+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Civil War monument topic

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Re: Civil War monument topic

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Yep, and it summarizes this entire issue. Yet, you and people with similar views are trying to make that nothing burger into your mission.

Or is that you just being intolerant of my opinion?
    Frankly, RD, I couldn't figure out your opinion. Hence, the nothing burger comment. Maybe you can re-phrase it so I can have a second chance to understand it?

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    But the point is that, contrary to your assumption, they wish to use the grave to make their point.
    Out of the hundred of thousands of Confederate dead, a few are dug up? Anyway, my Great-Great grandfather was a Captain in the Confederate Army so I driving over to Arkansas next week to check on his grave which is located in Old Alabama.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    Out of the hundred of thousands of Confederate dead, a few are dug up? Anyway, my Great-Great grandfather was a Captain in the Confederate Army so I driving over to Arkansas next week to check on his grave which is located in Old Alabama.
    Where is Old Alabama?

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Here's what I asked my black friend one day when he was complaining about how slaves were treated. Where do you think you would be today if your ancestors had not been slaves? He's a very smart and successful guy.

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Where is Old Alabama?
    actually it's spelled Old Alabam. It's in Madison County AR.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    There is a lot of gold buried in the unmarked grave next to Arch Stanton's.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubVc2MQwMkg

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    Frankly, RD, I couldn't figure out your opinion. Hence, the nothing burger comment. Maybe you can re-phrase it so I can have a second chance to understand it?
    So because you couldn't comprehend, you responded with an insult. Ok.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Good ole Southern peepaw giving his granddaughter a history lesson as I'd imagine it.
    "You know little Beulah Mae. That statue there is of the great Confederate General Robert E. Lee who fought in the War of Northern Aggression when us Southerners wanted to preserve our rights as sovereign states to govern ourselves as we saw fit. One of those rights was to own slaves. Now we know that was a bad thing, but we were a bit confused back then. As you know, we lost and had to give up our slaves. The funny thing about this and other statues from the Confederacy is that they weren't even built until nearly 50 years after the war ended, around 1909, when the former slaves started to get a bit full of themselves. They even were so bold as to form an organization called the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People at that time, NAACP for short. So, to remind them of who was still in charge, statues that engendered their worst memories, fears and nightmares were erected. Boy did it keep them in their place. But it's a different world now. They don't still harbor scars from growing up in the shadows of the treatment their ancestors received or the disadvantages so steep that many still struggle to overcome the damage to their psyche. But it is good we keep these statues up to remind us that we shouldn't ever have slaves again because these statues do more good in reminding us of our evil past than they do harm of reminding them they still are faced with a legacy of subjugation. Now that's your history lesson for today."

My concern is with the human condition. I've said before, I don't really care what's done with the statues. I also believe that some truly believe that they believe they want the statues a a history lesson. I take the approach of why give life to something that I know causes conflict, a stumbling block if you will, to another human being? Why not try to be compassionate and understanding to their journey? Will there be those who seek to take advantage of that notion? Of course. But that doesn't mean you make the others suffer. I've resigned myself to the fact that this world is past the turning point, and we're closer to Christ's coming than we realize, but that's only affirmed my resolve to start speaking honestly the way I feel led.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

One might think it would be Southerners who would want all those Confederate monuments removed. After all, we are told, the South was pure evil in the 1860's and we lost the war to boot. Who would want to be reminded of that?

Germans want no reminders of Hitler's Germany and his Nazis. They want to sanitize their history. Erase all vestiges of the era, Germany had NO 1930's - 1945. It did not exist. Tell young German children today...it's amazing, Germany has no history for that 15-year period.

But, that's not the case here. Southerners (obviously not all, but in a general consensus) do not want to erase, whitewash away, our history. Instead, it's Yankees and today's libtards who want to erase that history. Pretend it never happened....just like Germans today. Why is that? What are Yankees and libtards afraid of?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Most Southerners use the fallacious argument that removing deified graven images of past gone people will erase their existence as though that is the only avenue of teaching history. Why is that? What are these Southerners afraid of?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Most Southerners use the fallacious argument that removing deified graven images of past gone people will erase their existence as though that is the only avenue of teaching history. Why is that? What are these Southerners afraid of?
    Nothing. Especially a bunch of damn yankee interlopers or antifa terrorists.

It's occurred to me that Champ967 hasn't chimed in yet. I wonder why he isn't talking up the saving of taxpayers money and re-purposing these statues? In fact, that might be the best solution. Come on, Champ. You can be a national hero by stepping in with a legitimate re-purpose model that would allow everyone to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Not afraid of a damned thing! I say put up MORE Confederate monuments. And not just to our gallant soldiers, but to the philosophy that was the Confederacy. People have a right to self-government, self-determination. And that is the REAL answer to the rhetorical question I posed....well, maybe not rhetorical to a moron like you, devoid of real historical knowledge. Or...maybe you do know, but you're one of the evil One-Worlders and understand completely. Which is it, Dirty, are you just ignorant or are you evil?

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

So this is what we turn into after asking God to leave our classromms and courtrooms? (or have we asked Him to leave our lives as well?)

Turn on anyone who disagrees and resort to namecalling? Are we trying to relate truth, or just to tear down or silence anyone who disagrees by getting louder and meaner?

Pro 18:6 A fool's lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth for strokes.
    Pro 18:7 A fool's mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.
    Ecc 10:12 The words of a wise man's mouth are gracious; but the lips of a fool will swallow up himself.
    Ecc 10:13 The beginning of the words of his mouth is foolishness: and the end of his talk is mischievous madness.
    Ecc 10:14 A fool also is full of words: a man cannot tell what shall be; and what shall be after him, who can tell him?

Been there, done that, then, thank God, got humbled and realized who was really winning, hope to never return. WE will account for every word.

Cowpatty - Venting emotions, in general, is not reasoning, nor love, but all about self. (it is much better when we "do all to the glory of God" -1 Cor. 10:31)

Much more importantly, Jesus said "Go and sin no more." {hoping to hear stones drop.}

Yep! I didn't want to post this, I just had to.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

What does the Bible say about building statues to false idols such as Confederate generals?

+ Reply to Thread