+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Uniform Combos

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 2017 Uniform Combos

Quote Originally Posted by hambone29 View Post
    One time we had a good game and we had a white T on the helmet. Had to be the white T. We suck this year bc of the red T.
    This is the reason for wanting the white T? Or let me guess, you can’t see the red T from the stands? Thing is, no one, especially you old timers, can see a helmet logo from the stands without binoculars anyway. The white T is ugly and more people like the red T than you think. They just don’t come to this message board and try to validate the existing helmet logo. And also, bc why would they when our team sucks and there’s nothing to discuss except helmet decals.
    This is not new, been discussing it and displeased with it since the change happened, maybe a lot of us thought we would get used to it, we didn't. This year with no football team and no mascot, the red T on the red helmet is a good distraction for us all.

I suppose it is a matter of opinion, I think the Red T on the Red helmet is a horrible idea and just plain does not look right, it is unattractive. Doesn't matter how we are able to see it, just as long as we see it and a lot of us sit close enough to the field to see it if that is where we feel like sitting. We usually sit in lower sections because of course we are too old and feeble to make it to upper sections.

Old Timers.....well, yea your right, there are some old timers here and most of us are proud of it and just happy that the good lord had plans for us again today and woke us up this morning.

When you are talking about Old Timers, remember, we did not get old by being stupid and a lot of life's pleasures you enjoy today were made possible by old timers!
    Last edited by BhadDawg; 11-14-2017 at 02:45 PM.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

#MaxieLambrightCries...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Old timers wasn’t meant as an insult just like millennials isn’t meant as an insult. I’m neither
    When it comes to the red T vs white T, seems the older fans have a hard time letting go of the white T, whereas the younger crowd prefers the red T.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Would Alabama change the script A and go with a BLOCK A?

To a lot of us that's the same - arguably the best coach in Tech History designed the logo as the Red Helmet - Blue State with the WHITE Block T - TRADITION....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Would Alabama change the script A and go with a BLOCK A?

To a lot of us that's the same - arguably the best coach in Tech History designed the logo as the Red Helmet - Blue State with the WHITE Block T - TRADITION....
    I'm "younger crowd."

White T all the way.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Old timers wasn’t meant as an insult just like millennials isn’t meant as an insult. I’m neither
    When it comes to the red T vs white T, seems the older fans have a hard time letting go of the white T, whereas the younger crowd prefers the red T.
    Did not take it as one, jus havin sum fun wit ya!

It is not a letting Go issue, if you didn't catch DFM's hashtag, it's about respect of where it came from. You speak of it as if it was a past technology like a rotary dial telephone that we refuse to stop using, that is not the case.

We like the white T on the red helmet and we respect and appreciate where it came from. Losing that T is erasing part of our history, maybe if the younger crowd was educated on where that T came from they may have a little more understanding.

Again...as DFM said, TRADITION, that is what we are trying to hang on to. Almost every NCAA football team changes helmets and uniforms multiple times a year, I mean drastic changes, they have no recognizable insignia, you have to look at the score to tell which teams are playing. When people see our iconic state T, they know who we are, we should use the white and blue on red every chance we get.

Just a quick side note, that state T logo is well known, you get away from Louisiana and people recognize it, so why mess with it.

I was in the Mall of America in Minneapolis last year I believe, walking with three other guys with various LSU garb on and taking some ribbing from them for my TECH wear. Two different times I had someone yell out "Louisiana TECH" and no one, I mean no one ever made one comment to our LSU guys. I wore TECH stuff the rest of the trip especially in airports, and never failed to get a "HBTD's" or something of the sort, the LSU guys were at a loss for words. People recognize us by our State T.

The point being, we have a recognizable Logo, and we have tradition with it, and we should keep it. The media guides given to commentator crews and so forth should always have that story in it of who Maxie Lambright is and his long held legacy of the white T.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I think your continual floccinauchinihilipilfication of the white T is baffling. I'm not so sure how generational it is, and even if so, most of that would be for the same "that's how it's *always* been" reasons that you're so dismissive of.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    Just a quick side note, that state T logo is well known, you get away from Louisiana and people recognize it, so why mess with it.

I was in the Mall of America in Minneapolis last year I believe, walking with three other guys with various LSU garb on and taking some ribbing from them for my TECH wear. Two different times I had someone yell out "Louisiana TECH" and no one, I mean no one ever made one comment to our LSU guys. I wore TECH stuff the rest of the trip especially in airports, and never failed to get a "HBTD's" or something of the sort, the LSU guys were at a loss for words. People recognize us by our State T.

The point being, we have a recognizable Logo, and we have tradition with it, and we should keep it. The media guides given to commentator crews and so forth should always have that story in it of who Maxie Lambright is and his long held legacy of the white T.
    I've posted this here before, but it is amazing how recognizable that logo is nationally. I was in a job from the mid 90s for 10 years where I was on the road traveling across the country for about 250 weeks. I often wore a Tech pin on my suit lapel the day of a big game or after a big win. I was always amazed at the reaction to it. Even casual sports fans knew it was Louisiana Tech.

I always got comments as well. Like "that's where Bradshaw and Malone went to school." And "your girl's basketball team is really, really good." And "aren't you guys in the WAC with BYU, UNLV, Hawaii, Fresno State, Boise State....to which I would reply "something like that."

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

I bet the logo y’all were wearing was a blue state with a red T, am I right?

And which white T do we miss? The Dooley white T? Bc that’s not the original design!

Sorry my unchanging opinion of the red T baffles someone. I simply think the red T logo looks better than any other logo we have regardless of background color. I also wish we never added stripe(s) to the red helmet. And it is of my opinion the logo should be slightly larger on the sides of the helmet.

Lastly, I agree with everyone that we have a very unique and distinguished logo. I’ve had many people comment on my Tech gear while out here in lala land. Surprisingly, most even say Lah Tech.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Best helmet in all of football:

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

More

#EverLoyalBe

0 replies1 retweet1 like

Retweet

Direct message

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

It's the color scheme of the logo with red background that some folks have an issue with, not the logo design.
    Last edited by qng001; 11-17-2017 at 10:03 AM.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    It's the color scheme of the logo with red background that some folks have an issue with not the logo design.
    Bingo. The Red T is great....on a white background.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    It's the color scheme of the logo with red background that some folks have an issue with not the logo design.
    Yep. We should use the red T with red helmets and white T with white helmets.

+ Reply to Thread