+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warning to Tailgaters

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Warning to Tailgaters

If you tailgate on the hill near the TAC, you will not be able to enter that area from the north side in a vehicle (even to unload) after 8:00am unless you have a red parking pass. In the past it was 4pm for a 6pm game.

Thanks to our admin for the 24 hour notice. The press release came out at 4:30 on Thursday.

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m...083117aaa.html

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Warning to Tailgaters

Can you come in from the back side from I-20? I have gone out that way many times. Went through Grambling once because I missed the turn.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Can you come in from the back side from I-20? I have gone out that way many times. Went through Grambling once because I missed the turn.
    If by the back side, you mean turning on to Bulldog Drive from Alabama, not unless you have a red parking pass

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Several years ago (maybe the Houston game?), we were not allowed to pull in there without a pass. We were tailgating in Hideaway Park. Anyway, we ended up parking in the Apartment complex and carrying our stuff over. It wasn't too bad.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by pawdawg View Post
    if you tailgate on the hill near the tac, you will not be able to enter that area from the north side in a vehicle (even to unload) after 8:00am unless you have a red parking pass. In the past it was 4pm for a 6pm game.

Thanks to our admin for the 24 hour notice. The press release came out at 4:30 on thursday.

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m...083117aaa.html
    ...and no exceptions!
    Don-Knotts--C10042352.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Several years ago (maybe the Houston game?), we were not allowed to pull in there without a pass. We were tailgating in Hideaway Park. Anyway, we ended up parking in the Apartment complex and carrying our stuff over. It wasn't too bad.
    FWIW, what has been free parking along the south side of Alabama near the TAC has been posted with no parking signs. Parking is extremely limited now. I"m not big on parking illegally. Getting towed is never fun

Varsity Bulldog Jacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the rough

Does the 8 AM rule pertain to all home games? If so that's a real pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksonian View Post
    Does the 8 AM rule pertain to all home games? If so that's a real pain.
    Apparently for now. IMO, 12:00 pm would have been reasonable, but I figure they set it at 8:00am so they would not have to adjust it for early afternoon games.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    If by the back side, you mean turning on to Bulldog Drive from Alabama, not unless you have a red parking pass
    No, I mean coming from toward Grambling. If I remember correctly you have go north of I-20 feeder at Tech Drive Exit to another road parallel to the feeder that leads west and then south back across !-20 and meets the Grambling (Alabama?) road just north of the TAC. Turn left there and you can get to the back side of the TAC. I have never gone in that way, only left, so I am not sure. Like I said when leaving one time I missed the turn north of TAC and went on to Grambling which got me back out to I-20 eventually.

No, I mean coming from toward Grambling. If I remember correctly you have go north of I-20 feeder at Tech Drive Exit to another road parallel to the feeder that leads west and then south back across !-20 and meets the Grambling (Alabama?) road just north of the TAC. Turn left there and you can get to the back side of the TAC. I have never gone in that way, only left, so I am not sure. Like I said when leaving one time I missed the turn north of TAC and went on to Grambling which got me back out to I-20 eventually.
    Sounds like you are describing Bulldog Drive (runs by Hideaway Park). No access after 8am w/out red pass.

Varsity Bulldog Jacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the rough

Apparently for now. IMO, 12:00 pm would have been reasonable, but I figure they set it at 8:00am so they would not have to adjust it for early afternoon games.
    Totally agree. If I'm driving in the day of from Shreveport, I'm there before noon anyway. But as it stands I'd either have to find somewhere to stay Friday night or leave Shreveport at 6 AM.

Sounds like you are describing Bulldog Drive (runs by Hideaway Park). No access after 8am w/out red pass.
    I don't don't know about that. I have never see a Hideaway Park entrance back there. I thought the Hideaway Park entrance was on the street running beside the parking lot and out to Tech Drive. Evidently the road turns west toward Grambling and a fork (there may be a stop sign) goes due north to cross I-20. If you can get to those apartments back there you should be able to get on the hill above Argent Pavilion. I can't see how they could totally block the road to the apartments but you never know about our great public servants - Ruston police and Lincoln Parish deputies. There are some homes back there, too.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Can you come in from the back side
    twss

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

But that is an easy fix...if you set a time the gates open prior to kickoff, then a time the parking lots open prior to gates then you just adjust. Make it 6 or 7 or 8 hours, but adjust based on game times. That would make it efficient and easy to communicate to all. Then if you have a high demand game and you want to adjust and give people MORE TIME it allows you to be customer friendly. But, that is just my experience.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    But that is an easy fix...if you set a time the gates open prior to kickoff, then a time the parking lots open prior to gates then you just adjust. Make it 6 or 7 or 8 hours, but adjust based on game times. That would make it efficient and easy to communicate to all. Then if you have a high demand game and you want to adjust and give people MORE TIME it allows you to be customer friendly. But, that is just my experience.
    Hmm...OD would make a great new AD.

+ Reply to Thread