+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warning to Tailgaters

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Warning to Tailgaters

Can't wait for the Tarbutton Road exit off I-20 James stvwest of Exit 84. It'll help the travelers west towards Shreveport a lot.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Somebody needs to tell Ruston Mayor Ronnie Walker that is doesn't look very nice or inviting to have a City of Ruston policeman hunkered down shooting a radar gun at Tech fans automobiles as they come over the hill from the west to exit at Tech Drive off of I-20 for the game. The 1st thing I thought when I saw the cop was, "well, if you're trying to make the City of Ruston look like assholes, you're succeeding."

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

It's a town versus gown thing. I also don't believe we should have any outside police in the stadium. The Ruston policemen would really like to frisk you. I had one stop me and make me throw away a water bottle even though there was a sign listing prohibited items right behind him that did not list water. One wanted to look inside my binoculars (not just the case) to make sure I wasn't sneaking in booze. I don't know if the Sheriff's deputies are any better. Let them direct traffic and patrol the parking lot. Keep them out of the stadium and tail gating areas. They are way too nosy and self important.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Somebody needs to tell Ruston Mayor Ronnie Walker that is doesn't look very nice or inviting to have a City of Ruston policeman hunkered down shooting a radar gun at Tech fans automobiles as they come over the hill from the west to exit at Tech Drive off of I-20 for the game. The 1st thing I thought when I saw the cop was, "well, if you're trying to make the City of Ruston look like assholes, you're succeeding."
    Yep, he zeroed in on me too! I wasn't speeding, but, I thought...what a crappy thing to be doing on GAME DAY!!!!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Yep, he zeroed in on me too! I wasn't speeding, but, I thought...what a crappy thing to be doing on GAME DAY!!!!
    That's EXACTLY what I thought too. And no, he didn't get me either.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Maybe we all need to make sure our Tech tags are on our vehicles.

Wink
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

He was probably just sore because he had to work. That plus you know he has a quota (don't give me any BS - my brother was a La. State Trooper) and the city probably told him where to set up.

Bulldog Tech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the rough Tech79's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

Amen! I despise the practice of small towns staking out Interstates doing nothing more than raising revenue from interstate travelers. I thought Ruston might be above that, but obviously I was wrong.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, don't speed and its not a problem. That's one of the benefits of being old. I chill much better now.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech79 View Post
    Amen! I despise the practice of small towns staking out Interstates doing nothing more than raising revenue from interstate travelers. I thought Ruston might be above that, but obviously I was wrong.
    It's been going on since back in the spring at least. City Police giving speeding tickets on the interstate is never a good or smart thing politically. Makes me wonder if the elected police chief is not on the same page as the elected mayor. The police chief is elected right?

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    It's been going on since back in the spring at least. City Police giving speeding tickets on the interstate is never a good or smart thing politically. Makes me wonder if the elected police chief is not on the same page as the elected mayor. The police chief is elected right?
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...A6RzdvRtNOHbBg

Posting from my phone so I doubt the link works...Appointed by Mayor and voted on by Aldermen.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RGTech98 View Post
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...A6RzdvRtNOHbBg

Posting from my phone so I doubt the link works...Appointed by Mayor and voted on by Aldermen.
    I think the Mayor will step in then

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Would they let me bring in an (empty) water canteen? Or am I just gonna have to pay whatever ripoff price it'll be for a warm bottle of H2O?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Would they let me bring in an (empty) water canteen? Or am I just gonna have to pay whatever ripoff price it'll be for a warm bottle of H2O?
    If they can't see inside the canteen probably not. Just depends on the guy/gal at the gate. Might try a clear empty water bottle and see if they're really going to be a**holes.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Gotta practice so they can confiscate cow bells this week.

+ Reply to Thread