? Can they have divided loyalties, too? One of my best high school friends graduated with me at Tech and then went on to get his MS at LSU. I honestly don't know if he is a Tigger fan, but he proudly wears his Tech ring.

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Florida's coach may also just have been trying to gain favor with a future possible donor. I'm happy with what Driskel has done for us here.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BearDawg137 View Post
    Florida's coach may also just have been trying to gain favor with a future possible donor. I'm happy with what Driskel has done for us here.
    I am lucky in that there is no football competition with the schools I have attended. I went to Tech, Southern, and UT Arlington. Even did a small stint at Texas Tech, which would be the only football interest outside of the our real Tech. Saying that, all of those are a VERY VERY second school for me. I am 3 generation Tech (and with my son and Niece, it is 4) and I went to Tech right out of high school. Louisiana Tech is the only school I follow and consider mine. I would think if I played football at a school that didn't play me and, then, went to a school where I excelled, I would be almost solely a follower of the school that gave me a chance. I bet Jeff follows Florida, but will give Tech all the credit and consider it his.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Im in a PhD at Arkansas right now. I only went to one game last year - guess which one. Probably will go to more this year.

I feel good when the Pigs win. I dont feel too bad when they lose.

I feel great when Tech wins! I feel horrible when Tech loses.

I dont care who Driskel roots for as long as he and the media acknowledge that he would be nothing without Tech. I'm sure our athletic department is committed to outreach to our former athletes to ensure this will be the case. (Thats a sad, sad joke)

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I graduated from Tech and then from UALR. I have a Trojans tshirt and might attend 1-2 bball games each winter.

I'd say my UALR fandom represents roughly 2-3% of my interest in Tech athletics. I think it's nice when they do well, but I certainly don't check their message board 2-3x each day.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

As a student, Jeff probably love Florida. As a football player, it's prob wasn't the best part of his college career from all the boos and hate he received. As noted by SI article, his mom had to wear headphones at the games to block out the obnoxious hateful stuff coming out of Florida fans around her.

Tech was a place that revived his football career and love for the game. He got to the NFL because of Tech.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    As a student, Jeff probably love Florida. As a football player, it's prob wasn't the best part of his college career from all the boos and hate he received. As noted by SI article, his mom had to wear headphones at the games to block out the obnoxious hateful stuff coming out of Florida fans around her.

Tech was a place that revived his football career and love for the game. He got to the NFL because of Tech.
    I really hate that for her. Must really ruin her saturdays. She not only has to hear it each weekend, but she knows she will hear it each weekend.

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Oh balogna. If I were to go take graduate courses at Arkansas I wouldn't forfeit my Bulldog status.
    No, but if you start wearing purple then in my eyes you do forfeit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    No, but if you start wearing purple then in my eyes you do forfeit it.
    If someone graduated from there It shouldnt be a problem. I wouldnt want them to wear it on campus, but outside of that they are free to wear what they please because it was their school.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    If someone graduated from there It shouldnt be a problem. I wouldnt want them to wear it on campus, but outside of that they are free to wear what they please because it was their school.
    Its pretty common for grad students to wear undergrad swag. Dont see it as much from non-American universities but branding is not as big a part of non-American university culture, I think.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Here's where I'm coming from. Maybe Skip needs to send him a care package just to see the response.
    (If we already don't do this).

Aug. 4 tweet from @jeffdriskel:
    "Thank you @CoachMcElwain @GatorsFB and @GatorsEquipment for the care package. Once a Gator always a Gator!"

It took a few weeks, but the care package finally arrived. BTW, his wallpaper on twitter is Tech, not UF.

Jeff DriskelVerified account @jeffdriskel Sep 1More

Thank you @LATechFB and @CoachSHoltz for the gear! Good luck this season

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    It took a few weeks, but the care package finally arrived. BTW, his wallpaper on twitter is Tech, not UF.

Jeff DriskelVerified account @jeffdriskel Sep 1More

Thank you @LATechFB and @CoachSHoltz for the gear! Good luck this season

Good deal.

+ Reply to Thread