+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Harvey

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: Harvey

You can tell its almost football season. The "long range rain meteorologists" are back on BB&B. lol

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

That storm needs to move somewhere. Texas is a national disaster. Pray for the people in the Houston area while you are sitting in the rain. I have family, Tech family there.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I believe there is a special place in hell for price gougers.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

We have many regular posters from the Houston area who have been quiet for the last 36 hours. Hope y'all are okay.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

We are have a lot of students/athletes from that area as well.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I believe there is a special place in hell for price gougers.
    I dunno. It's just supply and demand, the free market. If you're gonna have a true FREE market then you have to take the bad with the good. If you start manipulating it, it's no longer a FREE market. BTW....we do NOT have a FREE market in the USA. I don't think it exists anywhere.....'cept maybe in some hidden tribes deep in the Amazon who use a barter system. The closest FREE market I have seen was in Hong Kong pre-1997. RAW CAPITALISM!!! I loved it.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Besides the tornados five miles on either side of me I am holding out fine. My street is actually dry with a little standing water near the curbs. I am in Missouri City near Sugarland. We only had about five inches of rain yesterday but another ten inches of rain over night. Right now a weak band is coming through with a shower.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

My son and his family are okay in The Woodlands.

My brother-in-law, his son and daughter all 3 have homes in Katy. Looks like the daughter's house may get flooded. They back up to a flood canal and it is full. The street is flooded now because there is no place for the water to go. Nobody can leave the area due to all the underpass are flooded.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I dunno. It's just supply and demand, the free market. If you're gonna have a true FREE market then you have to take the bad with the good. .

It's taking advantage of the needy and the worst form of hate. Greed is never justified.

Supply and demand rules don't apply in times of distress.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post

It's taking advantage of the needy and the worst form of hate. Greed is never justified.

Supply and demand rules don't apply in times of distress.
    Think of how many people would be driving down there with water if they thought they could sell it for a high price. When they get down there and see that thousands of others had the same idea, they'd have to sell it at a much discounted price. Think of the natural gas industry and fracking: everybody did it until the supply tanked the price, making natural gas extraordinarily affordable.

Not saying I'd price gauge, just saying it should be legal and is an effective way to get supplies to the area in situations like this, in addition to govt aid and voluntary aid.

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post

Not saying I'd price gauge, just saying it should be legal and is an effective way to get supplies to the area in situations like this, in addition to govt aid and voluntary aid.
    I don't care about legal. Taking advantage of the needy is right there with pedophilia IMO.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

They are getting their info from The Weather Channel.
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    You can tell its almost football season. The "long range rain meteorologists" are back on BB&B. lol

Confirmation now that Harvey has met the cold front and will now head back to the gulf and then north. Horrible news.

That's good news for Houston. Need to move it somewhere.

+ Reply to Thread