+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Harvey

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Harvey

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    That's good news for Houston. Need to move it somewhere.
    Moving north now instead of back on them would have been better

Now a tornado warning for Harris County until 6:45.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Think of how many people would be driving down there with water if they thought they could sell it for a high price. When they get down there and see that thousands of others had the same idea, they'd have to sell it at a much discounted price. Think of the natural gas industry and fracking: everybody did it until the supply tanked the price, making natural gas extraordinarily affordable.

Not saying I'd price gauge, just saying it should be legal and is an effective way to get supplies to the area in situations like this, in addition to govt aid and voluntary aid.
    That is a really crazy post. I'm sitting here wondering what I can do to help these people and you are thinking about how you can rip them off. That is disgusting.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

I just want to get the thing moving. It is just sitting there and dumping rain. Hate it is going to rain on the football game, but lives are at stake here.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Think of how many people would be driving down there with water if they thought they could sell it for a high price. When they get down there and see that thousands of others had the same idea, they'd have to sell it at a much discounted price. Think of the natural gas industry and fracking: everybody did it until the supply tanked the price, making natural gas extraordinarily affordable.

Not saying I'd price gauge, just saying it should be legal and is an effective way to get supplies to the area in situations like this, in addition to govt aid and voluntary aid.
    I appreciate your post. It made me think. You aren't some savage human being for this example.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    I appreciate your post. It made me think. You aren't some savage human being for this example.
    What example is that? Thinking supply and demand applies to price gougers? The more gougers there are the cheaper the price? We're talking about 24 bottles of water that can be purchased for $2.50. The gougers are demanding over $50. That's exactly something a non-human savage would do.

Edit: I don't think TD123 is a savage at all. I think it was a poorly worded post.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Crazy amount of water down here. Unfortunately they're going to have to open some dams which will result further flooding of areas down stream.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    That is a really crazy post. I'm sitting here wondering what I can do to help these people and you are thinking about how you can rip them off. That is disgusting.
    🤘

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

People charging $40 to $ $90 for a case of drinking water is reprehensible. Texas has laws against this and hopefully some major fines will be given.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Maybe so but it's pretty known that price controls during a natural disaster actually hurt the locals. Notwithstanding the moral questions, it should be legal.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2077734

https://www.google.com/amp/dailysign...-controls/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...m-victims/amp/

http://business.time.com/2012/11/02/...cally-dubious/

Seems like many of you adopt Time's position. Again, I wouldn't do it. But I don't think it should be illegal. I'm not posting again on this

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

And so it begins. It looks as if a Dem. Mayor screwed up again.

Why wasn't Houston evacuated?
    GOVERNOR, MAYOR SPLIT...

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post

GOVERNOR, MAYOR SPLIT...
    I have to agree with the Democrat mayor on this issue. You can't put 6.5 million people on our existing highway infrastructure all at once. Our highways simply can not handle that kind of capacity. People would now be trapped (or have drowned) in their flooded cars had everyone tried to leave at once. The answer is for everyone to be better prepared to shelter in place for a couple of weeks. It isn't that hard or expensive to do.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I have been through an attempted evacuation way back in Rita when everyone was scared because of Katrina a month or so earlier. This was not a total Houston evacuation but people were stuck on the freeways for hours and they didn't get anywhere. I just looked at the complete grid lock and decided to stay and Rita didn't come here, but went to Beaumount instead.

We evacuate the low lying coastal areas due to storm surge and everyone else shelters in place. They have improved the evacuation procedures with converting freeways to all out bound, etc., but 6.5 million people would be impossible. Then there are most people are like me with not flooding. During all of the disasters I have endured the biggest problem was loss of power for several days.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post

GOVERNOR, MAYOR SPLIT...
    He was going to be blamed no matter what he did. A mass evacuation may have led to a greater loss of life with all the gridlock and flood prone areas on our roadways.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    He was going to be blamed no matter what he did. A mass evacuation may have led to a greater loss of life with all the gridlock and flood prone areas on our roadways.
    Off topic a little... Is your neighborhood ok or being flooded?
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I have been through an attempted evacuation way back in Rita when everyone was scared because of Katrina a month or so earlier. This was not a total Houston evacuation but people were stuck on the freeways for hours and they didn't get anywhere. I just looked at the complete grid lock and decided to stay and Rita didn't come here, but went to Beaumount instead.

We evacuate the low lying coastal areas due to storm surge and everyone else shelters in place. They have improved the evacuation procedures with converting freeways to all out bound, etc., but 6.5 million people would be impossible. Then there are most people are like me with not flooding. During all of the disasters I have endured the biggest problem was loss of power for several days.
    Right, I think over 100 people died just due to the evacuation of Rita.

+ Reply to Thread