+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Civil War monument topic

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Civil War monument topic

Eventually, they'll want to dig up graves of confederate soldiers. How long before they start trying to tear Jefferson's face off of Rushmore? Typical radical behavior of terrorists. The Taliban blew up huge Buddhist statues carved in the side of a mountain in Afghanistan. ISIS destroyed relics in a city in northern Iraq because it didn't match up with their goofy religion.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I think the point RD was making was that the purpose of the statues was to offend, intimidate and disenfranchise.

That is a bit different than doing something for a different reason and someone gets offended, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Perhaps because the people who were (intentionally) intimidated and disenfranchised by the statues fear becoming marginalized again.
    Do you not distinguish between government acts that are intended to offend and those that have another purpose but have that effect?
    Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Eventually, they'll want to dig up graves of confederate soldiers. How long before they start trying to tear Jefferson's face off of Rushmore? Typical radical behavior of terrorists. The Taliban blew up huge Buddhist statues carved in the side of a mountain in Afghanistan. ISIS destroyed relics in a city in northern Iraq because it didn't match up with their goofy religion.
    Exactly! The left is acting like the Taliban and ISIS in trying to destroy history and historical items.

The leftist in America could never live in Europe as they imagine they could as the history and statues everywhere would drive them even further insane. The libs are too thin skinned and weak in America.

I agree with this statement.

'This is not about racial healing. This is about control of the narrative'

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/08/the-big-list-u-s-epidemic-of-endangered-monuments/#AwSpBYFQHgLge7rA.99

Muslim Mafia joins war on Confederate memorials
    Read more at http://www.wnd.com/#DL2Uk8WoPdLSPSrB.99

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post

'This is not about racial healing. This is about control of the narrative'

Damned right. And since we've controlled the narrative since we formed our country and it's always been our narrative and our country and since they don't like it they can get the phuck out, we aren't about to try to understand what they want to say or what they've experienced or have perceived to experience whether factual or misunderstood. It's our narrative and we aren't going to share it.

For some reason a scripture about not being a stumbling block to your brother keeps coming to mind when these graven image worship debates arise, but I guess you have to consider one as your brother for that to apply.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

I think the point RD was making was that the purpose of the statues was to offend, intimidate and disenfranchise.

That is a bit different than doing something for a different reason and someone gets offended, no?
    For the record...I wasn't making the point. I related someone else's point and solicited commentary. I never stated whether or not I agree with it.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Nobody is going to dig up Confederate soldiers. Get a grip.

Time to follow the advice of General Lee and put all the Confederacy "stuff" in a museum for future generations to understand.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    I don't know. I imagine depending on their rank and standing and family stature, they might be buried with some valuable items. I'm sure there are many "hidden" confederate grave sites off the beaten path. I wonder how much a confederate 10 dollar bill would go for?

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

I'll add these two cents...

The very nature of how this country came to be, what it is, why it is, etc....the fact that we are all free (within the law) means that everything we are is founded in discussion, debate, disagreement...even to the point of being offensive. As long as Americans are free, Americans will be offended by the freedom of other Americans.

This is why I think this entire debate is stupid...and I'm not limiting it to monuments. Are there racist people in this country? duh. Do people dislike other people for all kinds of reasons? Of course. Do people get offended? certainly. Are we all free to think and feel these things? absolutely. Anything otherwise wouldn't be America. However...

...having said all that, has there ever, in the history of the world, been a nation without persecution of certain groups? No. Has that ever been fair? No. Does that make it right? No, but it does shed some realism on the subject.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I don't know. I imagine depending on their rank and standing and family stature, they might be buried with some valuable items. I'm sure there are many "hidden" confederate grave sites off the beaten path. I wonder how much a confederate 10 dollar bill would go for?
    There is a lot of gold buried in the unmarked grave next to Arch Stanton's.

Time to follow the advice of General Lee and put all the Confederacy "stuff" in a museum for future generations to understand.
    You sure?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...der-grave.html
    http://www.theamericanmirror.com/mem...enerals-grave/

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    There is a lot of gold buried in the unmarked grave next to Arch Stanton's.
    Thanks for the tip, blondie.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

And they would bury our fine police officers next to him if given the chance. "Kind, considerate, concerned" liberals with "good hearts" need to steer clear of the BLM people. That group, with good intentions out of the gate, has been corrupted with anti-police, pro-stalinist, pro-violence leaders.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    I'll add these two cents...

The very nature of how this country came to be, what it is, why it is, etc....the fact that we are all free (within the law) means that everything we are is founded in discussion, debate, disagreement...even to the point of being offensive. As long as Americans are free, Americans will be offended by the freedom of other Americans.

This is why I think this entire debate is stupid...and I'm not limiting it to monuments. Are there racist people in this country? duh. Do people dislike other people for all kinds of reasons? Of course. Do people get offended? certainly. Are we all free to think and feel these things? absolutely. Anything otherwise wouldn't be America. However...

...having said all that, has there ever, in the history of the world, been a nation without persecution of certain groups? No. Has that ever been fair? No. Does that make it right? No, but it does shed some realism on the subject.
    A lot of words that add up to this: a nothing burger.

They are not interested in the grave so much as the respect the poor guy received in the past

They are not interested in the grave so much as the respect the poor guy received in the past
    But the point is that, contrary to your assumption, they wish to use the grave to make their point.

A lot of words that add up to this: a nothing burger.
    Yep, and it summarizes this entire issue. Yet, you and people with similar views are trying to make that nothing burger into your mission.

Or is that you just being intolerant of my opinion?

+ Reply to Thread