+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Uniform Combos

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: 2017 Uniform Combos

Quote Originally Posted by hambone29 View Post
    Nobody can make out helmet logos from the stands regardless of color.
    Just bc the background is red doesn't mean you have to change the logo. Texans helmet is an example. Falcons too.
    I guess the baseball team should have a white state on the blue caps
    You were not complaining about the white T until the over achievers got rid of it

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I mentioned we should stick with the red T across the board a time or two on this board years before the change.
    Felt this way ever since my baseball playing days at Tech bc the random state-T with each uniform and hat were ugly and inconsistent.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Actually I mentioned we should stick with the red T across the board a time or two on this board years before the change.
    Felt this way ever since my baseball playing days at Tech bc the random state-T with each uniform and hat were ugly and inconsistent.
    There was no red T on Red State on red unins back in the day. Back in the day the T always contrasted with the State even if it was one of the blue colors, white, or red on white or blue. I suppose that inconsistency is what you speak of. We still have the issue today.

The only constant over the years with our helmets had been the white T. The shade of blue was changed at least one time.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    There was no red T on Red State on red unins back in the day. Back in the day the T always contrasted with the State even if it was one of the blue colors, white, or red on white or blue. I suppose that inconsistency is what you speak of. We still have the issue today.

The only constant over the years with our helmets had been the white T. The shade of blue was changed at least one time.
    I am referring to the T and state changing colors based on background color. Some were white t with blue state, some red t white state, etc.
    I've seen every combo possible and none look as good as the red T blue state, regardless of background color IMO.

Big Dog Terence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of light Terence32's Avatar

I am referring to the T and state changing colors based on background color. Some were white t with blue state, some red t white state, etc. I've seen every combo possible and none look as good as the red T blue state IMO.

Thank you, I agree again.
    The white T looks like a bubble gum sticker.
    I don't remember seeing a white state T logo anywhere on Tech's campus.
    It has always been red.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Terence32 View Post
    It has always been red.
    The white T is on the side of the seats in the TAC and it was on the side of the original chairbacks in JAS. It also was on a large logo on one of the brick walls on the Tonk (I think where the Tech radio studio was).

And on the helmet worn by Terry Bradshaw.

It has always been red.
    yes it was unique to the RED helmet and no it has not always been red. It has and continues to be blue as well as red. White was an acceptable color until our admin became so ashamed by the mistake they banned the white T all together. Nobody was complaining until they saw a chance to argue against tradition. The same ones who think "babee" is cute in the "everloyalbe"

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

LaTech Re: 2017 Uniform Combos

I realize the official Tech logo is Red T on Blue state with white border, and I'm fine with that. And there's no immediate danger of me kicking the door open to Dave Guerin's office and sticking a gun to his head and saying, "make that T white or else!" I just want the "original" white T when we wear red helmets or put it on a red background - just like I agree with the Red T on white helmets. But I DO NOT LIKE THAT BULLDOG STICKER!

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    I realize the official Tech logo is Red T on Blue state with white border, and I'm fine with that. And there's no immediate danger of me kicking the door open to Dave Guerin's office and sticking a gun to his head and saying, "make that T white or else!" I just want the "original" white T when we wear red helmets or put it on a red background - just like I agree with the Red T on white helmets. But I DO NOT LIKE THAT BULLDOG STICKER!
    Side note: Dave Guerin's office is no longer Dave Guerin's office. He's moved on to another Tech (Virginia).

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Side note: Dave Guerin's office is no longer Dave Guerin's office. He's moved on to another Tech (Virginia).
    I was not aware of that. However, my statement stands - I will not be kicking down any doors in the immediate future with regard to this matter.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Virginia Tech is on TV right now. For some reason they have a red T on their helmets....

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Virginia Tech is on TV right now. For some reason they have a red T on their helmets....

I love it

Puppy heatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really niceheatrayguy is just really nice

White T. Yes.

Except, as a retired veteran, I just love it when on/close to Veterans Day they do the flag T/ Louisiana. Brings a tear to my eye.

Also, we MUST do it when we play a service academy.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

It has always been red.
    So, if you and hambone are so happy with the "red T" on the red helmet, then you should both also favor a "white T" on a white helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    So, if you and hambone are so happy with the "red T" on the red helmet, then you should both also favor a "white T" on a white helmet.
    To put it simply, we like our official logo, regardless of background color.

+ Reply to Thread