+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Uniform Combos

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: 2017 Uniform Combos

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I know you are opposed to logic, but logic says that those opposed to the white T would have been complaining about it before it was changed to red. Not only did nobody complain, only a handful said anything positive about the change. It was a REALLY dumb move. Those who thought otherwise never even stated their opinions until AFTER the change.
    I'll just file this one in the irony file.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I'll just file this one in the irony file.
    Put in in your lack of logic file.

How can you use logic to justify what they did?

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Who really gives a crap about the uni combo at this point. It doesn't matter what this team wears or what the coaches wear on the sidelines.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lotsudo View Post
    Who really gives a crap about the uni combo at this point. It doesn't matter what this team wears or what the coaches wear on the sidelines.
    We know they are going to wear another "L". Field goals simply do not win football games. We attempted 4 of them before halftime!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lotsudo View Post
    Tradition matters to most of the long time fans. Long time fans don't matter much to our AD or our HC.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Tradition matters to most of the long time fans. Long time fans don't matter much to our AD or our HC.
    I'm an 1981 Alum...I want the white "T" back...but that's not going to fix this cluster F***

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Put in in your lack of logic file.
    Hasty generalization. Ad hominem. False alternative.

Those are three of the reasons it goes in the irony file.

I don't have to justify what they did. Their job titles justified what they did. I'm only here to to challenge the conclusions you've made about these people based on how you understand the "T" controversy. Leah's gone, but JMac is VERY easy to find. You should talk to him if this upsets you so much. Personally, I think we've got much bigger problems than the colors of our logos.

Hasty generalization. Ad hominem. False alternative.

Those are three of the reasons it goes in the irony file.

I don't have to justify what they did. Their job titles justified what they did. I'm only here to to challenge the conclusions you've made about these people based on how you understand the "T" controversy. Leah's gone, but JMac is VERY easy to find. You should talk to him if this upsets you so much. Personally, I think we've got much bigger problems than the colors of our logos.
    I agree wholeheartedly!

Job titles? Really? They didn't care what the long time fans thought about the change. If they had they would never have presented the change to their boss who apparently didn't really care about tradition either.

Job titles? Really? They didn't care what the long time fans thought about the change. If they had they would never have presented the change to their boss who apparently didn't really care about tradition either.
    I bet they did it specifically to piss off the long time fans (not the lousy 20 year fans like me, but the 2-score minimum crowd). Maybe they did it because the White T is racist?

We'll add non sequitur to the list and I'm gonna call it a night.

Let me know if you want me to introduce you to Josh. I think you'd like him.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Maybe they changed from the White T logo because they:
    1. didn't understand the Louisiana Tech fan base's collective opinion and
    2. never conducted a simple market survey questionnaire to find out

This is basic 'Marketing 101' stuff that even a high school student would understand if someone explained it to them for about 5 minutes.

I bet they did it specifically to piss off the long time fans (not the lousy 20 year fans like me, but the 2-score minimum crowd). Maybe they did it because the White T is racist?

We'll add non sequitur to the list and I'm gonna call it a night.

Let me know if you want me to introduce you to Josh. I think you'd like him.
    If it was about them being expert marketers why didn't they explain why they made the change? When asked we got crickets. It was never about marketing, it was about their personal opinions.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

OK....I figured out how to solve this issue many of us want our white T back, some do not, some do not care. the Solution is very simple, we use the democratic process.
    We start two go fund me accounts, one supports the return of the white T on the red helmet and one account supports the continued use of the red T on red helmet. The one that raises the most money wins of course and the benefit of the process is we use the proceeds of both to Buy Skip out!

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    OK....I figured out how to solve this issue many of us want our white T back, some do not, some do not care. the Solution is very simple, we use the democratic process.
    We start two go fund me accounts, one supports the return of the white T on the red helmet and one account supports the continued use of the red T on red helmet. The one that raises the most money wins of course and the benefit of the process is we use the proceeds of both to Buy Skip out!
    Now THAT is win/win Marketing.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

I love the red T and many others do too.

+ Reply to Thread